• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Florida bank says it has closed Trump's accounts

• Members

A Florida bank announced Thursday that it has closed down former President Trump’s account, joining a growing list of entities that have cut ties with the former president following the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

In his financial disclosures, Trump had stated he had two money-market accounts with Banks United, The Washington Post reports. The accounts held somewhere between $5.1 million and $25.2 million.

“We no longer have any depository relationship with him," said Banks United, without giving reasons for its decision to shutter the accounts.

Another Florida bank, Professional Bank, last week announced that it would be cutting ties with Trump, saying it would no longer conduct business with the former president or his organizations.

Signature Bank in New York and Deutsche Bank have also said they will no longer be conducting future business with Trump. Signature Bank notably took a strong stance against Trump and his allies in Congress, calling for him to resign and saying it would not conduct business with lawmakers who had objected to certifying the presidential election.

Deutsche Bank is seeking to resolve more than $300 million in loans, reportedly looking to offload the loans onto another lender due to the negative press their dealings with Trump has caused. Deutsche Bank's relationship with the Trump Organization is under a civil investigation by New York attorney general Letitia James.

James is investigating claims made by Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen that he had inflated the value of his assets and financial statements. Though the investigation is civil, James has said criminal charges may arise if anything suggesting criminality is discovered during her probe.

Manhattan district attorney Cyrus Vance is also conducting an investigation into whether or not Trump misrepresented the value of his assets in order to receive larger tax deductions. Vance recently expanded his investigation to include the Trump family's Westchester County estate, a historic mansion called Seven Springs, built by former Washington Post publisher Eugene Meyer.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/banking-financial-institutions/535282-florida-bank-says-it-has-closed-trumps-accounts

• Members
14 minutes ago, Razor said:

A Florida bank announced Thursday that it has closed down former President Trump’s account, joining a growing list of entities that have cut ties with the former president following the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

In his financial disclosures, Trump had stated he had two money-market accounts with Banks United, The Washington Post reports. The accounts held somewhere between $5.1 million and $25.2 million.

“We no longer have any depository relationship with him," said Banks United, without giving reasons for its decision to shutter the accounts.

Another Florida bank, Professional Bank, last week announced that it would be cutting ties with Trump, saying it would no longer conduct business with the former president or his organizations.

Signature Bank in New York and Deutsche Bank have also said they will no longer be conducting future business with Trump. Signature Bank notably took a strong stance against Trump and his allies in Congress, calling for him to resign and saying it would not conduct business with lawmakers who had objected to certifying the presidential election.

Deutsche Bank is seeking to resolve more than $300 million in loans, reportedly looking to offload the loans onto another lender due to the negative press their dealings with Trump has caused. Deutsche Bank's relationship with the Trump Organization is under a civil investigation by New York attorney general Letitia James.

James is investigating claims made by Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen that he had inflated the value of his assets and financial statements. Though the investigation is civil, James has said criminal charges may arise if anything suggesting criminality is discovered during her probe.

Manhattan district attorney Cyrus Vance is also conducting an investigation into whether or not Trump misrepresented the value of his assets in order to receive larger tax deductions. Vance recently expanded his investigation to include the Trump family's Westchester County estate, a historic mansion called Seven Springs, built by former Washington Post publisher Eugene Meyer.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/banking-financial-institutions/535282-florida-bank-says-it-has-closed-trumps-accounts

Gee, Bill...your negativity towards Trump is still showing through. You seem so overjoyed about anything negative that pertains to the former POTUS...yet so positive about anything that has to do with your hero, Bumblin' Joe Biden. Shameful.

• Members
34 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Gee, Bill...your negativity towards Trump is still showing through. You seem so overjoyed about anything negative that pertains to the former POTUS...yet so positive about anything that has to do with your hero, Bumblin' Joe Biden. Shameful.

Just a news story. The banks seem to not like Trump. Of course he stiffed American banks to the point where they would no longer lend him money. Then he turned to Deutsche Bank and they have ended up with 300 million in bad dept owed to them by Trump. Would you lend him money?

Deutsche Bank AG and Signature Bank, two of Donald Trump’s favored lenders, are pulling away from the billionaire president in the wake of last week’s deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol.

The German lender has decided not to conduct any further business with Trump and his company, said two people with knowledge of the matter, asking not to be identified because the deliberations were confidential. Trump owes the Frankfurt-based lender more than $300 million.

https://www.americanbanker.com/articles/deutsche-signature-to-stop-doing-business-with-trump-and-his-company

• Members
35 minutes ago, Razor said:

Just a news story. The banks seem to not like Trump. Of course he stiffed American banks to the point where they would no longer lend him money. Then he turned to Deutsche Bank and they have ended up with 300 million in bad dept owed to them by Trump. Would you lend him money?

