• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Freedom Convoys

• Members
6 hours ago, Salyan said:

This topic is to discuss the convoys and other efforts begun to draw attention to the severe infringements on our constitutional liberties and human rights. Although Covid was used as an excuse to remove these, this is not a Covid thread, and any degeneration into discussion of vaccines, treatment, or validity of Covid concerns will be deleted.

Disclaimer over. Guys! I’m going to Ottawa, Lord willing, by the end of next week, to join the protest at Parliament! (If Ford hasn’t got the OPP to illegally arrest everyone by then.) Excited and sobered to be part of this moment of history. 

Praying for you now, and throughout your time there! I'm all for these efforts by the truckers! I believe they're right to stand up against tyrannical actions. I hope the truckers here in the States do the same. There's far too much going on that is hindering the well-being of our people. I hope and pray that these things are cleared up quickly, as my wife's job, and the jobs/livelyhoods of many others are affected by these actions. If they carry these actions on for too long, they might just find that people won't be as supportive as they are now.

• Moderators

I heard some cool news today. Apparently the police at Parliament Hill had fenced off the War Memorial (cause, you know, all these ‘violent’ protestors might stick a Canadian flag on it or something ?). (Research the Terry Fox statue controversy to see what I’m referring to.) Well, a bunch of veterans got organized, came today and quietly and respectfully removed the fencing. They are now standing guard themselves at the memorial meant for them. ? ❤️

5 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Praying for you now, and throughout your time there! I'm all for these efforts by the truckers! I believe they're right to stand up against tyrannical actions. I hope the truckers here in the States do the same. There's far too much going on that is hindering the well-being of our people. I hope and pray that these things are cleared up quickly, as my wife's job, and the jobs/livelyhoods of many others are affected by these actions. If they carry these actions on for too long, they might just find that people won't be as supportive as they are now.

Thats probably what the government is going for, but the conservatives will remain supportive. You see, the jobs and livelihoods of the unvaxed are already at risk (or lost). The cool thing about these protests and convoys is that there are a lot of vaccinated people - people whose jobs are safe! - supporting this. Because they see the loss of freedom and won’t stand for it any more. 

• Moderators

In Edmonton now, it is illegal to honk your horn during a convoy, and the police have begun to ticket those flying flags from their vehicles - which are a LOT of vehicles (never seen Canadians be so patriotic!). They are tactics to try to stop the protests. 

4BE757A8-9C8C-4E7F-ACC3-8FCBB219BA1A.jpeg

• Moderators

People, please pray for us today! Now! Trudeau wants to enact the never-used Emergencies Act, which would give the federal government sweeping powers to quell any dissidence.  This Act was the successor of the War Measures Act, which was what our government used to intern German- and Japanese-Canadians during WW2. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-premiers-cabinet-1.6350734?fbclid=IwAR2U4n5PxsWCtzL6TeOhitJFbrzbA73QAnivI3BSXcViv7oP3dfLivHZvFI

https://theconversation.com/on-the-50th-anniversary-of-the-war-measures-act-we-dont-need-a-coronavirus-sequel-136918?fbclid=IwAR1EtQYlgNso07csWkj9aFP3dGArOOV2zNAemDTqjysG3aPRzJY0QYqG00I

• Members
On 2/12/2022 at 3:24 PM, Salyan said:

In Edmonton now, it is illegal to honk your horn during a convoy, and the police have begun to ticket those flying flags from their vehicles - which are a LOT of vehicles (never seen Canadians be so patriotic!). They are tactics to try to stop the protests. 

4BE757A8-9C8C-4E7F-ACC3-8FCBB219BA1A.jpeg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves."

• 4 weeks later...