• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Biden supports abortion and takes communion

• Members

Now, I know there are many Christians that voted for Biden for president, how do you feel about this, he is supporting abortion, or are you just gonna look the other way and say he still better than Trump. I am not supporting Trump at this moment, the question is about abortion. Trump is gone now. What do you think about Baptist that support abortion. I don’t know any personally, but I imagine there are some out there. Sad…

Protest Louisiana GIF by GIPHY News

• Members

I don't support Biden, and I wasn't a fan of Trump...I liked some of Trumps policies, but I wasn't a fan of his obnoxious style of interacting with the people...That being said...what did this have to do with Mr. Biden taking communion? I don't believe the Catholilcs are good examples of "Christianity" as most of their practices are idolatrous, ie, praying to statues and graven images on coins...praying to Mary, the alleged "perpetual Virgin" and the alleged "Queen of Heaven." Mr. Biden supports abortion (freedom of choice,) but doesn't support freedom of choice in these vaccines, though there is a 99+$ recovery rate...He's a hypocrite to the inth degree and should be removed from office. He's not a Christian in any sense of the word, and his actions prove it!

• Members
30 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I don't support Biden, and I wasn't a fan of Trump...I liked some of Trumps policies, but I wasn't a fan of his obnoxious style of interacting with the people...That being said...what did this have to do with Mr. Biden taking communion? I don't believe the Catholilcs are good examples of "Christianity" as most of their practices are idolatrous, ie, praying to statues and graven images on coins...praying to Mary, the alleged "perpetual Virgin" and the alleged "Queen of Heaven." Mr. Biden supports abortion (freedom of choice,) but doesn't support freedom of choice in these vaccines, though there is a 99+$ recovery rate...He's a hypocrite to the inth degree and should be removed from office. He's not a Christian in any sense of the word, and his actions prove it!

Brother Tony, talking about communion is there any sin that can keep a person from taking the Lord supper, as a person being Baptist.

We know a woman that had abortion in the past and that is saved now is forgiven for her sins

• Members
20 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Brother Tony, talking about communion is there any sin that can keep a person from taking the Lord supper, as a person being Baptist.

We know a woman that had abortion in the past and that is saved now is forgiven for her sins

The church can't really stop a person from taking communion unless they are closed communion and enforce it so strictly that they're offensive about it. I've seen that happen in the Missionary Baptist churches. The Bible says that a person should examine themselves to see if they are worthy to take it...not someone else's evaluation. And yes, if a woman had an abortion before being saved, they are forgiven, and rightly so. Christ died for them just as much as anyone else. 

• Moderators

Biden is Catholic, so he's not taking communion, he's taking Mass. Which is completely different and a blasphemy to God. 
If you want to talk about the Catholic organization being hypocritical in its refusal of abortion but acceptance of public figures who support it... well, that's nothing new.

• Members

For the sake of this conversation, it is not the issue of your denomination or sinful background when it comes to taking the Lord's Supper, it is whether someone is truly saved or not. They are responsible to examine themselves to see whether they are walking in right fellowship with the Lord at that time. If not, they shouldn't take it.

As far as a particular church stopping someone from participating or not, that is up to the local church's policy. I believe in (I think it is called) Close Communion (only those of like faith can participate). If someone is knowingly unsaved or walking in gross sin (or under church discipline), they should be refused. The churches that I know that practice Close Communion often have the Lord's Supper separate from their other services (or after them), and state it is only for those who are part of that church (and visiting church workers of like faith, etc.). If a sound, saved family member or friend from elsewhere comes in for a visit (or someone who previously attended that church regularly in the past but has moved away) - that is known to the church - typically they are allowed to participate.

For the record, I am not trying to make new guidelines or enforce/debate them, just trying to express my understanding of this issue.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Salyan said:

Biden is Catholic, so he's not taking communion, he's taking Mass. Which is completely different and a blasphemy to God. 
If you want to talk about the Catholic organization being hypocritical in its refusal of abortion but acceptance of public figures who support it... well, that's nothing new.

Sister Salyan. I don't know what it was that Biden "took". But in the Roman Catholic Church, Mass and Communion are two different things.

Mass is the service that we would call the Sunday Service; while Communion is their idea of The Lord's Supper. Their Communion differs from ours in that, they consider it a "Sacrament"; this means that they consider that it has saving powers.

