• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Covid Thread (Covid topics are merged in here)

• Members
35 minutes ago, Razor said:

I find your opinion of no value as you do not back it up with anything. Explain what verification would you find convincing? 

Anything NOT from your left-wing sources or the government. Until these people can be HONEST, there's no reason to mess with them. And likewise, I don't find much you post worth anything. You seem more like a government hack than a true poster here.

21 minutes ago, SureWord said:

When I first got sick the test said negative and my doctor thought I just had a cold but in reality I was in the first wave of Covid.

The PCR tests are not reliable. 

Come on, BB. 

Are you thinking that razor is BB (Bouncing Bill)? I've thought that for quite a while.

• Members

More double-speak from the medical professors at UAB...the "vaccines" are misunderstood....they PROTECT you from the virus, but they don't PREVENT it....Then what good are they? Useless!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/uab-discusses-breakthrough-covid-cases/ar-AASp1zV?ocid=chromentpnews

• Members

U.S. Sets Global Daily Record of Over 1 Million Virus Cases

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-04/u-s-sets-new-global-daily-record-of-over-1-million-virus-cases

More than 1 million people in the U.S. were diagnosed with Covid-19 on Monday as a tsunami of omicron swamps every aspect of daily American life.

The highly mutated variant drove U.S. cases to a record, the most -- by a large margin -- that any country has ever reported. Monday’s number is almost double the previous record of about 590,000 set just four days ago in the U.S., which itself was a doubling from the prior week. 

It is also more than twice the case count seen anywhere else at any time since the pandemic began more than two years ago. The highest number outside the U.S. came during India’s delta surge, when more than 414,000 people were diagnosed on May 7, 2021. 

I was glad I was sitting down when I read this this morning. This is simply astounding!

• Members
58 minutes ago, Razor said:

U.S. Sets Global Daily Record of Over 1 Million Virus Cases

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-04/u-s-sets-new-global-daily-record-of-over-1-million-virus-cases

More than 1 million people in the U.S. were diagnosed with Covid-19 on Monday as a tsunami of omicron swamps every aspect of daily American life.

The highly mutated variant drove U.S. cases to a record, the most -- by a large margin -- that any country has ever reported. Monday’s number is almost double the previous record of about 590,000 set just four days ago in the U.S., which itself was a doubling from the prior week. 

It is also more than twice the case count seen anywhere else at any time since the pandemic began more than two years ago. The highest number outside the U.S. came during India’s delta surge, when more than 414,000 people were diagnosed on May 7, 2021. 

I was glad I was sitting down when I read this this morning. This is simply astounding!

Strange...delays in reporting could have contributed to the highly inflated numbers! Dont' seem so overjoyed about the increase, razor...it's not as bad as you'd like to make it out to be!

• Members

Why are so many vaccinated people getting COVID-19 lately?

A couple of factors are at play, starting with the emergence of the highly contagious omicron variant. Omicron is more likely to infect people, even if it doesn't make them very sick, and its surge coincided with the holiday travel season in many places.

People might mistakenly think the COVID-19 vaccines will completely block infection, but the shots are mainly designed to prevent severe illness, says Louis Mansky, a virus researcher at the University of Minnesota. 

And the vaccines are still doing their job on that front, particularly for people who've gotten boosters.

Two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine still offer strong protection against serious illness from omicron. While those initial doses aren’t very good at blocking omicron infection, boosters — particularly with the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines — rev up levels of the antibodies to help fend off infection.

Omicron appears to replicate much more efficiently than previous variants. And if infected people have high virus loads, there's a greater likelihood they'll pass it on to others, especially the unvaccinated. Vaccinated people who get the virus are more likely to have mild symptoms, if any, since the shots trigger multiple defenses in your immune system, making it much more difficult for omicron to slip past them all.

