• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Islam’s churches reaching out…

• Members

I notice that the islamic churches are reaching out to the community and growing here in Florida. They are handling out boxes of food, and more to help. This is a smart move on their part. How can we get them to accept us, the American. Convert one at a time…

Islam Muslim GIF by Refinery29

• Members

Not to be derogatory, first their "churches" are referred to as Mosques or Islamic Centers...at least they are in most places I've been. I know that they are here in Murfreesboro and Nashville, TN. Yes, they DO offer food boxes, but try being a Christian and going to get a food box from them. Here, it's not going to happen. They won't give them to Christians. They tell Christians that the churches are responsible for Christians and that they should go to Catholic Social Services or a local church. At least they're kind enough to do that. 

As far as "converting" them to Christianity, all we can do is plant the seed. That's what they're trying to do with their actions of distributing food boxes and helping  in communities. Many Christians won't get involved in their communities and the Muslims know this. 

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Not to be derogatory, first their "churches" are referred to as Mosques or Islamic Centers...at least they are in most places I've been. I know that they are here in Murfreesboro and Nashville, TN. Yes, they DO offer food boxes, but try being a Christian and going to get a food box from them. Here, it's not going to happen. They won't give them to Christians. They tell Christians that the churches are responsible for Christians and that they should go to Catholic Social Services or a local church. At least they're kind enough to do that. 

As far as "converting" them to Christianity, all we can do is plant the seed. That's what they're trying to do with their actions of distributing food boxes and helping  in communities. Many Christians won't get involved in their communities and the Muslims know this. 

Around here Central Florida, they are giving out to anyone. Just drive up and open your trunk to your car. A box and a smile, I am not going to cell out, but they are also opening to sports to reach the teens, soccer. Private school s are next. They are rapidly growing and will take over, like they did to France, the Country. There are areas in France, that they can’t enter the French, their own land. Sad, to see this. We can learn by their mistakes, but we don’t.

There is a difference in being kind and helping with interests. The problem is, how can we become the more.

Edited by E Morales

• Members
56 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Around here Central Florida, they are giving out to anyone. Just drive up and open your trunk to your car. A box and a smile, I am not going to cell out, but they are also opening to sports to reach the teens, soccer. Private school s are next. They are rapidly growing and will take over, like they did to France, the Country. There are areas in France, that they can’t enter the French, their own land. Sad, to see this. We can learn by their mistakes, but we don’t.

They haven't been welcomed so easily here. In the early 2000s when they were trying to build the Islamic Center in Murfreesboro, one of my former pastors was in the lead on protesting their right to do so. Many joined in. Questions like "what do they need with 1000 acres?" and "Why are there so many guns and the secrecy surrounding that place?" Many thought and still think there is a terrorist training camp there. One reason is because an ALLEGED terrorist of Arab desent was arrested at the Shelbyville airport. He was taking flight training. 

Sad to say, MTSU has a large recruitment drive by the Muslims, and the University seems to be allowing antisemetic activity. Try that against a Muslim these days. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

They haven't been welcomed so easily here. In the early 2000s when they were trying to build the Islamic Center in Murfreesboro, one of my former pastors was in the lead on protesting their right to do so. Many joined in. Questions like "what do they need with 1000 acres?" and "Why are there so many guns and the secrecy surrounding that place?" Many thought and still think there is a terrorist training camp there. One reason is because an ALLEGED terrorist of Arab desent was arrested at the Shelbyville airport. He was taking flight training. 

Sad to say, MTSU has a large recruitment drive by the Muslims, and the University seems to be allowing antisemetic activity. Try that against a Muslim these days. 

They have a  very long visions, and are very patient, just like China, slowly buying us out. They love nonbelievers 

• Members
8 hours ago, SureWord said:

Once they become politically powerful the boxes of food go away and the chopping blocks come out.

I remember seeing one time on their street bulletin or sign, that said, Jesus is peace…  This is a good way to attract Christians. They took it down later, not sure why.

• Members

For information only.

Muslims don’t believe Jesus was the son of God, but they do revere him as a holy prophet.

Six things Muslims believe about Jesus:

1.     Jesus, Mary, and the angel Gabriel are all prominent characters in the Qur’an (as are Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and a bunch of other Bible characters).

2.     Muslims believe that Jesus (called “Isa” in Arabic) was a prophet of God and was born to a virgin (Mary). They also believe he will return to Earth before the Day of Judgment to restore justice and defeat al-Masih ad-Dajjal, or “the false messiah” — also known as the Antichrist. All of this may sound pretty familiar to many Christians.

