• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Joel C. Rosenberg, Christian Author

Jerry

• Members

Is anyone familiar with this author's theology? He has written various books on Israel and the endtimes and has appeared on various shows through the years. His first Christian fiction series has five books: The Last Jihad, The Last Days, The Ezekiel Option, plus two more. It basically deals with a Washington wheeler and dealer who is a close friend with the US President. The first book starts off with an assassination attempt on the president, then the main character gets caught up in events trying to broker peace with middle eastern countries and Israel. I remember him not being saved at the beginning and eventually coming to the Lord during these events. The third book focusses on the war in Ezekiel 38-39. I think I only read the first three books. Am trying to finally reread the series.

Anyways, seeing as this is endtimes based, dealing with Ezekiel 38-39, it should have something in it about the rapture -  but I don't remember that in what I had read, as the story carried on with the same characters for the five books. In book two, the main character is in a safe house in Israel and wakes up to the building being attacked and almost destroyed. A few chapters later it comes back to that character and he realizes it was a bad dream/nightmare. A little further in that book the safe house is attacked the same way, and he uses what happened in his dream to make different choices leading to his survival (and those with him). I don't know if I pondered this aspect of the story when I first read the second book (came out in 2003), but now rereading it, it seriously seems like he might be charismatic or Pentecostal and I am wondering if anyone knows if that comes across in any of his other writings, and knows of his theology? I was intrigued in his analysis of Israel and its political situation in regards to how the nations around it fit in with the Bible, how he showed Israel and the US' war on terror and Islam, things like that - but now rereading it, I am a bit concerned with his theology.