Advice for staying safe hasn't changed. Doctors say to wear masks indoors, avoid crowds and get vaccinated and boosted. Even though the shots won’t always keep you from catching the virus, they'll make it much more likely you stay alive and out of the hospital.

https://www.aol.com/news/why-many-vaccinated-people-getting-050338384-105321992.html

• Members

Well, there was good news for those of us who live in the State of Tennessee...there isn't going to be any more reporting of daily numbers for the VID! ? That's DEFINITELY a good thing, and we're not the first state to do so. Other states have scaled back their reporting as well. I believe people are finally starting to wake up to the FACTS, not the hyped-up fantasy of Fauci, Pelosi, Schumer, Kamala and Biden!  It's amazing what a little common sense can do!

• Members

Herd Immunity!

I really hope the following is true.

“Sometimes a rapid-fire could burn through very quickly,” says Dr. David Ho of the omicron variant, “but then put itself out.”

The high-transmission rate of the omicron variant of COVID-19 could potentially mean that as it rips its way through the U.S. population leaving antibodies in its wake, herd immunity may actually be possible.

• Members
1 minute ago, Razor said:

Herd Immunity!

I really hope the following is true.

“Sometimes a rapid-fire could burn through very quickly,” says Dr. David Ho of the omicron variant, “but then put itself out.”

The high-transmission rate of the omicron variant of COVID-19 could potentially mean that as it rips its way through the U.S. population leaving antibodies in its wake, herd immunity may actually be possible.

It was already possible, and most likley probable. 

• Members
3 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Herd immunity would have already been attained had government not put their unconstitutional (and amoral) hands all over it.

Yup.

This was all to make money off a vaccine. Medicines like Ivermectin were, and still are, being held back from the common person but was given to Congress and NFL players.

Like I said before there was no attempt by my doctor or the hospital to treat me early on to help me avoid getting as bad as I did and even then they kept me for just one day, gave me some more steroids, and sent me home with full blown pneumonia with a big O2 compressor I had to lug myself. 

If anyone knows of the history of Anthony Fauci he did this same thing when the AIDS epidemic hit. Despite how we feel about the issue and it being a judgement on sin doctors should still do what they can to help those infected. Fauci held back the medicine that would help them because he was insistant on making a vaccine. This caused the virus to mutate even more.

The vaccine and the refusal to care for those infected with Covid early on has caused the virus to mutate and get stronger.

The government, media and the health industry are all complicit.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, SureWord said:

Yup.

This was all to make money off a vaccine. Medicines like Ivermectin were, and still are, being held back from the common person but was given to Congress and NFL players.

Like I said before there was no attempt by my doctor or the hospital to treat me early on to help me avoid getting as bad as I did and even then they kept me for just one day, gave me some more steroids, and sent me home with full blown pneumonia with a big O2 compressor I had to lug myself. 

If anyone knows of the history of Anthony Fauci he did this same thing when the AIDS epidemic hit. Despite how we feel about the issue and it being a judgement on sin doctors should still do what they can to help those infected. Fauci held back the medicine that would help them because he was insistant on making a vaccine. This caused the virus to mutate even more.

The vaccine and the refusal to care for those infected with Covid early on has caused the virus to mutate and get stronger.

Agreed. I have a friend who currently works on a C-vid unit (and has worked on many others as a traveling nurse). She remains adamant that it is a failure to properly treat the virus from the outset that is the reason for so many deaths. 

