• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Last Years

• Members
“I counted my years and found that I have less time to live from here on than I have lived up to now.

I feel like that child who won a packet of sweets: he ate the first with pleasure, but when he realized that there were few left, he began to enjoy them intensely.

I no longer have time for endless meetings where statutes, rules, procedures and internal regulations are discussed, knowing that nothing will be achieved.

I no longer have time to support the absurd people who, despite their chronological age, haven't grown up.

My time is too short: I want the essence, my soul is in a hurry. I don't have many sweets in the package anymore.

I want to live next to human people, very human, who know how to laugh at their mistakes and who are not inflated by their triumphs and who take on their
responsibilities. Thus human dignity is defended and we move towards truth and honesty. It is the essential that makes life worth living.

I want to surround myself with people who know how to touch hearts, people who have been taught by the hard blows of life to grow with gentle touches of the soul.

Yes, I'm in a hurry, I'm in a hurry to live with the intensity that only maturity can give.

I don't intend to waste any of the leftover sweets. I am sure they will be delicious, much more than what I have eaten so far.

My goal is to reach the end satisfied and at peace with my loved ones and my conscience.

We have two lives and the second begins when you realize you only have one. "

Beautiful words of wisdom by Mario de Andrade.

Edited by Razor

• Administrators

His point is himself, as he made very clear.

I don't care to dwell on things of this nature, or even read them. The man is a Hindi spouting "feel good" philosophy. And you posting it on an Independent Baptist message forum is not appreciated by me.

I, and others like me, are here to fellowship with like minded believers of Jesus Christ; as such we don't appreciate being subjected to false religionists, or their false religion.

• Members
3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

His point is himself, as he made very clear.

I don't care to dwell on things of this nature, or even read them. The man is a Hindi spouting "feel good" philosophy. And you posting it on an Independent Baptist message forum is not appreciated by me.

I, and others like me, are here to fellowship with like minded believers of Jesus Christ; as such we don't appreciate being subjected to false religionists, or their false religion.

The reader might be Hindu, though I don't know. 

The poet was Brazilian. 

Edited by Razor

• Members

"My goal is to reach the end satisfied and at peace with my loved ones and my conscience".

That sentence alone sounds like someone who is trying to earn a better afterlife through good works by loving his family and having a good "conscience". He's trying to obtain what only can Christ can give us.

• Members

He's not living life with after life in mind but rather the end of life.....The poem is about a modern atheist who wants to get the most for himself before he ends. The only "nice thing" about him is that he wants to do it without hurting or offending those around him while doing it.

Edited by John Young