This is also the reason that a priest will administer Communion as a part of what they call The Last Rites, when a person is dying. They teach that this will assure that the dying person will arrive in Heaven as their final destination.

it is also a bit more complicated than that, but I don't want to write an essay on it here.  ?

• Members

I guess we can look at it as, Biden is supporting it, but not doing the crime. Like Christians that are supporting illegal activity, like smoking marijuana, the LGBTQ movement, or gambling but not doing it. Then saying, it’s a personal choice. That makes a person free of something.

Confused Question Mark GIF by Preity G  Zinta

• Members
1 hour ago, E Morales said:

I guess we can look at it as, Biden is supporting it, but not doing the crime. Like Christians that are supporting illegal activity, like smoking marijuana, the LGBTQ movement, or gambling but not doing it. Then saying, it’s a personal choice. That makes a person free of something.

Confused Question Mark GIF by Preity G  Zinta

Smoking marijuana isn't necessarily a crime these days. Many states have legalized not only the medical use, but the recreational use of it as well. Gambling isn't a crime, either. You need to be more clear about what you post as legal and illegal, Morales! Also, Biden is just as culpable in the actions of the abortionists by helping them gain more rights in how, what age they can slaughter children up to, etc., in abortion. 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Sister Salyan. I don't know what it was that Biden "took". But in the Roman Catholic Church, Mass and Communion are two different things.

Mass is the service that we would call the Sunday Service; while Communion is their idea of The Lord's Supper. Their Communion differs from ours in that, they consider it a "Sacrament"; this means that they consider that it has saving powers.

This is also the reason that a priest will administer Communion as a part of what they call The Last Rites, when a person is dying. They teach that this will assure that the dying person will arrive in Heaven as their final destination.

it is also a bit more complicated than that, but I don't want to write an essay on it here.  ?

Fair enough that the mass includes a few things, but it isn’t just a Sunday service. It includes the ritual of supposedly resacrificing Christ (“the perpetual sacrifice of the mass”) and effecting transubstantiation in preparation for the service of the Eucharist, or Communion. I don’t think the two can be effectively separated. (And people need to be warned that masses are a blasphemy, and not just a Sunday service.)

I might be off topic from the general discussion. Just wanted to clarify that what the Catholics call communion is a very different thing from what we practice.  

• Members
4 hours ago, Salyan said:

Fair enough that the mass includes a few things, but it isn’t just a Sunday service. It includes the ritual of supposedly resacrificing Christ (“the perpetual sacrifice of the mass”) and effecting transubstantiation in preparation for the service of the Eucharist, or Communion. I don’t think the two can be effectively separated. (And people need to be warned that masses are a blasphemy, and not just a Sunday service.)

I might be off topic from the general discussion. Just wanted to clarify that what the Catholics call communion is a very different thing from what we practice.  

Having been involved in the RCC for a while, and having several relatives that are RCC, the mass and communion are two separate things, though one is often in the other. At least this is what I have observed while in the RCC..of course, I don't know what they're doing now, nearly 40 years later, They've changed a lot of things.

• Members

All Biden have to do is, go to a confession with the priest, say that he’s sorry, make a donation maybe light some candles, and he’ll be forgiven.  Sad

I was raised up Catholic, they did somewhat planted a seed, but that’s all. I remember as a kid there was a sister Carmela, I still remember her name today. She taught kids Bible stories, that is worth something to me.

• Members
17 minutes ago, E Morales said:

All Biden have to do is, go to a confession with the priest, say that he’s sorry, make a donation maybe light some candles, and he’ll be forgiven.  Sad

I was raised up Catholic, they did somewhat planted a seed, but that’s all. I remember as a kid there was a sister Carmela, I still remember her name today. She taught kids Bible stories, that is worth something to me.

This shows the shallowness and unScriptural positions of the Catholic church and it's doctrines. Biden is not, in my estimation/opinion, a Christian in any way, shape or form.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Salyan said:

I am sorry Salyan, I was not clear in what I said. I was only trying to explain to some that do not know about the Mass, as to just what it was. I was just trying to liken it to something they could understand. In their church the Mass is the center of the service, just as our preaching and teaching is the center of our service. Yes, they, as well as communion are vastly different and for different purposes.