• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"REPLENISH" the earth.....

• Members
21 minutes ago, Bro. West said:

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 2Pe 3:5
It was like a fishing bobbin, the flood with Noah the Earth was submerged. 9, And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. 20, Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered. Gen 7

You can not say the Earth was good here And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Gen 1:2 Does God create thing with form and void.

God create the Earth to be inhabited For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I [am] the LORD; and [there is] none else. Isa 45:18 You could not inhabit a earth that is without form and void and darkness. What happen?                                                   And to use Rom. 5: 12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Rom 5:12 as a proof text will not work because Satan sinned before this and was in Eden walking on stone of fire (Eze. 28). Wrong Eden Brother

Scriptures only give ONE Eden. They don't say that there are two...that an extra-Biblical doctrine. And the Bible is quite clear that the earth WAS INDEED without form and void and darkeness dwelt upon the face of the deep. There's no indication that an intelligent designer couldn't have surfaces below the water to be made to whatever specifications. This was one thing that led me to the conclusion that Ruckman was off his nut. He had to use extra-Biblical ideology to try to fit into his theology...that doesn't work. The Bible doesn't give  any indication of when the angels of Heaven were made...they could have been created BEFORE the heavens and the earth...the heavens doesn't necessarily mean HEAVEN...that abode could have been there LONG BEFORE the creation of the heavens and the earth, the angels along with it. God doesn't give us the answer to that, and it's wrong to try and put our own ideology into theology to make it fit our beliefs...that's called idolatry and heresy.

• Members

This start off making ae earth plasticine is private interpretation. God spoke and by his word the world came to be. He did not use divine silly putty. I see you write poems love to read them I have bring writing them for years and I put them in my weekly devotional.

• Members

Right - it was my attempt to give an illustration that fit the passage. God created the universe out of nothing, but He did not create it fully formed and full of life. He created it in stages, each day He did something new and different - separated the land and the sea, created the atmosphere, created the sun, moon, and stars, created plant and sea life, created bird and animal life, created mankind, etc. (This was not an attempt to quote the exact order of events.) At the end of each specific act of creation, He pronounced what He had done good, then at the end of the six days of creation, He pronounced all that He had done as very good.

• Members

6, Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened ? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 
    7, When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Job 38   

The sons of God were before the earth. I was checking out your site are you a Calvinist?

• Members

The context is referring to all the angels of God - which may refer to before the earth was created altogether (as some believe) or specifically before day three when the earth and the water were separated. See verse 4. (This is what I believe.)

Job 38:4-7 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Whenever that was**, none of the angels had fallen yet - only righteous or innocent beings are called sons of God. (Adam in Luke 3 because he was directly created by God, the angels who were individually created by God and before they fell, Jesus Christ the sinless son of God, and born again believers, who are individually recreated spiritually when they trust trust for salvation.)

**Like I stated above though, I believe this was just before day three, and none of the angels had fallen yet; therefore no sin anywhere in the universe during or prior to the creation week.

No, I am not a Calvinist in any way, shape or form - and how does that relate to anything being discussed here? I am sure that there are some Calvinists that do and some that do not believe in some form of the Gap theory.

• Members
14 hours ago, Jerry said:

The context is referring to all the angels of God - which may refer to before the earth was created altogether (as some believe) or specifically before day three when the earth and the water were separated. See verse 4. (This is what I believe.)

Job 38:4-7 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Whenever that was**, none of the angels had fallen yet - only righteous or innocent beings are called sons of God. (Adam in Luke 3 because he was directly created by God, the angels who were individually created by God and before they fell, Jesus Christ the sinless son of God, and born again believers, who are individually recreated spiritually when they trust trust for salvation.)

**Like I stated above though, I believe this was just before day three, and none of the angels had fallen yet; therefore no sin anywhere in the universe during or prior to the creation week.

No, I am not a Calvinist in any way, shape or form - and how does that relate to anything being discussed here? I am sure that there are some Calvinists that do and some that do not believe in some form of the Gap theory.

