Online Baptist Community

Covid Thread (Covid topics are merged in here)

SureWord

• Administrators

In that video he keeps talking about a "blockade". I thought it was a simple convoy, why is he calling it a blockade? He also says it is "illegal" many many times, what is illegal about a convoy? He also said it was taking over neighborhoods....what?????

• Members
3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

In that video he keeps talking about a "blockade". I thought it was a simple convoy, why is he calling it a blockade? He also says it is "illegal" many many times, what is illegal about a convoy? He also said it was taking over neighborhoods....what?????

Convoys are illegal but so is just about everything these days except immorality.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I’m not sure which video are you watching, but the convoy to Ottawa stayed there. They’re parked in the downtown core, and several parking lots around the city they were directed into. There is also a blockade at the Coutts border crossing, as well as at the ambassador bridge in Windsor. So it’s both. Nothing illegal about the downtown blockade… the border ones may be a wee bit. But the government Still. Refuses. To. Dialogue. 

• Members

The blockade is affecting my wife's employment, as she handles (lead person) loading trucks and preparing orders and accepting orders to and from Canada. Yesterday they had to put a hold on several orders, and they'll leave them that way until this situation is settled. It could mean that my wife and at least six others are layed off until this thing is over. Though we support these truckers, and would support the same here in this country, it DOES affect people's lives. The truckers may end up cutting off their noses to spite their faces if they carry this on too long.

• Members
2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

The blockade is affecting my wife's employment, as she handles (lead person) loading trucks and preparing orders and accepting orders to and from Canada. Yesterday they had to put a hold on several orders, and they'll leave them that way until this situation is settled. It could mean that my wife and at least six others are layed off until this thing is over. Though we support these truckers, and would support the same here in this country, it DOES affect people's lives. The truckers may end up cutting off their noses to spite their faces if they carry this on too long.

Unintended consequences. 

9 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Here comes the "negative".

Oh, I think it is quite a positive statement about the Canadian women. I cannot imagine playing ice hockey wearing a mask, especially at that level of play. Those are touch ladies. 

• Independent Fundamental Baptist
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Here comes the "negative".

Russian hockey stars ‘found it difficult to breathe’ in masks during Olympic fiasco

LINK To Article (Don't take everything the libs tell you without fact checking them.)

hockeypuck.jpg

Edited by 1Timothy115
added text

• Members
1 hour ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Russian hockey stars ‘found it difficult to breathe’ in masks during Olympic fiasco

LINK To Article (Don't take everything the libs tell you without fact checking them.)

hockeypuck.jpg

Perhaps the Russians need better masks and better training. The Canadians seemed to do well while wearing the masks. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. 

Did you notice that Russians played without masks much of the game and still were blown out? The Canadian women wore masks the entire game. 

Edited by Razor

• Members
1 hour ago, 1Timothy115 said:

hockeypuck.jpg

Unbelievable.

I can honestly say I haven't watched 1 second of the Genolympics.

1 minute ago, Razor said:

Perhaps the Russians need better masks and better training. The Canadians seemed to do well while wearing the masks. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. 

So you mean "better masks they can breathe through"? 

That would mean the virus could easily pass through the mask.

Bill, haven't you learn anything yet?

• Members
18 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Unbelievable.

I can honestly say I haven't watched 1 second of the Genolympics.

So you mean "better masks they can breathe through"? 

That would mean the virus could easily pass through the mask.

Bill, haven't you learn anything yet?

Oh, I am sure the masks were quite good. In face, I bet the Chinese made both teams use their, the Chinese, approved masks. Are you sad the Russians lost. Aren't you proud of the Canadian women? 

42 minutes ago, Razor said:

Oh, I am sure the masks were quite good. In face, I bet the Chinese made both teams use their, the Chinese, approved masks. Are you sad the Russians lost. Aren't you proud of the Canadian women? 

I'm not Canadian, no I don't have any pride in their win. For all you know the Russians practiced without masks and probably (because of Falsedeau), Canada's PM, the Canadians did practice with masks. How you practice does make a difference in how you perform. Of course, you could always go fact check that, with something a little more reliable that a democrat web site.

• Members
12 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

I'm not Canadian, no I don't have any pride in their win. For all you know the Russians practiced without masks and probably (because of Falsedeau), Canada's PM, the Canadians did practice with masks. How you practice does make a difference in how you perform. Of course, you could always go fact check that, with something a little more reliable that a democrat web site.

Well, I'm proud of the Canadians. Their reputation, unlike the Russians, is to play by the rules. 

You should stick with the subject instead of throwing juvenile insults around. It makes you look sophomoric. 

Edited by Razor

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Razor said:

Well, I'm proud of the Canadians. Their reputation, unlike the Russians, is to play by the rules. 

You should stick with the subject instead of throwing juvenile insults around. It makes you look small. 

Lol! So, to return to topic, when the Canadians are fed up enough to start breaking the rules, you know something is really wrong! 😁👍🏻

Since these convoys have started, I have seen more maskless faces in the stores than ever before. And the masking rules are still in place for adults here - we are just finally beginning to stop complying with tyranny. 

• Lady Administrators
1 hour ago, Razor said:

You should stick with the subject instead of throwing juvenile insults around. It makes you look sophomoric. 

