• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Florida bank says it has closed Trump's accounts

• Members
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Considering the member that posted the OP, I think we are talking about bias and prejudice. He only posts things that seem to make Trump look bad in his eyes.

Why don't you post something positive about him?

I have found only one news story that says Trump did something good. I have done a fair about of searching on this topic. I will be happy to read others if you can find them. 

But, earlier this week, he did something genuinely good. In an interview with conservative commentator Candace Owens, Trump not only rejected her claims that "more people have died" since the Covid-19 vaccine became available but also delivered a clear argument for people to get vaccinated.
"No, the vaccine worked," Trump said. "But some people aren't taking it. The ones that get very sick and go to the hospital are the ones that don't take their vaccine." He added: "People aren't dying when they take their vaccine."
This is, of course, exactly right. Study after study has shown that three Covid-19 vaccine doses continue to do a very good job of protecting you from hospitalization and death -- even from the Omicron variant that is sweeping the country.

But, it is also very important for Trump to state that fact because the numbers also show that not only are Republicans are far less likely to have been vaccinated than Democrats, but they are also less mindful of the risks the virus poses to them.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Razor said:

I have found only one news story that says Trump did something good. I have done a fair about of searching on this topic. I will be happy to read others if you can find them. 

Where are you looking my friend? 

• Members
5 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Where are you looking my friend? 

I searched the internet and found only the one article that approached being positive. If you or others can find positive articles I'd appreciate reading them. By articles I mean news articles not political editorials which are basically opinion pieces. If and when I find a positive article I'll post it. 

• Members
8 hours ago, Razor said:

I searched the internet and found only the one article that approached being positive. If you or others can find positive articles I'd appreciate reading them. By articles I mean news articles not political editorials which are basically opinion pieces. If and when I find a positive article I'll post it. 

Bill, you keep posting dreck like this just to bring strife. 

• Members
54 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Bill, you keep posting dreck like this just to bring strife. 

It is news. It is strife to you but not to everyone. It is news to me giving more evidence of Trump's lack of business acumen. 

Edited by Razor

• Moderators

So I really don’t care what a former president of a foreign country is up to… but as far as ‘articles proving he’s done any good,’ I seem to remember that the mainstream media was against that guy, and he could do no good in their eyes. It would therefore follow that they would have run few favorable stories on him. A lack of positive mainstream media coverage would therefore be expected and is not valid as a negative data point  

And I say this from a country where the government publicly owns (I.e. finances) the mainstream media. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, Salyan said:

So I really don’t care what a former president of a foreign country is up to… but as far as ‘articles proving he’s done any good,’ I seem to remember that the mainstream media was against that guy, and he could do no good in their eyes. It would therefore follow that they would have run few favorable stories on him. A lack of positive mainstream media coverage would therefore be expected and is not valid as a negative data point  

And I say this from a country where the government publicly owns (I.e. finances) the mainstream media. 

I have not found a positive article about him as a person even in the right wing press. 

• Moderators

Defining your argument halfways through is the mark of a poor argument. ?  You hadn’t actually specified before that the articles had to be personal. 

TBH, I suspect that I shouldn’t have cared for him much as a person either. But from the bits and pieces I’ve heard, I respect what he did for his country as a president. It’s only too bad he did such a good job of suppressing illegal Immigration… I might be wanting to escape one of these days. 

• Administrators
On 1/16/2022 at 4:03 AM, Razor said:

Now I see why you are running into trouble finding articles. Being in the SEO field, I constantly follow trends and analytics of search results. What I have found, and I remember reading a WSJ article about a couple years back was that search engines like Google changes algorithms and changes your results. 

I have found that you can't rely on search results as they are changed and manipulated to see what they want you to see. I still run tests this day and constantly follow Googles algorithm changes. 

• Members
22 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Now I see why you are running into trouble finding articles. Being in the SEO field, I constantly follow trends and analytics of search results. What I have found, and I remember reading a WSJ article about a couple years back was that search engines like Google changes algorithms and changes your results. 

I have found that you can't rely on search results as they are changed and manipulated to see what they want you to see. I still run tests this day and constantly follow Googles algorithm changes. 

I searched a number of search engines beyond Google, such as Yahoo, AOL, DuckDuckGo, BBC, Bing, Reuters and several others. I decided not to use Yandex as I trust it less seeing that most of the owners live in Russia. My lack of trust was not in search results but in the tracking they might use. 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Razor said:

I searched a number of search engines beyond Google, such as Yahoo, AOL, DuckDuckGo, BBC, Bing, Reuters and several others. I decided not to use Yandex as I trust it less seeing that most of the owners live in Russia. My lack of trust was not in search results but in the tracking they might use. 

I hear you, in my dealing with search engines, and probably thousand hours put in, tracking is the least of my concern with search results. They ALL use algorithms that changes constantly. Google is the biggest one so they get the most attention. 

• Members
23 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

I hear you, in my dealing with search engines, and probably thousand hours put in, tracking is the least of my concern with search results. They ALL use algorithms that changes constantly. Google is the biggest one so they get the most attention. 

I was not clear when I said tracking. Being owned by Russians I was concerned about bugged software being panted on my computer that might cause trouble in the future. I do have lots of protection to avoid this from happening, but nothing is totally perfect.