• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are the Independent Baptist churches growing…

• Members

Are there more independent Baptist churches now, or less. Are we shrinking in numbers?

The modern church seem to be still growing conservative. I have no prof of this, or numbers to provide this facts. 

The true Church and Hymnal’s are in trouble.

It sure looks like it to me, hopefully I am wrong.

200.gif

• Members
22 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Are there more independent Baptist churches now, or less. Are we shrinking in numbers?

I don't believe there are fewer IFB churches. We've had many open here in Tennessee over the past twenty-seven years. So, no..I don't believe the numbers are shrinking. I'm actually seeing a resurgence in the numbers attending the IFB/IB churches. 

The modern church seem to be still growing conservative. I have no prof of this, or numbers to provide this facts. 

What do you mean by "the modern church?" If you believe the numbers are falling, then how could they be growing more conservative. This would seem to lead to the conclusion that the memberships are growing less conservative. I'm aware and glad that you acknowledged that you have no real statistics for this...it would be hard to gather accurate stats on it. ?

The true Church and Hymnal’s are in trouble.

What do you mean by the "true church?"  And, why would you feel that it's in trouble. The Bible tells us that upon the bedrock of people serving the Lord, he would build his church, and the gates of hell wouldn't prevail against it. 

Now, on Hymnals, with so many of the hymns that have incorrect doctrine in them within these hymnals, I don't see how this would be a bad thing. I know some churches are revising their hymnals and trying to cut out the incorrect doctrine. 

It sure looks like it to me, hopefully I am wrong.

I believe we all could agree with you here, and we do hope that your observations are wrong. 

200.gif

• Members
1 hour ago, E Morales said:

My theory comes from lack of laborers the youth. The future church is counting on the youth to continue the Lords work. Can you tell me more about the youth of these churches, in Tennessee,  are the youth groups growing or shrinking.

The ones I know of here in Tennessee seem to be holding steady at present. There are a FEW churches that have seen a decline, some steep for now, in participation from the youth. But, I don't see this as the norm.