I do not know when the angels fell. And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Jud 1:6 and you have the angels or sons of God in Gen.6 ( and no they are not the sons of Seth). That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Gen 6:2 This along with the giants is a wild study. seeing that angels are not sexless but are always spoken of as male. This makes better entertainment than TV. enjoy

• Members

Sorry, I disagree. Either way, whatever happened in Genesis 6 was AFTER the events of creation week - so even if that passage was referring to some things fallen angels did after the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, that has no bearing on Genesis 1-5, and especially not on Genesis one and its use of the word replenish.

• 1 year later...
  • Members
On 12/4/2021 at 6:40 AM, Bro. West said:

I do not know when the angels fell. And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Jud 1:6 and you have the angels or sons of God in Gen.6 ( and no they are not the sons of Seth). That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Gen 6:2 This along with the giants is a wild study. seeing that angels are not sexless but are always spoken of as male. This makes better entertainment than TV. enjoy

Men "began to call upon the name of the Lord" in Genesis 4:26. (see also John 1:12 and Romans 10:14) The ones who did so, include the named individuals in Genesis 5 who were also ancestors in the lineage of Christ (Luke 3:36-38), Then Genesis 6 is subesquently a continuation and summary of the individuals and events in Genesis 4 and 5.. Genesis six then says that God destroyed the world because of four(4) things.

1 The wickedness of MAN was great

2 His imagination was on evil continually(MAN's)

#3 Violence filled the earth (angels?)

#4 It repented Him that he had made MAN

It makes no mention of the sins of angels, Just man. And the Bible says that an angel cannot be a "son of God". Hebrews 1: 5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? Yes, angels did fall, but they are reserved in chains of darkness.

You mentioned Jude. Jude chapter 1 speaks of three(3) groups of sinners, and their sins, from the Old Testament:

The angels "despised dominion"

The Israelites "spoke evil of dignities" (Moses and God)

The Sodomites "went after strange flesh" (They were sexual perverts)

Then Jude makes the comparison that the "filthy dreamers" of Jude's time, were doing all three of these sins.

Where people get it wrong is they try to say that the angels mentioned in Jude were the ones "going after strange flesh" and ignore the fact that it was the homosexuals of Sodom who were doing that. They then use it to prove their "angel cohabiting with women" belief.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members
On 12/3/2021 at 1:22 PM, BrotherTony said:

The Oxford English Dictionary says that it means "to fill", not to REFILL....The English language wasn't even the same from the 1500's to the 1800s, which puts at question the definition in the Websters dictionary. Mr. Ruckman, Larkin, and others are incorrect in believing there was a pre-Adamic race and that the world needed to be reconstructed. Otherwise God couldn't have thought that all he had created each day "was good." That would have been negated by the former world had there been one, which there wasn't.

Also, there is no such word as "plenish" therefore it cannot be re"plenished". Replenish stands alone as you explain above.

Edited by Joe Chandler

• Members
On 5/17/2023 at 12:02 AM, Joe Chandler said:

Also, there is no such word as "plenish" therefore it cannot be re"plenished". Replenish stands alone as you explain above.

Root word is plenty as in you have a plentiful supply. When your plenty is diminished you will need to replenish. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=replenish

The command, in verse 28, was evidently given to the human beings.  But look just six verses back and you see the word "fill". I don't know, man, I still wonder what happened to them dinosaurs but, I try not to think about it too much; it hurts my brain.

Jethro Bodine - Freelance Entrepeneur - Self-Employed | LinkedIn

• Members
30 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=replenish

The command, in verse 28, was evidently given to the human beings.  But look just six verses back and you see the word "fill". I don't know, man, I still wonder what happened to them dinosaurs but, I try not to think about it too much; it hurts my brain.

Jethro Bodine - Freelance Entrepeneur - Self-Employed | LinkedIn

I agree. Why would God save the dinosaurs by having them get on the ark for them to all just die off after they got off because of climate change. 

• Members
46 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I agree. Why would God save the dinosaurs by having them get on the ark for them to all just die off after they got off because of climate change. 

I've had many college professors (secular mostly, but a few "Christian" colleges and universities) tell me that this is one of the 'contradictions' in the Bible. I don't believe that to be the case.

38 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

I know, right?

Like I said, hurts my brain.

Sometimes I have to wrack my brain as well. But, there's got to be an answer.