• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tithing in the last days...

• Members
1 hour ago, E Morales said:

Regarding tithing, look at it this way, if you were in prison for 50 years, how important is it that you tithe why you are there. What is more important, is this person coming to Christ, and sharing his life in Communion, with Him. 

Prison is a whole different ballgame....poor argument in this case.

• Members

Doesn't matter where you are - if you have no income, guess what? No tithe.

If you are faithful to Christ, tithe where you are at if you are meeting with other believers regularly somewhere, tithe there, even if it is to a prison chaplain (if you do somehow get an income).

Funny how those who say we don't need to tithe because all we have is the Lord's anyway never give even ten percent on the average. How is that giving the Lord all you have?...

• Members
On 1/11/2022 at 2:41 AM, Razor said:

Did God every tell anyone not to tithe?

If you want to play that game, in the New Testament people sold ALL that they had and laid it at the Apostles feet. Go to your church this Sunday and give literally every dollar you own, and then I will respect your consistency, after all, did God ever tell anyone not to give everything they have to the church? 

• Members
22 minutes ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

If you want to play that game, in the New Testament people sold ALL that they had and laid it at the Apostles feet. Go to your church this Sunday and give literally every dollar you own, and then I will respect your consistency, after all, did God ever tell anyone not to give everything they have to the church? 

Commune-ism, though they did not know the word, did not work for them and has and never will work. Note, I did not say communism, I said commune-ism.

Also, Communism has never worked and never will. 

Edited by Razor

• Members
17 minutes ago, Razor said:

Commune-ism, though they did not know the word, did not work for them and has and never will work. Note, I did not say communism, I said commune-ism.

Also, Communism has never worked and never will. 

Semantics again...variation of the same word...Whose eyes are you trying to pull the wool over, Bill?

• Members
1 hour ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

Since when is discussing Scripture playing a game?

SOME in the first century sold all their possessions (and pf their own free will), not all. You are being a hypocrite - you wouldn't be able to type on these boards if you sold all your possessions, including your computers and mobile devices.

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Semantics again...variation of the same word...Whose eyes are you trying to pull the wool over, Bill?

ROFL. So you do not know the difference between the two words. There is a huge difference. You can do your own research and learn. 

• Members
31 minutes ago, Razor said:

ROFL. So you do not know the difference between the two words. There is a huge difference. You can do your own research and learn. 

You're taking this thread off topic again...Please, try to keep up. ?

• Members
10 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

You're taking this thread off topic again...Please, try to keep up. ?

Not at all. I was replying to Jerry...on topic. But the Commune-ism in the New Testament did not work. Do some research. You tried to take it off topic by playing the semantics card. However you were wrong in not knowing the meanings of the two words. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, Razor said:

Not at all. I was replying to Jerry...on topic. But the Commune-ism in the New Testament did not work. Do some research. You tried to take it off topic by playing the semantics card. However you were wrong in not knowing the meanings of the two words. 

Your reply to me on the semantics was a defiinite attempt...especially when you tried to make yourself look more intelligent by deflecting and trying to tell me to do more research. You're proving to me more and more that you're the reincarnation of Bouncing Bill...Thanks, Bill. Now, back to our regularly scheduled tithing conversation. 

• Members

If you are referring to the Christians in the book of Acts selling their possessions and giving as their brethren had needs, there is nothing in the NT that shows it in a negative light, so to say it has not or never will work just doesn't line up with the Bible. No, I am not pushing it, but I do not see God or the Apostles speaking against what the new church did in the book of Acts, but rather are commended for their sacrificial giving.

• Members
7 minutes ago, Jerry said:

If you are referring to the Christians in the book of Acts selling their possessions and giving as their brethren had needs, there is nothing in the NT that shows it in a negative light, so to say it has not or never will work just doesn't line up with the Bible. No, I am not pushing it, but I do not see God or the Apostles speaking against what the new church did in the book of Acts, but rather are commended for their sacrificial giving.

I would have to agree with that assessment.

• 3 months later...
  • Members
On 1/12/2022 at 4:02 PM, BrotherTony said:

I would have to agree with that assessment.

I running into more and more brothers  in Christ that don’t give all the tithe to the church anymore. They give to their church, and else where, their tithes. I told them, I do the same. If there something that the Lord puts into our heart to give and help, I’m going too. The truth in my opinion, churches are fallen short to their duty’s, not all churches Brother Tony, I’m not using a wide brush here, but many. Give with a cheerful heart, and that’s what I’m doing.

• Members

I don't know of many of the Christians who tithe that don't give it all to the church. Offerings, on the other hand are given either to the church, missionaries, childrens ministries, etc. If you are associating with people who don't tithe to their churches, maybe you need to be associating with different people who DO.