• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sat 57 high 37 low

• Members

Oh my heart goes out to you two. Your suffering must be great indeed. ?

Here it is a balmy 14 degrees and snowing.  The older I get the more I am of the mind expressed by Rebecca: "can't stand the cold"; Which is one of the reasons we are currently in the process of moving to Tennessee. Chattanooga is much more temperate than Western NY; both in temperature and in politics.

• Members

Ah, Tennessee! Chattanooga, no less! I'm in the Murfreesboro area! We've been here since 1995. My wife is from Augusta, GA, and I was raised in Illinois, which is where we moved from in 1995. We had moved there from Minnesota where we had lived for a year. Neither my wife nor I can handle the cold any longer. Yet, this winter has been a killer. We've had snow and ice this year, and then we've had 70 degree temps. Yesterday was in the 50s, and today is in the 30s. I can handle the bouncing back and forth better than straight cold!  Hope you enjoy Tennessee as much as we do! 

• Members
14 minutes ago, Napsterdad said:

Thanks. My oldest is in Ooltewah so we've spent a good amount of time in that area. We love it! We're looking at Cleveland, to be specific, right now. Murfreesboro? Do you have anything to do with the Sword of the Lord?

No, I surely don't. But, I used to live less than 1000 yards from the Sword! I knew any of the people that were associated with it, but most of them have passed now. We lived on Battle Avenue, just around the corner from the Sword of the Lord for nearly three years. Cleveland is a beautiful area! We thought about moving to Chattanooga if my wife is approved for disability, but we REALLY want to go back to Augusta, GA or right across the river in N. Augusta, SC after being away from home for thirty plus years.

• Members
53 minutes ago, Napsterdad said:

We considered NW Georgia but I am getting close to retirement and Tennessee does not tax retirement, Georgia does.

You're right! That's also true of SC....That's one reason we would probably choose SC over GA...My sister lives in Augusta, and Vivian's cousins, as well as mine, lives in Augusta as well. But, we have just as many relatives in SC now. Most got tired of the taxation, excessive use of mandates, etc., and moved across the river to N. Augusta, SC. We love it there!

• Administrators
22 hours ago, E Morales said:

It haven’t gotten this cold in a long time, here in Central Florida.

Climate Change 

Freezing Let It Snow GIF by Mostapes

But "supposed" climate change models predict a warming trend, not colder. I remember back when I was just a kid living in Jacksonville Beach. That winter dropped off real cold. It made an impression because I remember people not having their cars prepared for winter conditions that far south. They were all replacing their radiator contents, which was just water, with anti-freeze.

• Members
23 hours ago, E Morales said:

It haven’t gotten this cold in a long time, here in Central Florida.

Climate Change 

Freezing Let It Snow GIF by Mostapes

Snowfall blankets all 50 states (nbc15.com)

Cold Snap Threatens Florida’s Citrus Crop – CBS Miami (cbslocal.com)

Edited by 1Timothy115
https://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/01/03/cold-snap-threatening-floridas-citrus-crop/