• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Covid Thread (Covid topics are merged in here)

• Members
33 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

To be clear, people here are saying by definition it's not a vaccine. Not an opinion, but by the definition of vaccine in the dictionary.

I believe that in the future it may become a vaccine, but we're not there yet.

What is their definition of a vaccine?

What, if not a vaccine, do they call what is currently called a vaccine?

1 hour ago, Salyan said:

"Experimental injection"

Show me a website source for this term.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Look back, it was already mentioned a few times. I'm not sure if you are questing us or the dictionary. I'm confused

He will be right in his own mind, no matter what evidence anyone presents. He is not even willing to look in a dictionary for the answer to the question he keeps repeating.

• Members
14 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Look back, it was already mentioned a few times. I'm not sure if you are questing us or the dictionary. I'm confused

You all have to remember that if the left does not like the definition of something because it does not fit their platform, they change the definition. You seem to forget what I pointed out earlier in this thread. After COVID hit and they realized that their "Vaccine" wasn't going to work as the CDC then defined a "vaccine" as working, they changed the definition of the word "vaccine". 

It used to be that a vaccine "produced an immunity to a specific disease.” Now, however, the CDC changed the definition from the word “immunity” to “protection.”
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article254111268.html#storylink=cpy

Now, if you would kindly get back in line like good little puppets and get your shots like good little comrades, Cho Bei-din will let you play in all the good little reindeer games again. If not, well the state has ways...

Edited by Napsterdad

• Moderators

As a lover of the English language, I refuse to accept bastardized redefinitions of perfectly good words. ? 

4 hours ago, Napsterdad said:

Now, if you would kindly get back in line like good little puppets and get your shots like good little comrades, Cho Bei-din will let you play in all the good little reindeer games again. If not, well the state has ways...

Yeah! They do! Ontario Provincial Police are now visiting people's homes who comment on the Freedom Convoy group on Facebook to provide them with state-sponsored literature on the 'right' way to peacefully protest. I can't even...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWcm4ENwJn8&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3f6fFTbAJYUCX3qcYKaYvi3WA49b5kP8oh0qkweNi9dJgzL6n_zyMT-SA 

• Administrators

In that video he keeps talking about a "blockade". I thought it was a simple convoy, why is he calling it a blockade? He also says it is "illegal" many many times, what is illegal about a convoy? He also said it was taking over neighborhoods....what?????

• Members
3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

In that video he keeps talking about a "blockade". I thought it was a simple convoy, why is he calling it a blockade? He also says it is "illegal" many many times, what is illegal about a convoy? He also said it was taking over neighborhoods....what?????

Convoys are illegal but so is just about everything these days except immorality.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I’m not sure which video are you watching, but the convoy to Ottawa stayed there. They’re parked in the downtown core, and several parking lots around the city they were directed into. There is also a blockade at the Coutts border crossing, as well as at the ambassador bridge in Windsor. So it’s both. Nothing illegal about the downtown blockade… the border ones may be a wee bit. But the government Still. Refuses. To. Dialogue. 

• Members

The blockade is affecting my wife's employment, as she handles (lead person) loading trucks and preparing orders and accepting orders to and from Canada. Yesterday they had to put a hold on several orders, and they'll leave them that way until this situation is settled. It could mean that my wife and at least six others are layed off until this thing is over. Though we support these truckers, and would support the same here in this country, it DOES affect people's lives. The truckers may end up cutting off their noses to spite their faces if they carry this on too long.

• Members
2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

The blockade is affecting my wife's employment, as she handles (lead person) loading trucks and preparing orders and accepting orders to and from Canada. Yesterday they had to put a hold on several orders, and they'll leave them that way until this situation is settled. It could mean that my wife and at least six others are layed off until this thing is over. Though we support these truckers, and would support the same here in this country, it DOES affect people's lives. The truckers may end up cutting off their noses to spite their faces if they carry this on too long.

Unintended consequences. 

9 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Here comes the "negative".

Oh, I think it is quite a positive statement about the Canadian women. I cannot imagine playing ice hockey wearing a mask, especially at that level of play. Those are touch ladies. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Here comes the "negative".

Russian hockey stars ‘found it difficult to breathe’ in masks during Olympic fiasco

LINK To Article (Don't take everything the libs tell you without fact checking them.)

hockeypuck.jpg

Edited by 1Timothy115
added text

• Members
1 hour ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Russian hockey stars ‘found it difficult to breathe’ in masks during Olympic fiasco

LINK To Article (Don't take everything the libs tell you without fact checking them.)

hockeypuck.jpg

Perhaps the Russians need better masks and better training. The Canadians seemed to do well while wearing the masks. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. 

Did you notice that Russians played without masks much of the game and still were blown out? The Canadian women wore masks the entire game. 

Edited by Razor