• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Church Gift Bags for Visitors

• Members

I've been a visitor in quite a few churches so I have seen a variety of visitor packets. Here's what has been included: Information about the church (from extremely detailed with the entire history to just the basic service hours/days), a pen with church name on it, coupons to local businesses, bookmark with a poem or Bible verse, small notepad, and encouraging note from the pastor. 

• Administrators

We received a gift bag that had a cup with the church name (I collect mugs, so was quite happy), candy (hubs enjoyed that), a pen, and church info, along with a tract.  We have not done gift bags at our church, but it got us to thinking about doing them.

We purchased notepads for our members for Christmas this past year - the pads are bound; the cover has the church name, and there is a pen and some sticky pads inside. We ordered enough to put some in gift bags.  We thought it would be a bit different than just a pen. Hubs is working on an idea for an info card to put in the bag. We do have so me other odds and ends which we could possibly use.

Candy is always a good idea. You could look on Oriental to find "religious" candy, maybe include one or two of those in the bags.

We had leftover gift bags from our Christmas party which we kept ready in case we had visitors. The bags were really nice - brown, with sturdy handles, and the silhouette of the nativity and the wise men...with words from Christmas songs. Got those on Oriental, also.

Please let us know what you end up doing, as that helps with ideas. ?

• Members

The three churches we were members of in the past who used this approach used the same approach and items as were mentioned. The glass or cup had the church name on it, there was a tract, a pen and a devotional booklet. This worked quite well for us.

• Administrators

Our current gift bag includes information about the church, personal hand sanitizer, $5 gift card to Dunkin Donuts, a church t-shirt with the yearly theme, church pen and a copy of John and Romans. I'm currently seeing what else to put in as we are running low on t-shirts for the year. 

We'll  gladly offer Omaha steaks if any of you visit us. 

• Members
12 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I totally hope you're joking. ?

Of course, he should wait until Father's Day to hand out the steaks. 

7 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Our current gift bag includes information about the church, personal hand sanitizer, $5 gift card to Dunkin Donuts, a church t-shirt with the yearly theme, church pen and a copy of John and Romans. I'm currently seeing what else to put in as we are running low on t-shirts for the year. 

We'll  gladly offer Omaha steaks if any of you visit us. 

Where's your church again? ?

• Members
5 hours ago, Salyan said:

Why not Mother's Day? Why do dads get all the good gifts? ?

Well, I was thinking of the Father's Days deals they have at Omaha Steaks. I don't know if they have Mother's Day sales especially since grilling and BBQ'ing is considered misogynist now.