• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How hard is it for a rich person to get saved

• Members

The church, is going to just want my money. Can this be true, yes and no. If you’re visiting a Scientology church well, yes they want your riches, but if you’re visiting a true Bible preaching church, they are happy just to see you come, to Christ for salvation. Even if they don’t never see you again, on this earth.

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

• Members
21 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Matt 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Pastor Matt you should have continued your post to include the complete context:

When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

- Mat 19:25-26

Being rich is very subjective. According to the 2018 Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse Research Institute, a net worth of $93,170 would make you richer than 90% of the global population. If your assets are just a meager $4,210 you are still more rich than 50% of your global peers.  

Based on this report I think most people on this board would qualify as amongst the world’s top 10%, and most certainly in the top 50%; yet I would hope most here are saved.

Isn’t it a blessing that “with God all things are possible”?

The Bible also tells us in 1Ti 6:9-10 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

The riches themselves are just stuff when it comes down to it, much like cars, sports, computer games and even surfing the internet (or social media like forums). It is the love of riches, or anything else placed positionally above God that hinders our desire to be saved. Unfortunately the idea of being rich does have a very strong draw (Hence MT 19:24). But as stated above:

With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

God is good.

Edited by Napsterdad

• Members
1 hour ago, Razor said:

Here is a link where you can check if you are rich using the world standard.

https://howrichami.givingwhatwecan.org/how-rich-am-i

I have seen this before, but I have to say, you've finally posted something that is basically correct if you're going by the worlds standards! Great job! ? Now, can we actually accept the fact that all of it is GOD's anyhow? He is the one who makes us rich, not monetary standards. God is more interested in our how our spirits connect with his. Remember the widow who cast in all that she had. She gave it ALL to God, realizing that it's all God's anyhow. God provides, not our income itself. 

Edited by BrotherTony

On 1/24/2022 at 8:29 PM, BrotherTony said:

I have seen this before, but I have to say, you've finally posted something that is basically correct if you're going by the worlds standards! Great job! ? Now, can we actually accept the fact that all of it is GOD's anyhow? He is the one who makes us rich, not monetary standards. God is more interested in our how our spirits connect with his. Remember the widow who cast in all that she had. She gave it ALL to God, realizing that it's all God's anyhow. God provides, not our income itself. 

How many times is Jesus asked what people should do be saved?  Im not sure, but Jesus is very confident in his answer (that any genuine follower should repeat):

Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

I follow the Bible, not man. It is clear 

• Members
On 1/25/2022 at 5:50 PM, Guest Mark C said:

How many times is Jesus asked what people should do be saved?  Im not sure, but Jesus is very confident in his answer (that any genuine follower should repeat):

Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

I follow the Bible, not man. It is clear 

He gave the man a choice. Period.