• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Brother-in-law, Terry Wood....

• Members

My brother-in-law, Terry Wood, coded in the hospital this morning. He's been fighting for his life after having Covid, and has been in the hospital for three months this week, on oxygen. They were going to move him to the rehab center last month, but he declined and they had to keep him. They discovered that he had become diabetic during his covid experience, and his blood sugar this morning was "off the charts" as the doctor told my sister in law. They have him stablized, but he is suffering from depression because of the duration of this experience. His kids are all out of their mind with worry, two living in Union, SC, and the other in Augusta, GA. His wife may have to file for FMLA to be available if anything else happens. Please keep him and Tammy in your prayers. We'd go down, but there wouldn't be any use in it at this point. Thanks in advance.

BT

• Members
12 minutes ago, Jerry said:

What is FMLA?

Praying.

The Family and Medical Leave Act....It gives caregivers and sick people time off to recover or help a family member who is sick. I had to use it just berore I went disabled in 2000. My wife had to use it and her STD when she was nearly killed in an accident in Dec of 2015. She was out of work for over 2 months.

• Members

I wish I was a better prayer warrior than I am - but I always pray better when something is brought to my attention or I am freshly reminded of it. So I am taking some initiative to strengthen my praying here.

How is Terry doing now? And how are you and your wife doing? (Don't feel like you need to reply to that here, just trying to remember the specific prayer requests you have brought up.)

• Members
11 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I wish I was a better prayer warrior than I am - but I always pray better when something is brought to my attention or I am freshly reminded of it. So I am taking some initiative to strengthen my praying here.

How is Terry doing now? And how are you and your wife doing? (Don't feel like you need to reply to that here, just trying to remember the specific prayer requests you have brought up.)

My BIL is still fighting. He coded out last week, and thankfully, he had removed his DNR order, otherwise he wouldn't be with us today. He's in a deep depression now and though still fighting, isn't recovering like he should. The doctors have told him he needed to be in rehab by now, and he didn't think that Terry was trying hard enough. At least this doctor is being truthful with him. I'm PMing you about what is going on with my wife and me. Thanks for asking.