• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mr. Biden wants....

• Members

Joe Biden wants to close down another pipeline...This will cause gas prices to rise and make us more dependent on OPEC! This man is derelict in his duties as POTUS and should be impeached if the House and Senate fall back to the Republicans!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-admin-reportedly-considers-shutting-down-michigan-pipeline-amid-skyrocketing-gas-prices/vi-AAQrUwW?ocid=chromentpnews

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
51 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

"another pipeline"?  where was the first one to be shut down?

MSN not the most credible news source!

The first one was from back in March....it's mentioned in an existing thread somewhere on onlinebaptist. This is one from Michigan, and is a totally separate one from what I've read.\ somewhere on onlinebaptist. This is one from Michigan

Edited by BrotherTony
it double posted.

• Members
55 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

"another pipeline"?  where was the first one to be shut down?

MSN not the most credible news source!

Keystone XL wasn't renewed  by Biden and was forced to close. MSN is at times more dependable than MSNBC, CBS, Fox, CNN, etc. I don't use them often, but when I do I at least know they're correct. I don't think they'd be reporting against Biden if it wasn't so...

• Members

Keystone was closed and one that was gonna be opened in northern Alaska was canceled. Also, a federal activist judge closed the Atlantic Coast pipeline and also the Dakota Access pipeline though apparently that one is still operated "illegally". Apparently, Warren Buffett was behind the opposition to that one and stirred up the Sioux and the white liberal hippies because he owns a lot of the trains and trucks that runs the oil out of that region.

It always comes back to some billionaires getting richer.

• Members
19 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Keystone was closed and one that was gonna be opened in northern Alaska was canceled. Also, a federal activist judge closed the Atlantic Coast pipeline and also the Dakota Access pipeline though apparently that one is still operated "illegally". Apparently, Warren Buffett was behind the opposition to that one and stirred up the Sioux and the white liberal hippies because he owns a lot of the trains and trucks that runs the oil out of that region.

It always comes back to some billionaires getting richer.

Thank you... I thought the other one was in Alaska! Couldn't find the thread..I'll have to start taking screen shots of certain posts. ? 

• Administrators

Bro. Tony, your original post said that Biden had closed "another pipeline" indicating he had closed others before it. In fact, there was no other pipeline that was closed. You also said that this would cause gas prices to rise, which is false; Canada is the largest supplier of U.S. crude oil, which is not affected.

The real fact is that the Keystone XL pipeline was not even in operation, or more than that, has not even been built. I am not a fan of Joe Biden, but I am also not a fan of misinformation. What follows are facts:

Fact Check-Though Keystone XL Pipeline had secured most of its funding, it was only 8% constructed

By Reuters Fact Check

In the weeks following U.S. President Joe Biden’s decision to scrap the Keystone XL oil pipeline, posts on social media have claimed that the project “was in Phase 4 & just about completed” and that it had been “paid for” by the time Biden “pulled the plug.” While it is true that the project had secured funding, which was largely expected to be paid out in 2021 and 2022, the claim is partly false, as less than 10% of the pipeline had been built by the time Biden formally revoked the permit.

Examples of posts making this claim can be found here , here and here .

These posts are referring to the Keystone XL Pipeline, a project cancelled by Biden on his first day in office on Jan. 21, 2021, dealing a death blow to a long-gestating project that would have carried 830,000 barrels per day of heavy oil-sands crude from Alberta to Nebraska (here).

Environmental activists and indigenous communities hailed the cancellation, and traders and analysts said U.S.-Canada pipelines will have more than enough capacity to handle increasing volumes of crude out of Canada, the primary foreign supplier of oil to the United States (here).

A map of the Keystone XL’s route alongside the existing Keystone Pipeline System, operating since 2010, can be seen here .

HOW FAR ALONG WAS CONSTRUCTION?

By claiming that the project was in “Phase 4” of construction, the posts seem to conflate the Keystone XL Pipeline with the larger Keystone Pipeline System.

• Administrators

The one in Alaska was supposed to be a natural gas pipeline, not oil. I lived there through the whole existing Alaska Pipeline construction and after. The proposed gas pipeline has been held up for more than twenty years. No construction has ever been done on it.

• Members
6 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

The one in Alaska was supposed to be a natural gas pipeline, not oil. I lived there through the whole existing Alaska Pipeline construction and after. The proposed gas pipeline has been held up for more than twenty years. No construction has ever been done on it.

My mistake...it wasn't INTENTIONAL misinformation, which is what you seem to be trying to imply I was doing. Not at all. ?

• Members
10 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

So what. He still shut it down. I don't care if it was a dairy farm. He's wrecking everything.

17 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Bro. Tony, your original post said that Biden had closed "another pipeline" indicating he had closed others before it. In fact, there was no other pipeline that was closed. You also said that this would cause gas prices to rise, which is false; Canada is the largest supplier of U.S. crude oil, which is not affected.

The real fact is that the Keystone XL pipeline was not even in operation, or more than that, has not even been built. I am not a fan of Joe Biden, but I am also not a fan of misinformation. What follows are facts:

Fact Check-Though Keystone XL Pipeline had secured most of its funding, it was only 8% constructed

By Reuters Fact Check

In the weeks following U.S. President Joe Biden’s decision to scrap the Keystone XL oil pipeline, posts on social media have claimed that the project “was in Phase 4 & just about completed” and that it had been “paid for” by the time Biden “pulled the plug.” While it is true that the project had secured funding, which was largely expected to be paid out in 2021 and 2022, the claim is partly false, as less than 10% of the pipeline had been built by the time Biden formally revoked the permit.

Examples of posts making this claim can be found here , here and here .

These posts are referring to the Keystone XL Pipeline, a project cancelled by Biden on his first day in office on Jan. 21, 2021, dealing a death blow to a long-gestating project that would have carried 830,000 barrels per day of heavy oil-sands crude from Alberta to Nebraska (here).

Environmental activists and indigenous communities hailed the cancellation, and traders and analysts said U.S.-Canada pipelines will have more than enough capacity to handle increasing volumes of crude out of Canada, the primary foreign supplier of oil to the United States (here).

A map of the Keystone XL’s route alongside the existing Keystone Pipeline System, operating since 2010, can be seen here .

HOW FAR ALONG WAS CONSTRUCTION?

By claiming that the project was in “Phase 4” of construction, the posts seem to conflate the Keystone XL Pipeline with the larger Keystone Pipeline System.

I guess you missed the memo on Reuters.

And you were just dogging MSN. 

Edited by SureWord

• Administrators

I was referring to the "other posts" that the article mentioned. But yours was along the same lines, probably because you bought into the same kind of misinformation. It is easy to check these things out before buying in to things posted on the Internet.

• Administrators

9 minutes ago, SureWord said:

So what. He still shut it down. I don't care if it was a dairy farm. He's wrecking everything.

Like I said, I am no fan of Joe Biden. But the indication in the original post made it look like he "shut down" something that was up and running, it also indicated that this would cause gas prices to rise.

It had not been built, he did not shut down an existing pipeline, he pulled the plug on a "permit". 

• 1 month later...
  • Members
7 minutes ago, Razor said:

Seems there is an oversupply of pipelines. About half of the pipeline supply is sitting empty.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/about-half-us-oil-pipeline-space-is-empty-after-boom-time-building-spree-2021-12-16/

Thank the POTUS for this....he's the one who has cut back production in the USA. 

• Members
12 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Thank the POTUS for this....he's the one who has cut back production in the USA. 

Due to COVID there was a steep decline in demand. The production cuts began under Trump when he and other oil producing countries agreed to cut production. He got the Saudi Araba and Russia to make big cuts.