• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Man lives with new pig heart…

• Members

How far will man go, A human with a pigs heart. I was thinking about this, The Bible tells us that man and animals are separate. Will God, let this continue, a human with a heart of a pig. I am for modern medicine, but how far can we go. For we are all made in God’s  image. 

• Members
1 hour ago, E Morales said:

How far will man go, A human with a pigs heart.

We eat food which includes pigs and our body converts these things at the cellular level into our body.

Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Edited by John Young

• Members

If it can save the life of someone here, and there's no clear indication in scripture that this shouldn't be done, then I'm all for it. It's not like they're trying to create a new species as some scientists are doing these days. 

• Members
8 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I read that the guy did time for stabbing he friend that left him paralyzed. The man's family aren't happy about it.

I read that as well...that was probably one of the deciding factors in giving him this heart...I believe it's still classified as experimental and probably won't extend his life very long. Still, he is a good "test subject." 

• Members
3 hours ago, John Young said:

We eat food which includes pigs and our body converts these things at the cellular level into our body.

Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

I do eat pork, but having a heart that belongs to a pork, I see it in a different category. Humans are not animals, neither can we breed with them. Life is in the blood and the heart controls the blood.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I would like to know more about the human, having a heart of a animal. What is nexts, Humans with part of a brain, of a monkey. I am somewhat surprised that Christians have a blind eye to this. That it is okay, we stand firm on issues like abortions, but what is the temple that God gave us. We live in a body-made of part human, robot, and part animal now, was this Gods plans, for us to become?

Thanks for your replies

• Members
3 hours ago, E Morales said:

I would like to know more about the human, having a heart of a animal. What is nexts, Humans with part of a brain, of a monkey. I am somewhat surprised that Christians have a blind eye to this. That it is okay, we stand firm on issues like abortions, but what is the temple that God gave us. We live in a body-made of part human, robot, and part animal now, was this Gods plans, for us to become?

Thanks for your replies

I don't look for mankind to have any kind of animal brains put into themselves, as the brain works differently from any other organ in the human body. Standing firm on the issues isn't the point here...the point is the saving of a human life. If it turns out that a pigs heart will work just as well as a human heart to save someone's life, I don't see anything unscriptural about it. There are far too many people waiting for transplants who could use them now, and there aren't enough people who are donors, or who cannot be matched to a donor because of blood and tissue issues. We have pacemakers and other implanted devices, such as the ones that the doctors tried to have me put into my spine (spinal cord stimulator) to help block some of the intense pain that I feel every day from falling off a roof of a house. I didn't have the implantation because of the number of people I knew who had suffered adverse effects from such items. Yet, I know others who have had great success. Remember, we now also have knee, hip, and other parts being replaced. We also, thank the Lord, have titanium rods, which helped my wife to be able to survive after being rear ended by a car and forced into the path of another oncoming car. Her whole thoracic region is held together with these two rods and eight screws. If they hadn't been available, she'd be in a wheelchair or worse...dead. 

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
37 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I don't look for mankind to have any kind of animal brains put into themselves, as the brain works differently from any other organ in the human body. Standing firm on the issues isn't the point here...the point is the saving of a human life. If it turns out that a pigs heart will work just as well as a human heart to save someone's life, I don't see anything unscriptural about it. There are far too many people waiting for transplants who could use them now, and there aren't enough people who are donors, or who cannot be matched to a donor because of blood and tissue issues. We have pacemakers and other implanted devices, such as the ones that the doctors tried to have me put into my spine (spinal cord stimulator) to help block some of the intense pain that I feel every day from falling off a roof of a house. I didn't have the implantation because of the number of people I knew who had suffered adverse effects from such items. Yet, I know others who have had great success. Remember, we now also have knee, hip, and other parts being replaced. We also, thank the Lord, have titanium rods, which helped my wife to be able to survive after being rear ended by a car and forced into the path of another oncoming car. Her whole thoracic region is held together the these two rods and eight screws. If they hadn't been available, she'd be in a wheelchair or worse...dead. 

Thanks for modern medicine, but I was going in a little more deeper. The heart and mine, should be all human in my opinion. Can I be wrong, absolutely.

• Members
1 minute ago, E Morales said:

Thanks for modern medicine, but I was going in a little more deeper. The heart and mine, should be all human in my opinion. Can I be wrong, absolutely.

The figuretive heart (spirit/soul) should be Holy Spirit controlled if one is saved...definitely. The mind as well. On this, you're not wrong. 

• Members

Spiritually speaking physical replacement body parts can't change your Soul or spirit into a hybrid of you and the animal's spirit. A body part can only physically change the body.

Mark 7:15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

• Members

I read this quote online.

Ultimately, Griffith wrote, Bennett was the right patient for the experimental transplant because he had no other options. If he'd been eligible for a human heart, he wouldn't have been a candidate for a pig heart.

Previously, researchers had only connected a genetically engineered pig kidney to a brain-dead human. Though Bennett's transplant has been successful so far, experimental procedures are precarious. It's uncertain whether he will live through the year.

Genetically modified pig organs may not become a viable alternative to the human-organ waiting list for many years. But if the technology does succeed, it could save many lives.

"It breaks our hearts to not be able to transplant somebody," Burgart said. "We want patients to live. We want patients to have full and healthy lives. So I do think that transplant programs take this responsibility very, very seriously. And one way to make that better is if we have more organs."

• Administrators
1 hour ago, John Young said:

Spiritually speaking physical replacement body parts can't change your Soul or spirit into a hybrid of you and the animal's spirit. A body part can only physically change the body.

Mark 7:15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

Yes, but would eating bacon make this man a cannibal?