• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

2022 It's time to become a true Independent Fundamental Baptist

Go to solution Solved by BrotherTony,

• Members

Stop seeking those easy to go churches, those that have more bibles and translations that are pleasing to the ears. Those churches, that have those Million of dollars fund raisers. Those churches that are slowly turning gay. There are many that need to repent and turn back to the true bible preaching church. Come back this 2022

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

holy spirit dancing GIF 

• Members
9 hours ago, E Morales said:

Stop seeking those easy to go churches, those that have more bibles and translations that are pleasing to the ears. Those churches, that have those Million of dollars fund raisers. Those churches that are slowly turning gay. There are many that need to repent and turn back to the true bible preaching church. Come back this 2022

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

holy spirit dancing GIF 

I hate to break it to you...but Independent Fundamental Baptist churches don't ALL preach the truth...and they aren't the only ones who do either....

• Administrators

And I hate to break it to you Bro. Tony, but not all that claim to be "Independent Fundamental Baptist churches", are. Anyone can claim to be anything, doesn't mean that they actually are.

You can put any name you want on a church, but if it doesn't preach the truth, it is not a church on the order of the church that Jesus instituted.

• Members

Are the Southern Baptist still strong today, compared to its roots 25 years ago, Bro.Tony. 
Their preaching, not their membership. Have they open up to woman preachers and gay marriage yet, and quiet to abortions. I wonder how much of that 140 millions of dollars really reach mission. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

And I hate to break it to you Bro. Tony, but not all that claim to be "Independent Fundamental Baptist churches", are. Anyone can claim to be anything, doesn't mean that they actually are.

I'm aware of that fact. Remember, Brother, I have been in ministry, too.  ?

2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

You can put any name you want on a church, but if it doesn't preach the truth, it is not a church on the order of the church that Jesus instituted.

True. I've seen some Independent Bible churches that are more "Baptistic" than some "Baptist" churches I've been in. Also several Congregationalist (Independent) as well. The name doesn't matter. The doctrine does.

• Members
  • Solution
1 hour ago, E Morales said:

Are the Southern Baptist still strong today, compared to its roots 25 years ago, Bro.Tony. 
Their preaching, not their membership. Have they open up to woman preachers and gay marriage yet, and quiet to abortions. I wonder how much of that 140 millions of dollars really reach mission. 

There ARE strong SBC churches today...Implications and ACCUSATIONS from IFB preachers who try to imply there aren't are fictitious at best. They paint with the same broad brush that some here paint the SBC churches with. Just as with the IFB churches, just because a church fellowships with the SBC doesn't make them a Southern Baptist Church. The SBC IS NOT a denomination...but a group of churches who cooperate in their quest to get missionaries to the missionfield. No church or organization supported by the SB churches has any say over any other church. They all have their own autonomy. I'll ask the same thing back Morales...how many IFB churches have women preachers, gay marriage and quiet abortions?? You're going to paint yourself into a corner with that wide brush you're using!

• Members
9 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

There ARE strong SBC churches today...Implications and ACCUSATIONS from IFB preachers who try to imply there aren't are fictitious at best. They paint with the same broad brush that some here paint the SBC churches with. Just as with the IFB churches, just because a church fellowships with the SBC doesn't make them a Southern Baptist Church. The SBC IS NOT a denomination...but a group of churches who cooperate in their quest to get missionaries to the missionfield. No church or organization supported by the SB churches has any say over any other church. They all have their own autonomy. I'll ask the same thing back Morales...how many IFB churches have women preachers, gay marriage and quiet abortions?? You're going to paint yourself into a corner with that wide brush you're using!

No doubt there are strong SBC churches but I think you'll see these churches start dropping any affiliation with SBC. The SBC down the road which was built in 1854 just broke off any affiliation and is IFB now.

