• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Have I been doing it wrong?

• Members
1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/diversity-inclusion/586651-chicago-preacher-leads-sermon-in-drag

How can you call yourself a pastor when you disqualify yourself according to scripture?

I don't see how some of these "pastors" can stand behind their podiums each week and claim to be "preaching" what people need to hear. The BIBLE and the GOSPEL OF CHRIST are what the people need to hear, and they're NOT HEARING IT from many of these people! I'm thankful for those that ARE preaching the Gospel of Christ and the Word.

• Administrators

In the first place he does disqualify himself, which makes anything he does or says as a pastor null and void. second, third, fourth, yada yada yada. he did not preach a sermon, he read out of a book and prayed, which prayer probably got only as high as the ceiling.

He is homosexual, which, according to the Bible, is not a good thing: Leviticus 18:22 (KJV) Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

He is Lutheran; this denomination approves of this sort of thing with their LGBTQIA+MEOZKWJEERKW

• Members

I worked on my Uncle's farm in 1994, a year and a 1/2 after I got saved, to try to reconnect and witness to my relatives. He was part of the United Church and shortly before this they made policies to accept homosexual/lesbian pastors, etc. I brought this to his attention, and he said they still taught the Bible. Even as a new believer, I knew you couldn't teach and preach the Bible when you are living a lifestyle contrary to it (now I know that God opens up His Word to His children, not the unregenerate).

My response to this thread was based on the title before I clicked on the link. I think I might hurl!!!