• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

One Day Up In Glory (Poem)

• Members

One Day Up In Glory

Groaning, aching in this body,
Perhaps content to wear a frown,
But one day up in glory –
If I’m faithful – I’ll wear a crown.

These old hairs are getting grayer,
Hearing and eyesight fading too;
But one day up in glory,
My Lord will make all things new!

These light afflictions I am feeling,
Always seem to go on and on,
But one day up in glory,
This worn out body will be gone.

My faith is growing stronger,
I’m renewed each and every day;
But one day up in glory,
Faith and hope will pass away.

No more endless strife and struggles,
Within this flesh, where our sin dwells,
For one day up in glory,
Face to face, we’ll see Him ourselves!

When He appears, we’ll be like Him,
We shall behold Him as He is,
For one day up in glory,
We shall be made like Jesus!

November 15th, 2021
Jerry Bouey

Dedicated to two of my friends, who taught me about dealing with health problems gracefully and that growing older just means we are getting closer to going home to be with Jesus!

If your body aches and moans, remember to groan – be Biblical! 

Romans 8:18-23 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

2 Corinthians 5:1-4 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Romans 8:28-30 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1 John 3:1-3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Edited by Jerry