Deutsche Bank AG and Signature Bank, two of Donald Trump’s favored lenders, are pulling away from the billionaire president in the wake of last week’s deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol.

The German lender has decided not to conduct any further business with Trump and his company, said two people with knowledge of the matter, asking not to be identified because the deliberations were confidential. Trump owes the Frankfurt-based lender more than $300 million.

https://www.americanbanker.com/articles/deutsche-signature-to-stop-doing-business-with-trump-and-his-company

There is absolutely no truth to your statement that Trump "stiffed the banks" to the point of them not lending him money. There are many that still lend him money...Unfounded, blanket statements like that make you look ludicrous. And believe me, your posting this item here was nothing more than a continuation of your old policies of left-wing posting. Welcome back, Bill.....

• Members
5 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

There is absolutely no truth to your statement that Trump "stiffed the banks" to the point of them not lending him money. There are many that still lend him money...Unfounded, blanket statements like that make you look ludicrous. And believe me, your posting this item here was nothing more than a continuation of your old policies of left-wing posting. Welcome back, Bill.....

The American banks stopped lending to him and his company. He turned to Deutsche Bank and when they turned away from him the Russians stepped in and helped him. Russian money helped him in the 2016 campaign. 

In truth Trump was all but finished as a major real-estate developer, in the eyes of many in the business, and that’s because the U.S. banking industry was pretty much finished with him.https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/12/21/how-russian-money-helped-save-trumps-business/

Despite decades of default worries, lawsuits, and acrimony, Deutsche Bank officials are said to have ignored deep internal concerns about Donald Trump and his finances and loaned him billions of dollars and introduced him to wealthy investors—including Russians—who were looking to keep their real-estate dealings anonymous.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/deutsche-bank-helped-trump-link-with-rich-russians-for-anonymous-real-estate-deals-dark-towers-book-alleges

Trump’s campaign to win the presidency required money, as did the Kremlin’s campaign to help him. While these two campaigns aligned in their goal—Trump’s victory3—overt monetary contributions from Russia would have drawn regulatory scrutiny, not to mention public ire. Any financial support from abroad, therefore, would have had to be creatively obscured.

https://www.americanprogress.org/article/following-the-money/

• Members
10 minutes ago, Razor said:

The American banks stopped lending to him and his company. He turned to Deutsche Bank and when they turned away from him the Russians stepped in and helped him. Russian money helped him in the 2016 campaign. 

In truth Trump was all but finished as a major real-estate developer, in the eyes of many in the business, and that’s because the U.S. banking industry was pretty much finished with him.https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/12/21/how-russian-money-helped-save-trumps-business/

Despite decades of default worries, lawsuits, and acrimony, Deutsche Bank officials are said to have ignored deep internal concerns about Donald Trump and his finances and loaned him billions of dollars and introduced him to wealthy investors—including Russians—who were looking to keep their real-estate dealings anonymous.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/deutsche-bank-helped-trump-link-with-rich-russians-for-anonymous-real-estate-deals-dark-towers-book-alleges

Trump’s campaign to win the presidency required money, as did the Kremlin’s campaign to help him. While these two campaigns aligned in their goal—Trump’s victory3—overt monetary contributions from Russia would have drawn regulatory scrutiny, not to mention public ire. Any financial support from abroad, therefore, would have had to be creatively obscured.

https://www.americanprogress.org/article/following-the-money/

More left wing garbage from Bill..UGH! American Progress is owned by the PROGRESSIVES...Go figure that Bill would post more left-wing junk. You have no real substantive answers...you're only able to continue to spout the leftist talking points. What a shame. You've continued to show your true colors.

• Members
25 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

More left wing garbage from Bill..UGH! American Progress is owned by the PROGRESSIVES...Go figure that Bill would post more left-wing junk. You have no real substantive answers...you're only able to continue to spout the leftist talking points. What a shame. You've continued to show your true colors.

You are so good at attempted insults and deflecting away from the topic, but a total failure in backing up your comments with credible sources. 

How about backing up your opinions. Say what you mean, but don't be mean when you say it. Remember it takes rain to raise flowers, thunder does nothing to help them. 

Now, please give me some credible sources and stop hiding. Thanks. 

• Members
29 minutes ago, Razor said:

You are so good at attempted insults and deflecting away from the topic, but a total failure in backing up your comments with credible sources. 

