• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The All About Jesus Thread

• Members
If you had to choose one word or phrase from the Gospels that described something about Jesus Himself or something He did during His ministry that you found so encouraging or faith strengthening, what would it be?

Two things come to mind as I type this:

1) Many times in the Gospels it says that Jesus “had compassion” on those around Him. My favourite example of this is the healing of the leper in Mark 1:40-42. I actually wrote a song (lyrics anyway) about that passage. Be Thou Clean

Mark 1:40-42 And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean. And as soon as he had spoken, immediately the leprosy departed from him, and he was cleansed.

2) The word “immediately”. Many times someone came to Jesus or something happened around Him, and immediately He helped or resolved the situation or crisis. Like Peter coming out to Jesus on the water, starting to sink and crying out, and immediately Jesus helped him.

Matthew 14:29-31 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

If you can’t think of a word or phrase, how about something Jesus did or something the Bible says about Him. You don't need to find or quote the specific passage, unless you choose to do so.

• Members

Philippians 2:5-8 -- "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

Matthew 11:29-30 -- "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly of heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."