• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

When Nice Countries Fight

Razor

• Members
26 minutes ago, E Morales said:

I'm not sure what is going on around the world, but its not normal, something is going on. Ozone or not

Temperatures change every day...sometimes drastically. We had 76 degrees here for several days, and then 4+ inches of snow and 1/4" of ice as well....It was only 28 degrees yesterday...and it's 11 right now...Tomorrow is supposed to hit 50. So? I thought this thread was about "nice countries fighting." Canada tries to ACT polite, but they're not as polite as many think. When I was there for a summer working with the Indian population near Dryden, Ontario, the Indians were polite, but the people of the city weren't. Overall, in my days in Canada over the 45 years I went there on a continuing basis, I would have to say that only about 35% of the people were nice. Most are like they are here in the states. And, many there don't seem to like the people of the United States. Not all...but many.

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Razor, Bill...or whatever you're calling yourself these days...there hasn't been significant enough of a change in temperature for anything to be classified as "global warming." You can keep posting "science" pieces...but you'll probably find that few will agree with you. Though interesting at times, they're all conjecture, and USUALLY incorrect. Sad, really. 

Daily temperature swings of tens of degrees at a given location are common weather-driven events. But historically, when measurements of the daily high and low temperatures from many thousands of locations all over the world are averaged together over a whole year, the Earth's annual average temperature fluctuated by no more than a few tenths of a degree from year to year. In a geological context, a global-scale warming of 1.8°F (1°C) in less than 150 years is an unusually large temperature change in a relatively short span of time.

It's also important to recognize that Earth is not warming uniformly, nor is it expected to. Middle and high latitudes in general will warm more than the tropics, and land surface temperatures will rise more than ocean temperatures. Over the long term, land masses at the latitude of the United States are expected to warm much more than the global average. If global warming continues at an increasing rate, in several decades the world is likely to be warmer than it's been for over a million years, with unpredictable consequences for humans and the natural resources we depend on.

IPCC projections

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/global-warming-18°-f-1°-c-seems-small-so-why-change-global-temperature

• Members

What? More mindless drivel from a .gov site? Sorry...I don't accept much if anything the GOVERNMENT scientists say as fact anymore. They've lied far too often. Also, remember that Al Gore, Clinton, Obama, and now Biden are basically trying to get us to believe the whole world is going to burn up since it's ALL having the temps rise....Contradictory statements make people lose faith in "science," and GOVERNMENT. Also please take not of the referral to the climate change being the biggest change in over a million years....FALSE SCIENCE doesn't help your cause, Bill.

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members

I’m neutral and not one sided. We must be open to any mayor changes for the best of the humanity. Pollution never did well, anywhere so far. So we all know that it is world problem. Cleaning up after are self, is a good start. Those that don’t, will suffer in their own Countries. Look at China and México Cities, they are having a hard time just breathing. US does not have to pay or take lead. Everyone to their own, we are no longer the world police.

• Members
48 minutes ago, E Morales said:

I’m neutral and not one sided. We must be open to any mayor changes for the best of the humanity. Pollution never did well, anywhere so far. So we all know that it is world problem. Cleaning up after are self, is a good start. Those that don’t, will suffer in their own Countries. Look at China and México Cities, they are having a hard time just breathing. US does not have to pay or take lead. Everyone to their own, we are no longer the world police.

Years ago I read that simply breathing in many Chinese cities is like smoking two or more packs of cigarettes a day and that over 25% of all deaths are related to lung diseases. 

• Members
Just now, Razor said:

Years ago I read that simply breathing in many Chinese cities is like smoking two or more packs of cigarettes a day and that over 25% of all deaths are related to lung diseases. 

Now, this I could probably agree with. Some of my relatives worked in companies that had divisions in China, and they told us that the air was worse than that in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego and many other cities in the states.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Thanks, PastorMatt! I needed that laugh! ?

Can you imagine if OB was around when these articles was published? These doomsdayers would be posting these articles on here as "fact".

I read the back of the book so I know how the earth ends.