• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tithing in the last days...

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, E Morales said:

I don't understand, Today's church has replaced Israel in tithing. Aren't they still living the Old Testament

Can you provide Scripture showing that the church has replaced Israel?

• Members
15 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Can you provide Scripture showing that the church has replaced Israel?

The only one that comes to my mind is, The promise made to Abraham, the church, is the body of true believers. Will christians replace the chosen ones, no. God is still working with them. There is no replacing, your are saved by faith in the son. 

• Members

Giving 10% is a good place to start but I do not believe it's a commandment to the church. If you want to get strict about it the Jews actually gave more than 10% and they only gave three times a year. Nobody seems to be demanding Christians follow that.

Give what you can from 1% to 100% but give it with a cheerful heart.

• Members

I have never heard that before - either way they were to bring ALL the tithes into the storehouse - so whether they gave it each week, or saved it up to bring to the temple three times a year, it was still 10 percent.

Again, tithing and freewill offerings are mentioned in both testaments, so therefore yes, the Jews did give more than 10%. 10% tithing, and whatever else they gave of their free will.

1 hour ago, E Morales said:

When does this application happens, when He said, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come. Was He talking about the first or second coming.

Paul was talking about him coming to them, not the Lord.

• Members
13 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I have never heard that before - either way they were to bring ALL the tithes into the storehouse - so whether they gave it each week, or saved it up to bring to the temple three times a year, it was still 10 percent.

Again, tithing and freewill offerings are mentioned in both testaments, so therefore yes, the Jews did give more than 10%. 10% tithing, and whatever else they gave of their free will.

Paul was talking about him coming to them, not the Lord.

Paul was talking about him coming to them, not the Lord. Interesting, I heard preached, that it was the Lord saying. 

• Administrators
On 1/5/2022 at 3:07 PM, BrotherTony said:

The Bible says to bring the tithes into the storehouse/church. 

Malachi 3:10, KJV: "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

Your church is not the storehouse. The Temple storehouse in the OT was attached to the Temple. Equating the Temple storehouse to your church is man made replacement Theology.

Jesus talks about people tithing. And I believe it's still a command for Christians. Even if it weren't, it would be a good practice for them, as I believe it increases the blessing of God as we show our faithfulness. It's all HIS anyhow. He could take it all away at any time. I don't believe that giving it to someone else or splitting it between God and someone else would be a wise practice It would be like robbing God. You could give a gift to that person, but, don't steal from God to do it.

Can you provide a Scripture showing that Jesus commanded Christians to tithe?

Malachi 3:8-12

King James Version

8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

When tithing is brought up, someone always drags out this verse, implying that if you don't tithe you are robbing God. If you read through the whole of Malachi in context you will see that it was the priests that were robbing God, not the people.

Malachi 2:1 (KJV) And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.

9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

• Members
9 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I've heard it said it's replacement theology, but yet, I've never had anyone prove it. I've also heard the "storehouse" preached several different ways...yet nobody has really presented it clearly...Care to explain both of these fully, Jim? It would be appreciated. I'm just presenting the prevailing view. Doesn't mean that I hold to it. But, maybe your further explanation would hlep. Thanks. ?

• Members
9 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Should a christian tithe to a church that he or she is a member of, even if they are not managing it well. Leave the church quietly, find a church that is not self center only. This is a big problem today, we are living in a material world. Even in some churches. Or just keep tithing blindly, let God take care of it.

• Members
45 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Should a christian tithe to a church that he or she is a member of, even if they are not managing it well. Leave the church quietly, find a church that is not self center only. This is a big problem today, we are living in a material world. Even in some churches. Or just keep tithing blindly, let God take care of it.

In a Baptist church, use your influence to ensure money is used well. 

• Members
29 minutes ago, Razor said:

In a Baptist church, use your influence to ensure money is used well. 

That can put a X on you, in some cases, I seen. You kinda become a trouble maker, like many see you and myself here, on this forum. They don't like to hear it, they are not bad people, just have it their own ways. Not open for changing, good or bad. I'm not picking on anyone, for we all are believers.

• Members
7 minutes ago, E Morales said:

That can put a X on you, in some cases, I seen. You kinda become a trouble maker, like many see you and myself here, on this forum. They don't like to hear it, they are not bad people, just have it their own ways. Not open for changing, good or bad. I'm not picking on anyone, for we all are believers.

The only one I can see that isn't open for change, Morales, is you. But, that's okay. At least we don't prevaricate about you like you do us. The Bible tells us to "mark those who cause division," and that's all some of us have done is mark those who like to prevaricate and divide. 

• Members
6 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

The only one I can see that isn't open for change, Morales, is you. But, that's okay. At least we don't prevaricate about you like you do us. The Bible tells us to "mark those who cause division," and that's all some of us have done is mark those who like to prevaricate and divide. 

Lord, those are casting out evil in your name. Should we rebuke them? you can finish the rest of the sentence for me.

• Members
28 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Lord, those are casting out evil in your name. Should we rebuke them? you can finish the rest of the sentence for me.

Care to clarify your statement? You're not making much sense. Besides, what has this got to do with tithing or the last days?

• Members
2 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Care to clarify your statement? You're not making much sense. Besides, what has this got to do with tithing or the last days?

Sure, in Jesus days, his students, with Him  ask about others preaching and doing things in His name. Christ did not put a X on those.

• Members
2 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Sure, in Jesus days, his students, with Him  ask about others preaching and doing things in His name. Christ did not put a X on those.

Basically the Lord stated that those who weren't against them were for them. And whoever wasn't against him were for him. We don't have to agree with everyone on everything, but I don't believe we should trash someones ministry over secondary and tertiary issues.