3.     Mary (called “Maryam” in Arabic) has an entire chapter in the Qur’an named for her — the only chapter in the Qur’an named for a female figure. In fact, Mary is the only woman to be mentioned by name in the entire Qur’an. As noted in the Study Quran, “other female figures are identified only by their relation to others, such as the wife of Adam and the mother of Moses, or by their title, such as the Queen of Sheba.” Mary is mentioned more times in the Qur’an than in the entire New Testament of the Bible.

4.     Just as they do with all the other prophets, including Mohammed, devout Muslims recite “peace be upon him” after every time they refer to Jesus by name.

5.     Muslims believe that Jesus performed miracles: The Qur’an discusses several of Jesus’s miracles, including giving sight to the blind, healing lepers, raising the dead, and breathing life into clay birds.

6.     The story of Jesus’s birth as told in the Qur’an is also the story of his first miracle, when he spoke as an infant in the cradle and declared himself to be a prophet of God. Here’s the story.

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/18/10660648/jesus-in-islam-muslims-believe-christmas-quran

• Members
On 1/30/2022 at 4:09 PM, E Morales said:

I notice that the islamic churches are reaching out to the community and growing here in Florida. They are handling out boxes of food, and more to help. This is a smart move on their part. How can we get them to accept us, the American. Convert one at a time…

Islam Muslim GIF by Refinery29

I watch a lot of videos that have to do with Islam, and over the last month one of the main advertisements before the video is asking for donations to turn a former Florida church into a Masjid. I believe there are many misconceptions about Islam here in America but those advertisements truly disturb me as it feels like they enjoy the idea of a church building becoming a place of worship for Muslims.

In Israel the King of Jordan (Who is a direct descendant of Muhammad and part of the Hashemite dynasty that ruled Arabia until Great British helped the House of Saud take over the country) is the custodian of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Greek Orthodox seem to have no problem with it. The Jordanian Kings have never tried to take over the but in fact are supportive and even paid for renovation years ago when it caught on fire.

The relationship between Christians and Muslims varies depending on what school of thought ( or jurisprudence) the local Muslims follow. On one hand you have the hardline "Saudi fundamentalists or Salafis" who believe in conquering and converting. Then you have men like Ayatollah Sistani in Iraq who is extremely powerful but desires peace and is well known for his thoughtful approach to Islam and it's relationship with other religions.

It bothers me to see Muslims turning churches into places of worship, but what bothers me more is the loss of faith in Christ here in America resulting in these building being available for sell. 

• Members
5 hours ago, Razor said:

6.     The story of Jesus’s birth as told in the Qur’an is also the story of his first miracle, when he spoke as an infant in the cradle and declared himself to be a prophet of God. Here’s the story.

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/18/10660648/jesus-in-islam-muslims-believe-christmas-quran

Yeah the Quran also mentions Jesus forming a bird out clay and making it come to life by blowing in it's nostril. Muhammad seems to be getting his information from the Gnostic Gospel of Mary.

I was watching a video just the other day of a Rabbi and his family converting to Islam. When the Imam gave them the microphone to say the profession of faith he also had them bear witness in Arabic acknowledging the prophethood of Jesus (Isa). I assume the Imam purposely had them acknowledge Jesus since as Jews they had rejected him altogether.

• Members
8 hours ago, Disciple.Luke said:

I watch a lot of videos that have to do with Islam, and over the last month one of the main advertisements before the video is asking for donations to turn a former Florida church into a Masjid. I believe there are many misconceptions about Islam here in America but those advertisements truly disturb me as it feels like they enjoy the idea of a church building becoming a place of worship for Muslims.

In Israel the King of Jordan (Who is a direct descendant of Muhammad and part of the Hashemite dynasty that ruled Arabia until Great British helped the House of Saud take over the country) is the custodian of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Greek Orthodox seem to have no problem with it. The Jordanian Kings have never tried to take over the but in fact are supportive and even paid for renovation years ago when it caught on fire.

The relationship between Christians and Muslims varies depending on what school of thought ( or jurisprudence) the local Muslims follow. On one hand you have the hardline "Saudi fundamentalists or Salafis" who believe in conquering and converting. Then you have men like Ayatollah Sistani in Iraq who is extremely powerful but desires peace and is well known for his thoughtful approach to Islam and it's relationship with other religions.

It bothers me to see Muslims turning churches into places of worship, but what bothers me more is the loss of faith in Christ here in America resulting in these building being available for sell. 

This is the price we will pay for, becoming a liberal Country. Visiting Europe a few years ago, these old Christian churches, have become museums for sale. These Christian churches that hold 1000 people, might have under 100 during a church service. Sad