• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Covid Thread (Covid topics are merged in here)

• Members

Update:

I was having problems getting winded doing any exertion. My lungs are clear. The doctor said they sounded fantastic but sent me for a CT scan and it turns out I have scarring in my lungs from the Fauci virus. Apparently, it doesn't block the airflow but my heart has to pump harder to get it flowing.

Not sure what the next step will be.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I saw one of them a few days ago..They said it was preliminary....but I thought it was false from the beginning. 

New York hospitals revealed on Friday that 42% of COVID patients were admitted for other reasons, and tested positive for the virus only incidentally

• Members
7 hours ago, SureWord said:

Update:

I was having problems getting winded doing any exertion. My lungs are clear. The doctor said they sounded fantastic but sent me for a CT scan and it turns out I have scarring in my lungs from the Fauci virus. Apparently, it doesn't block the airflow but my heart has to pump harder to get it flowing.

Not sure what the next step will be.

This is the same challenge I now face. It makes the COPD and asthma worse, so I'm having to use my emergency inhaler a lot more often. I may have to go back onto my breathing treatments. I surely don't look forward to that.

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

This is the same challenge I now face. It makes the COPD and asthma worse, so I'm having to use my emergency inhaler a lot more often. I may have to go back onto my breathing treatments. I surely don't look forward to that.

Actually, what I have is "groundglass opacity" on the peripheral of my lungs. It apparently can either go away in three months or become scar tissue or turn into cancer. Hopefully I can find out soon what I'm to do. I'm supposed to go back to work on Tuesday but honestly I don't think I can. Anything beyond walking and really light carrying has me sucking wind and my heart pounding like a locomotive.

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I sure hope you feel better soon.

Edited by SureWord

• Members
52 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Actually, what I have is "groundglass opacity" on the peripheral of my lungs. It apparently can either go away in three months or become scar tissue or turn into cancer. Hopefully I can find out soon what I'm to do. I'm supposed to go back to work on Tuesday but honestly I don't think I can. Anything beyond walking and really light carrying has me sucking wind and my heart pounding like a locomotive.

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I sure hope you feel better soon.

Thank you...I pray the same for you. It's not been easy, and I've been unable since August to do many of the things I used to do. I've only been out of my home eight times since then to go to the doctor, to ride to the store with my wife so she can get doctors..I can't go in. I can't walk long enough to get through a shopping trip' and then to take the dog out for bathroom breaks. I don't enjoy feeling like a prisoner...but I will do as I must until I either recover fully or know I can't. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

For all I know I may have some strain or variation now. By God's grace, thankfully, I have not had flu like symptoms since December of 2019. So, I count the J&J I took in July of this past year as my "boosted". Can I emoji a smile now? 

My wife and usually got the flu at least one time every year, but that hasn't been the case since the VID virus showed up. Sorry to hear you are being hit with the VID virus...my wife and I were hit for the second time last year in August/Sept. Or are you saying you might have the flu. Either way...I'm praying for you. 

• Members
6 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

My wife and usually got the flu at least one time every year, but that hasn't been the case since the VID virus showed up. Sorry to hear you are being hit with the VID virus...my wife and I were hit for the second time last year in August/Sept. Or are you saying you might have the flu. Either way...I'm praying for you. 

6 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

For all I know I may have some strain or variation now. By God's grace, thankfully, I have not had flu like symptoms since December of 2019. So, I count the J&J I took in July of this past year as my "boosted". Can I emoji a smile now? 

Bro. Tony, I'm sorry I mislead you I have NO virus. I have had no virus I'm aware of since December of 2019. According to everything I've read, the latest variations may not be detected by an infected person. That is why I say, "I may have some strain or variation now". It appears to me the laboratory virus (covid) is beginning to show signs of death from population gained immunity or herd immunity. 

• Members
1 hour ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Bro. Tony, I'm sorry I mislead you I have NO virus. I have had no virus I'm aware of since December of 2019. According to everything I've read, the latest variations may not be detected by an infected person. That is why I say, "I may have some strain or variation now". It appears to me the laboratory virus (covid) is beginning to show signs of death from population gained immunity or herd immunity. 

