• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

It’s Christmas Time…

• Members
53 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I don't see anything wrong with what is posted. Care to expound on what translation this came from and why you think "something doesn't look right??"

Capital H,He is God, not just for the Jews, but the World, Savior. The miracle and virgin birth.

Edited by E Morales

• Members
22 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Capital H,He is God, not just for the Jews, but the World, Savior. The miracle and virgin birth.

In English the word "he" wouldn't have to be capitalized even though it was referring to Christ. You have to remember, though he ws God in the flesh...he was also HUMAN...He had to be both or our salvation wouldn't have been possible. Aren't you being a bit legalistic in trying to push this ideology? 

• Members
1 minute ago, BrotherTony said:

In English the word "he" wouldn't have to be capitalized even though it was referring to Christ. You have to remember, though he ws God in the flesh...he was also HUMAN...He had to be both or our salvation wouldn't have been possible. Aren't you being a bit legalistic in trying to push this ideology? 

No, I’m just saying it as it is. Even with my poor grammar, I can see.

You sound like a NKJ person to me.

• Members
14 minutes ago, E Morales said:

No, I’m just saying it as it is. Even with my poor grammar, I can see.

You sound like a NKJ person to me.

Not hardly....I use the KJV. Your poor grammar aside, one still wouldn't have to capitalize the "H" in he. They do it in the modern translations. Maybe YOU are the one who doesn't use the KJV...just sayin'!

• Members
2 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Not hardly....I use the KJV. Your poor grammar aside, one still wouldn't have to capitalize the "H" in he. They do it in the modern translations. Maybe YOU are the one who doesn't use the KJV...just sayin'!

How about the part they mention God for Israel Only, and they do not mentioning the virgin birth,  above.

• Members
47 minutes ago, E Morales said:

How about the part they mention God for Israel Only, and they do not mentioning the virgin birth,  above.

They don't mention "God for Israel only." You've got some pretty bad reading and comprehension skills, Morales. Christ came for the whole world, yes, but Jesus spent his time speaking to whom???? ISRAEL...he was telling them that the "Kingdom of Heaven" was at hand...they were having their chance to accept him as their King...but not in a political sense...It was to bring them back to God the Father. He came in the fullness of time to fulfil the law...Truly, Morales, you need to take a class or read a book on Hermeneutics and exegesis. 

• Members
18 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

They don't mention "God for Israel only." You've got some pretty bad reading and comprehension skills, Morales. Christ came for the whole world, yes, but Jesus spent his time speaking to whom???? ISRAEL...he was telling them that the "Kingdom of Heaven" was at hand...they were having their chance to accept him as their King...but not in a political sense...It was to bring them back to God the Father. He came in the fullness of time to fulfil the law...Truly, Morales, you need to take a class or read a book on Hermeneutics and exegesis. 

I like the way you put words, and skipping the virgin birth. You are a Southern Baptist teacher, this is a Independent Baptist Forum. But we all can learn something here, for all age’s  and denominations are welcome. I’ll go back to school.  ?

• Members
38 minutes ago, E Morales said:

I like the way you put words, and skipping the virgin birth. You are a Southern Baptist teacher, this is a Independent Baptist Forum. But we all can learn something here, for all age’s  and denominations are welcome. I’ll go back to school.  ?

How have I skipped the virgin birth? Please, show me how. I may be in a Southern Baptist church, as that's where God put me, but I'm every bit as Independent, fundamental, and Baptist as you, and I don't believe I need your permission to be here. Maybe you need to stop being so easily offended. 

• Members
53 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

How have I skipped the virgin birth? Please, show me how. I may be in a Southern Baptist church, as that's where God put me, but I'm every bit as Independent, fundamental, and Baptist as you, and I don't believe I need your permission to be here. Maybe you need to stop being so easily offended. 

Everything I post, you mention, I’m lost or need to get up to date, study more. Lost in space. Pot-stirring, I am a good cook. But that’s not what you’re talking about. The Lord is using me to strengthen you, not to tech you. Have a good night, enjoy chatting with you.

• Members
8 hours ago, E Morales said:

Everything I post, you mention, I’m lost or need to get up to date, study more. Lost in space. Pot-stirring, I am a good cook. But that’s not what you’re talking about. The Lord is using me to strengthen you, not to tech you. Have a good night, enjoy chatting with you.

Don't flatter yourself, Morales...I'm quite scripturally strong without your assistance. I've never stated you "are lost" Your continued accusations against several of us leaves me to the conclusion that you can't handle disagreement in any form. I've only stated that you need to become hermeneutically sound, nothing else. It seems that the Portugese and Hispanic's on this forum can't handle any disagreement at all without becoming offensive to everyone else on the forums. Shameful. Deflection isn't your strong suit...sorry, but that's the truth. 

• Members
55 minutes ago, E Morales said:

You sound like king Agrippa, when he told Paul, you almost persuaded me into becoming a Christian. Too much teaching is driving you mad. Have a great day my friend. Now, I have to go start taking my Portuguese classes.

You sound like another Latino who can't defend their position...sad...really sad. Knowing how to properly defend the Word of God and one's position isn't too much learning...and thank you, but I'm a Christian...are you? Your continued deflection and accusation of others is tiresome, especially when you can't back up your statements.