• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Biden and his Presidency At One Year

• Members

Mr. Biden has ALWAYS had a problem with accepting responsibility for his failings, and his term as POTUS so far has been NO DIFFERENT.  He's distrusted, stubborn, RADICAL, and wholly incompetent!

https://amac.us/biden-at-year-one-stubborn-distrusted-radical-incompetent-and-mean/?campaign=daily-news-email

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members

There was an interesting article on the BBC website this week about how the USA was now 'ungovernable'. (I know people have strong opinions on reliability of certain sites, but I choose to judge each article on its merits.)

The factions do indeed - to an outsider - seem irreconcilable. I am glad that this has not resulted in the violence that manifested itself in Northern Ireland, but I wonder what lessons could be learned from that province where two 'irreconcilable' communities have learned to live in a semblance of peace? An awful lot of grace and forgiveness on both sides, that's for sure. And difficult, sometimes brutal conversations 

• Members
8 hours ago, Mark C said:

There was an interesting article on the BBC website this week about how the USA was now 'ungovernable'. (I know people have strong opinions on reliability of certain sites, but I choose to judge each article on its merits.)

The factions do indeed - to an outsider - seem irreconcilable. I am glad that this has not resulted in the violence that manifested itself in Northern Ireland, but I wonder what lessons could be learned from that province where two 'irreconcilable' communities have learned to live in a semblance of peace? An awful lot of grace and forgiveness on both sides, that's for sure. And difficult, sometimes brutal conversations 

The BBC really means millions in the USA will not submit to greedy and wicked authoritarianism like they have traditionally done in the UK.

• Members

I am not sure this was directly what they meant. I think the article was more about how on political and cultural issues the two sides are so far apart that governing them as "one nation" (as your constitution repeats) looked impossible. 

Its amazing how often (always?!) great powers can resist almost any external threat, but seem to tear themselves apart. 

• Members
31 minutes ago, Mark C said:

I am not sure this was directly what they meant. I think the article was more about how on political and cultural issues the two sides are so far apart that governing them as "one nation" (as your constitution repeats) looked impossible. 

Its amazing how often (always?!) great powers can resist almost any external threat, but seem to tear themselves apart. 

Directly or indirectly...doesn't matter. Biden/Harris are dismal failures.

• Members
31 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

He gives me the creeps, and comments he's made to children has been grossly inappropriate.

Like every president in my lifetime, I pray daily for him. 

FB_IMG_1641687318390.jpg

I pray for him as well...and I also pray for his removal. This country can't stand another three years of his incompetence. Love this meme! I used it not to long ago! 

• Members

As an outsider what is really interesting is how evangelicals have 'picked a side'.

In the uk and Europe sites like this one are studied - until about 3 years ago they were full of Bible, and theology etc. That's simply disappeared as sites like Online Baptist have become political hotbeds.

I would naturally fall on the republican side, but the obsessive and conspiratorial nature of evangelicals is odd to look at (from outside in!). 

In the uk and Europe you can still have political freedom whatever your religion. It's like the pilgrim fathers went the other way!!

• Members
13 minutes ago, Mark C said:

As an outsider what is really interesting is how evangelicals have 'picked a side'.

In the uk and Europe sites like this one are studied - until about 3 years ago they were full of Bible, and theology etc. That's simply disappeared as sites like Online Baptist have become political hotbeds.

I would naturally fall on the republican side, but the obsessive and conspiratorial nature of evangelicals is odd to look at (from outside in!). 

In the uk and Europe you can still have political freedom whatever your religion. It's like the pilgrim fathers went the other way!!

And I'm glad they did. Would hate to be like those in the UK, Europe, etc. They don't seem to stand for much from what I've seen from many I know over there.

• Members

But that's like saying I can judge USA on the Catholics, or democrats. They don't stand for much! Europe has lots of different people in, like myself who's a Bible believer. Solidly so! It's this 'all or nothing' that conservative shave latched onto recently...very odd. Nothing like our heritage!

The difference is how angry folk are. The rage on this site is unchecked, and nothing like it was 4 years ago. I'm a conservative and so see lurches one way or the other as to be a bit suspect. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I pray for him as well...and I also pray for his removal. This country can't stand another three years of his incompetence. Love this meme! I used it not to long ago! 

Looks like you were down voted for praying for our president. 

Ps 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

12 minutes ago, Mark C said:

The difference is how angry folk are. The rage on this site is unchecked,

What rage my friend?

• Members
1 minute ago, PastorMatt said:

Ps 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

Yep..I don't worry much about the "razor." Seems like he's just here to incite...so I took him off block just like I did Bill before he disappeared. Yet, this poster seems to have all Bill's qualities, or lack of thereof! ? Glad to know I'm still doing my job! LOL 

• Members
20 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

What rage my friend?

Oh come on!! This site is marked by absolute, uncontrolled rage! Nobody who posts on here regularly could dispute that?

I've followed this site for then years, and in the last three 'fundamental Baptist's' have become the same as 'trumpist-republicans'. It's odd to watch in slow time (the worlds press reports in it but people In the bubble don't seem conscious of it).

Christian doesn't equal republican!! 
Evangeilical doesn't equal trump!

Its almost funny watching from Europe as you guys tie yourselves knots. Just stop, and look to the Bible rather than your wierd culture ?

• Members
56 minutes ago, Mark C said:

Oh come on!! This site is marked by absolute, uncontrolled rage! Nobody who posts on here regularly could dispute that?

I've followed this site for then years, and in the last three 'fundamental Baptist's' have become the same as 'trumpist-republicans'. It's odd to watch in slow time (the worlds press reports in it but people In the bubble don't seem conscious of it).

Christian doesn't equal republican!! 
Evangeilical doesn't equal trump!

Its almost funny watching from Europe as you guys tie yourselves knots. Just stop, and look to the Bible rather than your wierd culture ?

If you feel that way, and from your "rage" showing just now...why don't you just find a site in Europe to post on...just a suggestion since you're so unhappy here. I can tell you I don't particularly give a rip about what the Europeans think of us here in the USA...we don't mess in your stuff...try practicing that for a while...Direct enough for you?