How about backing up your opinions. Say what you mean, but don't be mean when you say it. Remember it takes rain to raise flowers, thunder does nothing to help them. 

Now, please give me some credible sources and stop hiding. Thanks. 

You're the one who came here spewing the liberal lefts talking points...It's up to YOU to prove your point with CREDIBLE sites...not the liberal-government-bought-and-paid-for sources you've used in your time here. When you can post credible sources from both right and left, maybe some here will take you seriously. Otherwise, you're nothing more than the troll some of us suspect you of being. Your attempt at deflecting back to me using the things I've pointed out about your posting is hilarious...Thanks again, Bill. Have a nice day. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

You're the one who came here spewing the liberal lefts talking points...It's up to YOU to prove your point with CREDIBLE sites...not the liberal-government-bought-and-paid-for sources you've used in your time here. When you can post credible sources from both right and left, maybe some here will take you seriously. Otherwise, you're nothing more than the troll some of us suspect you of being. Your attempt at deflecting back to me using the things I've pointed out about your posting is hilarious...Thanks again, Bill. Have a nice day. 

And you are the one who does not agree. So you have to prove where I am wrong. I stand correct until you come up with real information. Opinion won't cut it. 

Speaking of trolling. Seem you troll the entire board to respond to anything I post. That is real trolling. ROFL.

Your intellectual dishonesty is amazing. 

Now, again, how about giving us some real thoughts backed up with something other than your opinion. 

• Members
Just now, Razor said:

And you are the one who does not agree. So you have to prove where I am wrong. I stand correct until you come up with real information. Opinion won't cut it. 

Speaking of trolling. Seem you troll the entire board to respond to anything I post. That is real trolling. ROFL.

Your intellectual dishonesty is amazing. 

Now, again, how about giving us some real thoughts backed up with something other than your opinion. 

The ball is in your court since you started this. You've yet to prove one single thing you've posted. I can go back and see a whole slew of posts where all you've posted is "I disagree" with nothing to back it up. Please, practice what you preach. Besides, I thought you had put me on "ignore." Prevarication seems to be your MO. Have fun.

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

The ball is in your court since you started this. You've yet to prove one single thing you've posted. I can go back and see a whole slew of posts where all you've posted is "I disagree" with nothing to back it up. Please, practice what you preach. Besides, I thought you had put me on "ignore." Prevarication seems to be your MO. Have fun.

Troll Tony,

You are all smoke and no fire. All fluff and no substance. You make me think of Jen Lancaster who wrote of herself. Like a teenager you are bombastic, but have no substance. 

The Tao of Jen was very much the Tao of hiding everything that didn't look good. The Tao of Jen is wearing a cocktail dress with underwear with holes in it. The Tao of Jen is all style and no substance. - Author: Jen Lancaster

Actually you give me too many belly laughs to just ignore you. Laughter is good for a person's health. 

Tell me, if you were a banker, would you lend Trump or the Trump organization money?

• Members
1 hour ago, Razor said:

Troll Tony,

You are all smoke and no fire. All fluff and no substance. You make me think of Jen Lancaster who wrote of herself. Like a teenager you are bombastic, but have no substance. 

The Tao of Jen was very much the Tao of hiding everything that didn't look good. The Tao of Jen is wearing a cocktail dress with underwear with holes in it. The Tao of Jen is all style and no substance. - Author: Jen Lancaster

Actually you give me too many belly laughs to just ignore you. Laughter is good for a person's health. 

Tell me, if you were a banker, would you lend Trump or the Trump organization money?

Your attempts at intimidation don't bother me. In fact....from now on I'm using the Biblical approach to you. The Bible tells us that people who act like fools need to be avoided....so have fun posting back. You'll receive no further response from me. That will help expose who the stalker is.

Proverbs 26:4-5 King James Version 4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. 5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

• Members
2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Your attempts at intimidation don't bother me. In fact....from now on I'm using the Biblical approach to you. The Bible tells us that people who act like fools need to be avoided....so have fun posting back. You'll receive no further response from me. That will help expose who the stalker is.

Proverbs 26:4-5 King James Version 4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. 5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

Yes, there is a reason I should avoid you. Thanks for reminding me.

• Administrators

These types of actions are not uncommon for banks to do for business men. I have a feeling he's been turned down and lost bank account many times in his business ventures.

The issue I have is this articles starts of by saying "A Florida bank announced Thursday that it has closed down former President Trump’s account, joining a growing list of entities that have cut ties with the former president following the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot."   The J6 is not what any of the comments are about here. I'm confused as to what we are talking about here.