• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why are people not applying for work…

• Members

There's also situations like this, where this man in Florida applied to 60 entry level jobs and got only one interview. 

https://www.wptv.com/news/national/florida-man-goes-viral-after-applying-to-60-entry-level-jobs-getting-1-interview

As he said in the article: “It’s not that nobody wants to work. It’s that nobody wants to work for slave wages anymore,"

___

If people are getting paid more on unemployment than they would at a job, why would they want to work? If people are out there applying for jobs left and right with no interviews, then what are their options? 

• Members
39 minutes ago, Razor said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/20/6-reasons-why-americans-arent-returning-to-work.html

1. COVID
  2. Early Retirements
  3. Care Responsibilities
  4. Savings
  5. Wages
  6. Expectations

Only two or three of these are really valid reasons NOT to be seeking employment. Then COVID, only if and when they had it or had long term effect from having it.

5 hours ago, Rebecca said:

There's also situations like this, where this man in Florida applied to 60 entry level jobs and got only one interview. 

https://www.wptv.com/news/national/florida-man-goes-viral-after-applying-to-60-entry-level-jobs-getting-1-interview

As he said in the article: “It’s not that nobody wants to work. It’s that nobody wants to work for slave wages anymore,"

___

If people are getting paid more on unemployment than they would at a job, why would they want to work? If people are out there applying for jobs left and right with no interviews, then what are their options? 

It just shows a lack of integrity if they WANT to stay on unemployment instead of working. Wages LOWER than unemployment still give one points towards their SS retirement, and also can end up providing more in the long run, plus most of the time benefits, ie, insurance, 401K, etc., at times starting immediately all the way up to 6 months after the start of employment. Many companies are even offering bonuses to start work. 

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members

I'm starting to think these unemployment numbers are rigged maybe to get government subsidies. I know for a fact one place I worked at (a retirement community for rich folks) actually received government assistance for not renting out apartments. The more empty apartments or cottages the more government money. They actually expanded the main facility even though it was only half rented out.

I've applied for many jobs in positions I have years of experience in but continually get rejected. There was one time while I was applying for the job, for the fourth time, the manager was crying he couldn't find drivers. I told him I've applied four times now, I have experience, a clean record and I live just down the road. Nope. Not good enough for the cry baby I guess. Another time I told the employer I would work any day at any time but that was not good enough either.