I see, Brother! Thanks for the clarification. I guess I misunderstood your post. I hope you don't get this nasty VID virus. For my wife, it was quite an easy experience....for me...well, it about killed me the second time, and I'm still trying to recover. Heart and kidney challenges have come from it. It exaserbated my COPD/asthma, and bilateral Meniere's disease. I finally, for the first time in nearly five months, was able to attend our church services this morning. It wasn't an easy thing, and I had to sit during the music portion of the worship service...But, I was thankful to be there!

• Members

Deltacron--a new variant.

Researchers at the University of Cyprus recently identified 25 cases of what they’re calling “deltacron”

A new combination strain of the delta and omicron variants of COVID-19 was recently discovered in the Middle East, Bloomberg News reported Saturday.

A team of researchers at the University of Cyprus in the island country Cyprus has identified 25 cases of what they’re calling “deltacron,” the outlet said referencing Leondios Kostrikis who heads the school’s Laboratory of Biotechnology and Molecular Virology.

Kostrikis, a biological sciences professor, described deltacron as having omicron-like genetic signatures within its delta genomes.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/researchers-discover-covid-19-strain-135217813.html

• Members
6 minutes ago, Razor said:

Researchers at the University of Cyprus recently identified 25 cases of what they’re calling “deltacron”

A new combination strain of the delta and omicron variants of COVID-19 was recently discovered in the Middle East, Bloomberg News reported Saturday.

A team of researchers at the University of Cyprus in the island country Cyprus has identified 25 cases of what they’re calling “deltacron,” the outlet said referencing Leondios Kostrikis who heads the school’s Laboratory of Biotechnology and Molecular Virology.

Kostrikis, a biological sciences professor, described deltacron as having omicron-like genetic signatures within its delta genomes.

More left wing tripe...the "variants" are coming out of the woodwork now! Of course they are...it's time for the mid-term campaigning season to begin, and the Democrats are running scared! They need to try and stir things up...so they'll use the TERROR tactic to their advantage. Omicron, Ihu, flurona, and now this "deltacron" in just six to eight weeks? Unbelievable that people are still falling for the dung!

• Members
Just now, BrotherTony said:

More left wing tripe...the "variants" are coming out of the woodwork now! Of course they are...it's time for the mid-term campaigning season to begin, and the Democrats are running scared! They need to try and stir things up...so they'll use the TERROR tactic to their advantage. Omicron, Ihu, flurona, and now this "deltacron" in just six to eight weeks? Unbelievable that people are still falling for the dung!

I seriously doubt the University of Cyprus cares a whit about out midterm elections. Do you know where Cyprus is?

Deltacron infection is higher among patients hospitalized for COVID-19 than among non-hospitalized patients, so that rules out the contamination hypothesis, said Kostrikis, a professor of biological sciences at the University of Cyprus and head of the Laboratory of Biotechnology and Molecular Virology.

What’s more, the samples were processed in multiple sequencing procedures in more than one country. And at least one sequence from Israel deposited in a global database exhibits genetic characteristics of deltacron, he said.

• Members
42 minutes ago, Razor said:

I seriously doubt the University of Cyprus cares a whit about out midterm elections. Do you know where Cyprus is?

Deltacron infection is higher among patients hospitalized for COVID-19 than among non-hospitalized patients, so that rules out the contamination hypothesis, said Kostrikis, a professor of biological sciences at the University of Cyprus and head of the Laboratory of Biotechnology and Molecular Virology.

What’s more, the samples were processed in multiple sequencing procedures in more than one country. And at least one sequence from Israel deposited in a global database exhibits genetic characteristics of deltacron, he said.

Cyprus USA, that was funny.

• Members
44 minutes ago, Razor said:

I'm well aware of where Cyprus is since my ancestry has several from that island. The point is that since this TRIPE is out there, and with people like YOU to help promote the fear, the Democrats are going to try and use it in this country to stir up fear. "You know it. I know it. Even Yellow Dog knows it." (from the movie "Funny Farm") Thanks for the laugh anyhow, Bill.

4 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Cyprus USA, that was funny.

You're "funny." ?

• Members
1 hour ago, Razor said:

The Newsweek report on this states that many believe this to be a contaminated test result of one of the other variants. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/what-is-deltacron-scientist-says-covid-discovery-is-new-strain/ar-AASB0nA?ocid=chromentpnews