• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Day 42 - The Son Of God

• Members

Numbers In The Bible Series
42 - The Son Of God

Day 42 - The Son Of God

There is only one path to Heaven. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is the only way. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6) My husband took this picture when we were camping. I loved it because both paths are similar. However, one path is more narrow than the other. You can look down another path and think it is the right way, but the Word says it is the wrong way. There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. (Proverbs 16:25) If Heaven were entered by many paths (like the statement all roads lead to Rome), then Buddha, Allah and Confucious would lead to Heaven. This contradicts the Word of God, however. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. (Matthew 7:14) Jesus said, I am the way and NO man can come to the Father but by Him. Why do you think that this is so important and is attacked by the false religions of the world? I believe it is because they deny Jesus' Deity - the fact that He is the Son of God.

I did a search for the phrase, "Son of God," and was delighted at my findings. I discovered there was actually one verse in the Old Testament that referred to the Son of God! My heart jumped with joy! He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. (Daniel 3:25) The rest of the verses were found in the New Testament. As I read through the 47 verses, I found that they could be placed into twelve different categories - each describing the Son of God. The number twelve symbolizes divine government. This had me rejoicing in my spirit because of: For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6) Does this not excite you? The deity of Christ is found in Isaiah 9:6 - He is the Son - He is the mighty God - He is the everlasting Father! My friend, Jesus is the only way! If you are not saved and reading this, I pray that the Holy Spirit of God pricks your heart and opens your eyes to this wonderful Truth.

Let's look at how the Son of God is described:

He walks with us: He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. (Daniel 3:25)

He intercedes for us: Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. (Hebrews 4:14)

No matter what sin we have committed after salvation, Christ goes before the Father and shows Him that our sins are covered by His precious blood! Like David, in the account of Bathsheba, we acknowledge our sin and guilt before God and repent (turn) from our sin and do it no more. This is the difference between the saved and the unsaved. The saved are chastised by God when we sin and we repent from that sin. But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. (Hebrews 12:8)

Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually. (Hebrews 7:3)

He requires faith: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

Can perform life altering miracles: And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. (Matthew 4:3) (See also Luke 4:3)

And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. (Matthew 4:6) (See also Luke 4:9)

If the Son of God can change stone into bread, how much more can He help us with our daily lives? The Creator of all stands ready to help us just as He stood with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego! He stood with them in the fire and they had not heard of Jesus Christ yet, my friend! How much more will Christ stand with us who live in Him by faith? Oh joy!

Has charge over devils: And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? (Matthew 8:29)

And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God. (Mark 3:11)

And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ. (Luke 4:41)

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. (1 John 3:8)

My Pastor is covering 1 John in our Wednesday night series. He used this verse as an example of how many Christians struggle with their salvation because of this verse. The sin described here is the sin of an unbeliever. All it takes is one sin to keep us out of Heaven, right? Have you sinned at least once since you were saved? We all have! That would mean that none of us would go to Heaven then! This refers to those who stay in their sin - who continue in their sin. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. (Romans 7:19) Even Paul struggled with sin but the key is not to make it a part of our lives. Instead, we acknowledge each sin and strive not to sin. My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: (1 John 2:1)

His Deity recognized by man: Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God. (Matthew 14:33)

Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God. (Matthew 27:54)

And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God. (Mark 15:39)

And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God. (John 1:34) Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel. (John 1:49)

She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world. (John 11:27)

And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God. (Acts 9:20)

And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: (Romans 1:4) For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea. (2 Corinthians 1:19)

He was ridiculed: And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross. (Matthew 27:40)

He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God. (Matthew 27:43)

He brought Good News/Salvation: The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; (Mark 1:1)

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. (John 5:25)

Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? (John 9:35)

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. (John 20:31)

And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. (Acts 8:37)

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. (1 John 4:15)

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? (1 John 5:5)

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. (1 John 5:10)

He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. (1 John 5:12)

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. (1 John 5:13)

His mission was heralded by angels: And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. (Luke 1:35)

He brings judgment: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:18)

And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; (Revelation 2:18)

He is to be glorified: When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby. (John 11:4)

Came to die: The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God. (John 19:7)

The Word of God clearly speaks in this topic today, doesn't it? To God be the glory! Praise to the Son, our Lord and King!!

Jesus, Son of God Most High
Thomas B. Pollock

Jesus, Son of God most high,
God from all eternity,
Born as man to live and die,
Hear us, holy Jesus.

Leaving Thine eternal throne,
Making mortal cares Thine own,
Making God’s compassion known,
Hear us, holy Jesus.

By Thy life, so lone and still,
By Thy waiting to fulfill