• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dad I quit smoking I just Vape now…

Go to solution Solved by HappyChristian,

• Members
3 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

It's foolishness because it popcorns the lung. But if the person is an adult, there's not much to do about it.

I quite agree...I have two brothers and a sister who vape...the sister smoked for years, then quit, but because they gave her the vape Medical Mary Jane, she started vaping. It's affected her lungs. The two brothers used to be smokers, and they both have lung issues, are now vapers...but they know that their lungs have been greatly affected...still they do the vape. 

Edited by BrotherTony

• 1 year later...
  • Members
On 1/10/2022 at 12:29 PM, TheGloryLand said:

What will you tell a person that quit smoking cigarettes, and now, started vaping. Is it okay 

One of my sons, started to Vape. Young adults, making wrong decisions. He not in fellowship at this time. The Lords know, 3 out of 4 of my kids are not focusing in Christianity lifestyle, at this moment. Keep them in prayer for me. Tattoos and more. This is happening all over BT. That’s why some of my post sounds negative. Satan, is attacking our Youth like never before, in my opinion. Many brothers and sisters just stay quiet, for they are ashamed. I’m not, like you mentioned BT, God is still in control. 

• Members
3 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

One of my sons, started to Vape. Young adults, making wrong decisions. He not in fellowship at this time. The Lords know, 3 out of 4 of my kids are not focusing in Christianity lifestyle, at this moment. Keep them in prayer for me. Tattoos and more. This is happening all over BT. That’s why some of my post sounds negative. Satan, is attacking our Youth like never before, in my opinion. Many brothers and sisters just stay quiet, for they are ashamed. I’m not, like you mentioned BT, God is still in control. 

Nearly all of my nieces and nephews have nose rings, tattoos, strange haircuts, and hair coloring. Those things are minor. Granted, I truly am not in favor of these things, but, I don't answer for their actions. They ask my advice, and I give them my 2 cents worth. One niece who is in the armed forces has tattoos all down her left arm...I can understand why she has them...her first husband who was in the service with her, got drunk one night, was playing cards and acting a fool, and tried to kill her, shooting her in the arm, neck, and chest. She recently got remarried to another man in the armed forces, and in her wedding pictures, against the wedding dress, these tats were very visible. Many of them used to smoke and now vape. Believe me, it's NOT a safer option...it does more damage to the lungs and throat than smoking a cigarette does. I would prefer they do neither. Now, concerning your posts sounding negative, it's just that, if you truly read your own posts, they are focusing on the negative things in life. Even if one is posting things that are distasteful, there are positive ways of doing so. 

I will definitely be in prayer for your children...though I have no biological children, I did help raise other people's kids and raised several foster children over the years. I know the concern for our children, just as you do. It's always a good thing to be bold about the things of God. 

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Nearly all of my nieces and nephews have nose rings, tattoos, strange haircuts, and hair coloring. Those things are minor. Granted, I truly am not in favor of these things, but, I don't answer for their actions. They ask my advice, and I give them my 2 cents worth. One niece who is in the armed forces has tattoos all down her left arm...I can understand why she has them...her first husband who was in the service with her, got drunk one night, was playing cards and acting a fool, and tried to kill her, shooting her in the arm, neck, and chest. She recently got remarried to another man in the armed forces, and in her wedding pictures, against the wedding dress, these tats were very visible. Many of them used to smoke and now vape. Believe me, it's NOT a safer option...it does more damage to the lungs and throat than smoking a cigarette does. I would prefer they do neither. Now, concerning your posts sounding negative, it's just that, if you truly read your own posts, they are focusing on the negative things in life. Even if one is posting things that are distasteful, there are positive ways of doing so. 

I will definitely be in prayer for your children...though I have no biological children, I did help raise other people's kids and raised several foster children over the years. I know the concern for our children, just as you do. It's always a good thing to be bold about the things of God. 

Thanks for all the prayers. Our children’s, truly are not ours, but His. They will have to deal with their own salvation, and consequences. For in serving the Lord, there is no inheritance, for salvation.