Fauci is in no way someone who should be listened to - he has blood on his hands, as does every public servant who has mandated nonsense that led to deaths of many unnecessarily.  

~~~~

My brother-in-law (who has been "vaccinated") tested positive a little over a week ago. Both my sister and one of my nieces tested negative on the same day...fast forward to yesterday and my sister and niece were tested again (one for work, one because she didn't feel well). Tested positive. I'm not very impressed with their testing...

So they were sent home, told to quarantine from their family (whom they have been around all along, so I guess "unsymptomatic" doesn't hold true for family members...if it did, quarantining is pointless as everyone's already been exposed) for 5 days, and then just quarantine at home for another 5. NO instructions on what to do if they started feeling worse. NO suggestions as to what to do to fight it.

So we got some stuff for them (ALL of which is recommended by FLCCC - Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance...a very credible group for anyone, no matter their opinions on to jab or not to jab), including a finger pulse oximeter. My sister has been ordered (by me LOL) to go to the emergency room if her oxygen goes below 90 or her fever spikes to 104.

The sad thing is, monoclonal antibodies are not available in our area. It's stupid and dangerous not to have them available. But our "governor" is in lock step with the man in the White House, as is our "health officer," who has delusions of grandeur in all of this. My cousin, his wife, and their daughter and son-in-law tested positive, got the antibodies and are doing great. My aunt and uncle, on the other hand, died because their "treatment" consisted of venting.

I am not bitter at their deaths (both of them died in 2021 - one early in the year, the other in October - the last of my dad's siblings) because we are all appointed to death. Death did not originate with C-vid and the handwringers need to stop pushing fear. My maternal uncle died in September - from emphysema, not C-vid...contracted because he smoked for years and years. Death comes to all of us. Now, don't get me wrong. I am saddened by the deaths from this. But I am angered at the absolutely unnecessary deaths/maiming (hearts damaged, blood clots, etc) that has happened, and will continue to happen. And then people try to trumpet the efficacy of the jab with absolutely no proof that any of it does any good.

Anyway, off my soap box now. ?

• Members
12 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

Agreed. I have a friend who currently works on a C-vid unit (and has worked on many others as a traveling nurse). She remains adamant that it is a failure to properly treat the virus from the outset that is the reason for so many deaths. 

Fauci is in no way someone who should be listened to - he has blood on his hands, as does every public servant who has mandated nonsense that led to deaths of many unnecessarily.  

~~~~

My brother-in-law (who has been "vaccinated") tested positive a little over a week ago. Both my sister and one of my nieces tested negative on the same day...fast forward to yesterday and my sister and niece were tested again (one for work, one because she didn't feel well). Tested positive. I'm not very impressed with their testing...

So they were sent home, told to quarantine from their family (whom they have been around all along, so I guess "unsymptomatic" doesn't hold true for family members...if it did, quarantining is pointless as everyone's already been exposed) for 5 days, and then just quarantine at home for another 5. NO instructions on what to do if they started feeling worse. NO suggestions as to what to do to fight it.

So we got some stuff for them (ALL of which is recommended by FLCCC - Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance...a very credible group for anyone, no matter their opinions on to jab or not to jab), including a finger pulse oximeter. My sister has been ordered (by me LOL) to go to the emergency room if her oxygen goes below 90 or her fever spikes to 104.

The sad thing is, monoclonal antibodies are not available in our area. It's stupid and dangerous not to have them available. But our "governor" is in lock step with the man in the White House, as is our "health officer," who has delusions of grandeur in all of this. My cousin, his wife, and their daughter and son-in-law tested positive, got the antibodies and are doing great. My aunt and uncle, on the other hand, died because their "treatment" consisted of venting.

I am not bitter at their deaths (both of them died in 2021 - one early in the year, the other in October - the last of my dad's siblings) because we are all appointed to death. Death did not originate with C-vid and the handwringers need to stop pushing fear. My maternal uncle died in September - from emphysema, not C-vid...contracted because he smoked for years and years. Death comes to all of us. Now, don't get me wrong. I am saddened by the deaths from this. But I am angered at the absolutely unnecessary deaths/maiming (hearts damaged, blood clots, etc) that has happened, and will continue to happen. And then people try to trumpet the efficacy of the jab with absolutely no proof that any of it does any good.

Anyway, off my soap box now. ?

I pray your family gets better.

• Members
12 hours ago, SureWord said:

Yup.

I think it was about more than just the vaccine. We know that there have been proponents of reducing the earths population for quite a while now. Bill Gates is one of these people, as is George Soros.