• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Crock pot recipes

• Members

Do Americans always use soup mixes in their recipes? Canned potatoes? Can't think of anything worse.

We tend to be lazy and in a rush when we cook. :sad

I do so miss the old ones and the wonderful meals they would put on the table that were made from scratch and used real ingredients and real food.

• Members

I mainly got interested in cooking when I saw a TV programme where certain packet sauces were tested.

The presenting chef said some were good, some were mediocre, and some were just awful. He said that none took less that 10 minutes to prepare and cook, and some took up to 30."and" he said "I can cook a whole meal in 3 minutes." The result was Courgettes Proven

• Members

Here is one that doesn't use any powdered soup.

I'll give amounts, but I don't measure or weigh this, just add bits as I think fit.

You will need:
100 gr 4 oz Lardons or bacon sliced thickly and cut into strips or diced, I prefer it smoked.
8 oz small onions, peeled. Best if you have silverskin onions, next pickling onions or shallots, or larger onions cut into about 4-8.
750g 1

I like the powdered soup but to each their own. The faster the better for me because I have two small children and I don't like spending all of my time in the kitchen so whatever is fastest but tastes good. I also fix my Chili beans in the crock pot put 2 lbs of turkey burger(we like turkey burger instead of hamburger whichever you would like) not cooked, 2 cans of Kidney beans, 2 cans of tomatoes, and the chili seasoning. Cook for about 6 hrs. it tastes great and I get alot of compliments.