• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Neil Gorsuch defied a request from Chief Justice John Roberts to wear a mask out of respect for Sonia Sotomayor, a report says

• Members

I do not understand people, like Neil Gorsuch, who will knowingly put other people's lives at risk when a very simply act could give them protection. Liberal, conservative, or otherwise, this is not right. He was raised Catholic but now worships with his wife and two daughters at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Boulder, Colorado, but this action is not Christian. To me this has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with what is right and on this he is wrong.

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor has diabetes, elevating her risk for serious illness or death should she contract Covid-19. Sotomayor said recently that she doesn’t feel comfortable sitting next to unmasked justices as the highly transmissible Omicron variant surges, so Chief Justice John Roberts asked the court to wear masks.

Justice Neil Gorsuch, who sits directly next to Sotomayor on the bench, refused to do so, pushing Sotomayor to do her job remotely when the court reconvened this month.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/neil-gorsuch-stands-endanger-sonia-165444722.html

Even when the Chief Justice ask all the SC judges to wear a mask, all did except Gorsuch. 

https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/neil-gorsuch-reportedly-defied-a-request-from-chief-justice-john-roberts-to-wear-a-mask-out-of-respect-for-sonia-sotomayor/articleshow/88979746.cms

• Members
25 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Doesn't this post belong in the Covid thread? I can only see the headline, but still..

Well, perhaps, but this seemed more news as it is about the lack of care of one person for another. It does not matter what disease we are talking about. It could be any communicable disease. If Gorsuch is not concerned about her health, why would I believe he cares about yours or mine. COVID is incidental to this particular topic in my mind. It is about a man with great power having no concern for his fellow workers or you and me and everyone. If asked, outside a nomination hearing before Congress, I believe Gorsuch would say he was pro-life. IMHO this action shows he is not pro-life after birth. He is defending his right to put another person's life at risk. 

Edited by Razor

• Moderators

I literally just told you to keep Covid topics in the main thread, Razor. 

The lock is for defying site rules. But seriously… you think this is news worthy? Wearing masks does not contain the spread of anything (because aerosols), so it is not dangerous to not wear them. In fact, wearing them exposes the wearer to hazardous levels of CO2. This blind dependence on masking is ridiculous and dangerous… the Justice cannot expect others to put themselves at actual risk to calm her irrational fears. It is poor behavior in someone at that level. His rights do not end where her fear begins.