Edited by SureWord

• Members
4 hours ago, SureWord said:

No doubt there are strong SBC churches but I think you'll see these churches start dropping any affiliation with SBC. The SBC down the road which was built in 1854 just broke off any affiliation and is IFB now.

Where do you get that information? I see many of the strong SBC churches fighting to stay with the SBC and to turn the SBC around. It's truly funny to see outsiders making predictions when they're not involved in the SBC in any way, shape, or fashion. 

• Members
4 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Where do you get that information? I see many of the strong SBC churches fighting to stay with the SBC and to turn the SBC around. It's truly funny to see outsiders making predictions when they're not involved in the SBC in any way, shape, or fashion. 

Outsiders sometimes can see better then the insiders, for many follow traditions of man. And cannot see. Like some Independent Baptist churches are changing their names, also removing the word Fundamentalist. Seeking  to gain the more, more  membership. More members, more money. You are right in that not all that say their Independent Baptist, are today.

• Members
1 hour ago, E Morales said:

Outsiders sometimes can see better then the insiders, for many follow traditions of man. And cannot see. Like some Independent Baptist churches are changing their names, also removing the word Fundamentalist. Seeking  to gain the more, more  membership. More members, more money. You are right in that not all that say their Independent Baptist, are today.

You're avoiding answering, Morales....Apparently you have no information available, once again, and are posting on something you know nothing of. I've been on both sides, and still am very involved in working with some IFB ministries. 

• Members

Many who call themselves "Fundamental Baptist" don't entirely preach, teach and practice what most of us here would consider Biblical. Some are even downright evil. For this reason the World doesn't give the term "fundamentalist" a very good name. Unfortunately, I've had some very negative personal experiences with some of that crowd myself and I'll leave it at that for now.

2 peter 2:2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Most who use this forum appear to be Biblical in doctrine and we call ourselves "fundamental Baptists. But I would point out that the term "fundamental", though Biblical in principle, is not even in the Bible; sort of like "rapture" and "Bible" aren't I guess. And that is what we focus on; preaching, teaching and living Biblically, right? Therefore the term "fundamental", as a term, is not sacred to me anyway. I prefer the term "foundational", because that is rooted in the Bible.

Psalm 11:3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

Edited by heartstrings
Made a mistake, used wrong word

• Members
9 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

Many who call themselves "independent Baptist" don't entirely preach, teach and practice what most of us here would consider Biblical. Some are even downright evil. For this reason the World doesn't give the term "fundamentalist" a very good name. Unfortunately, I've had some very negative personal experiences with some of that crowd myself and I'll leave it at that for now.

2 peter 2:2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Most who use this forum appear to be Biblical in doctrine and we call ourselves "fundamental Baptists. But I would point out that the term "fundamental", though Biblical in principle, is not even in the Bible; sort of like "rapture" and "Bible" aren't I guess. And that is what we focus on; preaching, teaching and living Biblically, right? Therefore the term "fundamental", as a term, is not sacred to me anyway. I prefer the term "foundational", because that is rooted in the Bible.

Psalm 11:3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

Today remove fundamental, tomorrow remove the baptist name, from its church. Then slowly remove Holy, for the title on the Bible. Then we are in trouble...

• Administrators

I never even heard the phrase "fundamental" until I l left Alaska and moved south. The name I always heard was. "Independent Baptist". Even some of the colleges we learned at were called "Independent Baptist", without the word, "fundamental".

• Members
5 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I never even heard the phrase "fundamental" until I l left Alaska and moved south. The name I always heard was. "Independent Baptist". Even some of the colleges we learned at were called "Independent Baptist", without the word, "fundamental".

I heard fundamental, it was used because the baptist were starting to not agree, that every word written, was not the Word of God.

• Members

My guess is that most people who call themselves "fundamentalists" cannot give a clear, thought out definition of the term. I am also quite sure most have never heard of Milton and Lyman Steward, who there were, what they wrote and believed. 

I am sure they are some who can.

Edited by Razor
Correct a word