• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Covid Thread (Covid topics are merged in here)

• Moderators

Well, our politicians are starting to blink. Alberta ended the REP (vaccine passport for entertainment/restaurants/pools) last night. And the students won the right to not wear masks in school due to their walkout last Friday (SO proud of them!) I don't trust the shift... I am sure they are going to find excuses for bringing things back or not revoking their next promised steps. But for today, I am going to go SIT IN a Tim Hortons for the first time since September and have a coffee.

...and, although the rule is still in place, I will NOT be wearing a mask. I haven't worn one out and about since the truckers entered Ottawa.

• Members

Here's What You Need to Know about ivermectin

• The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans or animals. Ivermectin is approved for human use to treat infections caused by some parasitic worms and head lice and skin conditions like rosacea.
  • Currently available data do not show ivermectin is effective against COVID-19. Clinical trials assessing ivermectin tablets for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in people are ongoing.
  • Taking large doses of ivermectin is dangerous.
  • If your health care provider writes you an ivermectin prescription, fill it through a legitimate source such as a pharmacy, and take it exactly as prescribed. 
  • Never use medications intended for animals on yourself or other people. Animal ivermectin products are very different from those approved for humans. Use of animal ivermectin for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in humans is dangerous. 

What is Ivermectin and How is it Used?

Ivermectin tablets are approved by the FDA to treat people with intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, two conditions caused by parasitic worms. In addition, some topical forms of ivermectin are approved to treat external parasites like head lice and for skin conditions such as rosacea. 

Some forms of animal ivermectin are approved to prevent heartworm disease and treat certain internal and external parasites. It’s important to note that these products are different from the ones for people, and safe only when used in animals as prescribed.

When Can Taking Ivermectin Be Unsafe?

The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19 in people or animals. Ivermectin has not been shown to be safe or effective for these indications.

There’s a lot of misinformation around, and you may have heard that it’s okay to take large doses of ivermectin. It is not okay. 

Even the levels of ivermectin for approved human uses can interact with other medications, like blood-thinners. You can also overdose on ivermectin, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension (low blood pressure), allergic reactions (itching and hives), dizziness, ataxia (problems with balance), seizures, coma and even death. 

Ivermectin Products for Animals Are Different from Ivermectin Products for People

For one thing, animal drugs are often highly concentrated because they are used for large animals like horses and cows, which weigh a lot more than we do— up to a ton or more. Such high doses can be highly toxic in humans. Moreover, the FDA reviews drugs not just for safety and effectiveness of the active ingredients, but also for the inactive ingredients. Many inactive ingredients found in  products for animals aren’t evaluated for use in people. Or they are included in much greater quantity than those used in people. In some cases, we don’t know how those inactive ingredients will affect how ivermectin is absorbed in the human body.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

• Members

Strange that SOME people don't want to admit that this drug is safe, effective, and works against COVID! I've known many people who have taken it and had better results than the people who have had the shots, the boosters, etc. Several of them are in our church, and others are in the Bible studies I attend. There are also friends and acquaintances across the country who have used it and recovered very quickly when they had covid. 

• Members

The state reported the two deaths Sept. 22, according to the state health department. The two people who died were among 14 in the state who have been hospitalized for ivermectin poisoning, according to The Hill. 

Ivermectin is a drug typically used to treat parasitic infections in animals. It is FDA-approved for humans at very specific doses for some parasitic worms, as well as some topical formulations for head lice and skin conditions, but it is not an antiviral.

The drug has been increasingly misused to treat and prevent COVID-19 in recent months, though the FDA has warned against it. Calls to poison control centers across the U.S. have been on the rise in recent months as some Americans have been self-administering ivermectin. 

The two people who died from ivermectin poisoning were 38 and 79 years old, and both used the drug to try to treat COVID-19, The Hill reported. In one patient, the drug caused kidney failure, according to David Scrase, MD, acting head of the state's health department. 

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/pharmacy/new-mexico-links-2-deaths-to-ivermectin-misuse.html

• Members
41 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Since we like to put general stats in here....as of yesterday here in the state of Connecticut, there are more covid patience vaccinated in the hospital than unvaccinated.

