• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christians that don’t party…

• Members

You need to be careful with blanket statements, as there are parties that should be steered clear of. If there is immorality, drunkeness, wild behaviors, etc.. then it is not a good party. Now, I do agree that if it is a good party, friendships made, family coming together to celebrate something good and wholesome, having an enjoyable time together, etc., then that's all fine. 

• Members
7 hours ago, E Morales said:

It’s okay to party and have a good time, enjoy life, enjoy everything that is good. Don’t be like the Jehovah witness, that don’t celebrate Christmas, but take the gifts.  : )

"Party" carries negative connotations. "Celebrate" or even "fellowship" is a better word. When I hear "party" I think of immorality, fornication, "one-nighters", drugs and alcohol.

• Members
8 hours ago, E Morales said:

It’s okay to party and have a good time, enjoy life, enjoy everything that is good. Don’t be like the Jehovah witness, that don’t celebrate Christmas, but take the gifts.  : )

There is a huge difference in partying and celebrating. May I ask one question? Why do you always seem to see the negative things in life? Most "partying" is negative, while celebration is usually in a positive light. One can actually do either without partaking of drugs and alcohol...it's just the terminology. 

8 hours ago, E Morales said:

This is not the COVID page.

Covid isn't the main portion of Jerry's post...it's your continued negative posting on the forums. You seem to have a knack for negativity.

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

There is a huge difference in partying and celebrating. May I ask one question? Why do you always seem to see the negative things in life? Most "partying" is negative, while celebration is usually in a positive light. One can actually do either without partaking of drugs and alcohol...it's just the terminology. 

Covid isn't the main portion of Jerry's post...it's your continued negative posting on the forums. You seem to have a knack for negativity.

Many people live their lives in a tight rope, this is why they’re all stressed out, there are clean ways of having a party without alcohol or any other illegal or illegal drinks. And there are those replying for others posts, not their just adding more stress to them selves. Amazing 

Edited by E Morales

• Members
12 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Many people live their lives in a tight rope, this is why they’re all stressed out, there are clean ways of having a party without alcohol or any other illegal or illegal drinks. And there are those replying for others posts, not their just adding more stress to them selves. Amazing 

LOL...You truly are a trip...If you don't want replies...don't post...I didn't see any person specifically addressed...and believe me, it's no stress for me to address you...that should be obvious by now. You seem to be the one stressed by continuing to "poke the bear". AMAZING! ? Hope you're having a good day, Morales. 

• Members

Isaiah 22:13 And behold joy and gladness, slaying oxen, and killing sheep, eating flesh, and drinking wine: let us eat and drink; for to morrow we shall die.

Luke 12:19-20 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

Not all "parties" are evil - depending upon what type of party, obviously (but to clarify, the Bible never said Jesus went to parties); however, the initial post basically indicated comproming celebrations.

• Members
2 hours ago, E Morales said:

Yes, I don’t understand people go to Christian concerts, why not go to a Christian party. 

What's wrong with Christian concerts? Do they even have the OPTION of going to a Christian party? Questions, questions. ?