• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 'wolf moon' will light up the night's sky this week

• Members

The first full moon of the year will make an appearance Monday and it has a special name that is based on a well-known myth. 

The first full moon of the year, known as a wolf moon, will be visible on Monday evening at about 6:48 p.m. EST, according to NASA. It became known as the wolf moon because wolves were traditionally believed to have howled during the winter because of hunger. 

NASA says the wolf moon will appear full for about three days around the same time. 

https://thehill.com/changing-america/enrichment/education/590076-the-wolf-moon-will-light-up-the-nights-sky-this-week

• Members
8 minutes ago, SureWord said:

And I won't see it because I'll be inside where it's warm.

It was moon bright when I took the puppy out this morning at 2:15 AM! He seemed to be mesmerized by it. I've NEVER seen a PUPPY sit and look up at the moon. This was a first for me. I didn't even need my cell phones torch to see and avoid puppies little yard bombs! ?

• Administrators

That is unusual Bro. Tony. It is unusual for any animal, they are not conditioned to look up, simply because in their wild state, danger doe not come from above. This is also one reason that hunters use tree stands. They are out of the animal's line of sight and animas don't look up naturally.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

That is unusual Bro. Tony. It is unusual for any animal, they are not conditioned to look up, simply because in their wild state, danger doe not come from above. This is also one reason that hunters use tree stands. They are out of the animal's line of sight and animas don't look up naturally.

I truly think he saw it when he looked at me...I moved off and he just sat there looking at it. He was listening to the owl in the woods beneath the moon as well...this puppy doesn't bark, doesn't flinch, doesn't show much fear at all....The last chocolate lab I had was a very frightened little pup...but that was nearly 45 years ago.  Still, like I said, I've NEVER seen a dog, cat or anything look up and just stare like that! I tried to get a picture, but my cell phones flash wouldn't set flash quick enough.

Edited by BrotherTony