• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

It’s Christmas Time…

• Members
8 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

You sound like another Latino who can't defend their position...sad...really sad. Knowing how to properly defend the Word of God and one's position isn't too much learning...and thank you, but I'm a Christian...are you? Your continued deflection and accusation of others is tiresome, especially when you can't back up your statements. 

I think it’s time that we take a break you win brother Tony.

Moderators you have my permission to delete this post, completely for it is too confusing for new members here. Not profitable for anyone.

E Morales with thegloryland

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
7 hours ago, Bro. West said:

I read the post a couple times, I see nothing. However a person's nationally does not mean they are ill equipped. 

Nobody stated that it was a sign of being ill equipped...I just stated that there were TWO people here who couldn't defend their positions and were Latino. They seem to be bringing Catholic teachings to the forums and trying to put Baptist prinicipals to what they either believe or have been taught. 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Bro. West said:

You might be right, I do not know what they were taught. The post itself from Wikipedia I saw nothing wrong with. Perhaps I missed something??????

But I do know that some of goggles stuff is false. When it told me the best translations was the NWT.

Apparently you didn't read through the thread. Morales was trying to make an issue out of a lower case letter in the OP...So, that' probably what you missed. I've never had Google tell me that the NWT was the best....It usually tells me that it's the NRSV (New Revised Standard Version). 

• Members

I read the thread again and if the only beef is with a h, so what. I on purpose when I write devotionals capitalize pronouns referring to the God head. I know it is not required, I personally do it because I feel I should. If I paste a verse I will not change it. The post did not say Israel only. Where the brother got that, I do not know. But as far as you being scripturally strong, good for you. Nevertheless, I must remind you that no one is a Bible scholar for a scholar is one who has mastered his subject and no one has mastered the Bible yet. That is why it is not boring it always is capable of new light.

• Members
7 minutes ago, Bro. West said:

I read the thread again and if the only beef is with a h, so what. I on purpose when I write devotionals capitalize pronouns referring to the God head. I know it is not required, I personally do it because I feel I should. If I paste a verse I will not change it. The post did not say Israel only. Where the brother got that, I do not know. But as far as you being scripturally strong, good for you. Nevertheless, I must remind you that no one is a Bible scholar for a scholar is one who has mastered his subject and no one has mastered the Bible yet. That is why it is not boring it always is capable of new light.

You need not remind me of anything, Bro. West. I'm well aware nobody has mastered the Bible, not even you. 

• Moderators

Okay, wow, that’s a lot of fighting over a Wikipedia article.

GloryLand, it’s an article someone wrote explaining the nativity in their own words. It’s not meant to be a Bible translation. As it is Wikipedia, you could log on and add the information you feel is missing yourself. 

I’m locking this thread, because it has long since left being profitable. Perhaps all these Bible scholars should take a course in humility…