Um, YOU didn't stick with the subject with your sophomoric question about Canadian women, now, did you Razor. It appears that the warnings you've received have fallen on deaf ears. As the Bible says, scorners won't listen. So goodbye.

• Lady Administrators
1 hour ago, Salyan said:

Lol! So, to return to topic, when the Canadians are fed up enough to start breaking the rules, you know something is really wrong! 😁👍🏻

Since these convoys have started, I have seen more maskless faces in the stores than ever before. And the masking rules are still in place for adults here - we are just finally beginning to stop complying with tyranny. 

Here in WA, Inslee is being pressured to remove the mask mandate. The "health officer" in our county (she also controls the county where our church is) was the first in the nation to mandate covid passports in order to eat at a restaurant. Both counties...disobedience from the restaurant could bring about hefty fines and/or being closed down - all by unelected bureacrats.

Anyway, 5 of the restaurants in our county sued her. And they settled with compromise on both sides. She has promised to lift the mandate by Mar. 11 IF cases don't go up (and wouldn't you know it, 3 people died "from covid" two days later...). She said the other county may open even sooner. Probably because they like her there. lol

Our birthdays are at the end of this month and hubs wants to take me out. But we have to wait til this nonsense is lifted. Whether or not we got the jab is nobody's business but our own and we won't be showing any papers to enter a business. But we WILL go to one of the restaurants that sued her. 😄

So because blue states are lifting their mask mandates,  our governor is being pressured to do so as well. He is putting it off until the very last second, though. When I go to Walmart, more people are wearing masks. And, honestly, the MORE MASKS I see, the more I know numbers will rise. Because they do.

Elections are coming and the Democrat party knows they are wildly unpopular right now due to this nonsense (no matter what the media might say). AND this Canadian convoy, which has caught on in other countries - including the US - has them scared. So kudos to your truckers, salyan!

Tony, I know this has affected jobs. And it will continue to affect jobs...and supply chains. But supply chains have already been tampered with (someone said their grocery store needs to go grocery shopping). I hate that your wife's job has been affected. But if we can shake up the despotic status quo, in the end it will be worth it.

• Members
10 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

Here in WA, Inslee is being pressured to remove the mask mandate. The "health officer" in our county (she also controls the county where our church is) was the first in the nation to mandate covid passports in order to eat at a restaurant. Both counties...disobedience from the restaurant could bring about hefty fines and/or being closed down - all by unelected bureacrats.

Anyway, 5 of the restaurants in our county sued her. And they settled with compromise on both sides. She has promised to lift the mandate by Mar. 11 IF cases don't go up (and wouldn't you know it, 3 people died "from covid" two days later...). She said the other county may open even sooner. Probably because they like her there. lol

Our birthdays are at the end of this month and hubs wants to take me out. But we have to wait til this nonsense is lifted. Whether or not we got the jab is nobody's business but our own and we won't be showing any papers to enter a business. But we WILL go to one of the restaurants that sued her. 😄

So because blue states are lifting their mask mandates,  our governor is being pressured to do so as well. He is putting it off until the very last second, though. When I go to Walmart, more people are wearing masks. And, honestly, the MORE MASKS I see, the more I know numbers will rise. Because they do.

Elections are coming and the Democrat party knows they are wildly unpopular right now due to this nonsense (no matter what the media might say). AND this Canadian convoy, which has caught on in other countries - including the US - has them scared. So kudos to your truckers, salyan!

Tony, I know this has affected jobs. And it will continue to affect jobs...and supply chains. But supply chains have already been tampered with (someone said their grocery store needs to go grocery shopping). I hate that your wife's job has been affected. But if we can shake up the despotic status quo, in the end it will be worth it.

We're ready to "tough it out" as we have other things we could do for a short time if she were to be laid off for a while. Plus, we know the Lord keeps His promises. We'd like to see it resolved quickly, but know it may not happen. We also, know, however, that in the truckers convoys of the 1970s in Illinois, many of those who supported the convoys, blockades, etc., grew to resent the truckers after several months of being under those conditions. Thankfully, we've prepared to some degree for such a possibility. We've always paid ahead on our utility, car, phone, and other things, and have kept some food stocks and toiletries up. We've also got some portable gas tanks for our camp stove, etc. It's a good thing that my wife grew up with utilities being shut off at times, and learning how to "live off the land". 

No matter what virus risks people think they are facing, it is unhealthy to wear a mask that restricts your breathing while you are exerting yourself through sports or running/jogging, etc. You are breathing in your own co2 over and over. There are laws that restrict diesel vehicles from parking with their engines running in schools zones because the gas emissions from the vehicles can affect young lungs while they are developing - yet they somehow think if they rebreathe their own gas emissions from their bodies, they will develop healthy, wealthy and wise children.

• Members

As an asthmatic the ONLY kind of mask I can wear without suffering is a very thin gator. Even with that, if I do anything more than an easy walk I start gasping. Interestingly enough, as an asthmatic I got COVID back in May 2021. But I have a good diet, am not overweight and my Vitamin D3 count is very good. Turns out it was just like every other flu I've had. Perhaps instead of choking people with masks they should try to encourage better health habits.