That should not be a surprise as 77% of the people in Connecticut have been fully vaccinated. Connecticut has a reported population of 3.6 million.

So, if that means, 2,772,000 have been vaccinated while only 828,000 are unvaccinated. 

Thus, as I said, it is no surprise that more folk who have been vaccinated are in the hospital than unvaccinated. But the unvaccinated account for 97.8% of the deaths. That means only 2.2% of the deaths were vaccinated. Very statistical significant. 

• Members

I recently read a story about family members sneaking in Ivermectin into hospitals to give them to their loved ones who would almost immediately recover. My sister's doctor prescribed her the drug and she was better in two days.

Aaron Rodgers said he knows for a fact the NFL was giving it to players who had Covid and Joe Rogan said that up to 200 members of Congress were treated with it by Frontline Critical Care Group.

• Members

I tested negative while I was initially sick as if I had a bad cold.  When I was practically on my death bed I finally tested positive in the hospital.

I'm still testing positive though I'm symptom free.

I didn't need any test kit to tell me when to seek help although my doctor and hospital didn't do anything for me the first and second time I went to the ER. Absolutely nothing but tell me I qualified for monoclonal antibodies but they couldn't give it to me. My doctor claimed he never even heard of such a thing. I had to run around myself, sick as a dog, getting the treatment set up.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Razor said:

That should not be a surprise as 77% of the people in Connecticut have been fully vaccinated. Connecticut has a reported population of 3.6 million.

So, if that means, 2,772,000 have been vaccinated while only 828,000 are unvaccinated. 

Thus, as I said, it is no surprise that more folk who have been vaccinated are in the hospital than unvaccinated. But the unvaccinated account for 97.8% of the deaths. That means only 2.2% of the deaths were vaccinated. Very statistical significant. 

Took the bait...lol.

Now you care about important parts of a stat when you have an agenda. Yes, 77% have been vaccinated, but the part you are leaving out is that the vaccine "protects" you from getting sick. If that was the case you can't use the 77% vaccinated number as an argument because now your saying that the vaccine does not prevent hospitalization. You can't change the narrative midway.

The only way your argument would work is if you tell me what the percentage is that the vaccine prevents hospitalizations, then do the math based on the 77% vaccinated  with those hospitalized to see what the real stat is. 

You would also need to take into effect undocumented citizens. The 77.1% vaccine only accounts for legal citizen's where the hospital stats includes all. 

• Members
9 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Took the bait...lol.

Now you care about important parts of a stat when you have an agenda. Yes, 77% have been vaccinated, but the part you are leaving out is that the vaccine "protects" you from getting sick. If that was the case you can't use the 77% vaccinated number as an argument because now your saying that the vaccine does not prevent hospitalization. You can't change the narrative midway.

The only way your argument would work is if you tell me what the percentage is that the vaccine prevents hospitalizations and then do the math based on the 77% vaccinated  with those hospitalized to see what the real stat is. 

You would also need to take into effect undocumented citizens. The 77.1% vaccine only accounts for legal citizen's where the hospital stats includes all. 

It protects many from getting sick. It protects a high percentage of people from becoming seriously ill if they do contact COVID. This is obvious from the statistics of the population. 

No one ever said that a vaccine prevents anyone from becoming hospitalized. It is a given that some will. 

Have you ever taken a statistics course?

• Moderators

31 minutes ago, Razor said:

It protects many from getting sick. It protects a high percentage of people from becoming seriously ill if they do contact COVID. This is obvious from the statistics of the population. 

No one ever said that a vaccine prevents anyone from becoming hospitalized. It is a given that some will. 

Actually, since the Point of a real vaccine is to provide immunity from a disease, vaccination should prevent hospitalization. As well as from getting ill by catching the disease in the wild. The Covid ones do neither, and as such are a failure as a vaccine. 

In Albert, where undocumented people are not really an issue, the percentage of v/unv in the hospital matches the percentage in the general population, proving that the v does nothing to prevent serious outcomes. The percentage of v to unv could be even higher, as hospitalizations from recently vaccinated are counted as unvaxed, thus hiding vaccine adverse reactions.

Please stop regurgitating the government lies and Newspeak. It does not behoove a Christian to be so easily deceived by the world system.