• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Climate change in the Bible

• Members

The Bible nowhere teaches us to "take care of the planet." No one here is promoting destroying or rampaging our earth in any way beyond actually using its resources that God created and gave us dominion over - however, the Bible never teaches us to be tree huggers or be more concerned about saving the trees, the whales, and any other kind of wildlife (or created thing, or even the environment) than we are about serving the Lord. If you think God's be all end all is the preservation of the environment, then I truly think you need to read the book of Revelation - God Himself is the one who will be destroying this present world in judgment during the seven years of the tribulation period.

• Members
On 9/30/2022 at 3:05 PM, Jerry said:

The Bible nowhere teaches us to "take care of the planet." No one here is promoting destroying or rampaging our earth in any way beyond actually using its resources that God created and gave us dominion over - however, the Bible never teaches us to be tree huggers or be more concerned about saving the trees, the whales, and any other kind of wildlife (or created thing, or even the environment) than we are about serving the Lord. If you think God's be all end all is the preservation of the environment, then I truly think you need to read the book of Revelation - God Himself is the one who will be destroying this present world in judgment during the seven years of the tribulation period.

Be nice to trees ? 200.gif

• Administrators

I find it quite presumptuous for men to think that they can undo what God has put in place and sustains.

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Yep...turn them into nice firewood, coffee and end tables, or plaques for the walls....Oh...they also use trees to make paper, pencils, etc. ?

I hug a tree before, it felt pretty good. I said, God, have made this tree. He was nail to the tree, that He made. This is amazing, and is a mystery.

• Members
4 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I hug a tree before, it felt pretty good. I said, God, have made this tree. He was nail to the tree, that He made. This is amazing, and is a mystery.

Yes, God made the trees. Nobody is denying this. And, trees are lovely. They provide shade, food, and many other things. Yet, Jesus, in a parable talked about a fig tree being cursed because it didn't bear fruit. He also talks about people who are being hung on a tree....Galatians 3:13 KJV Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree.  Jesus was considered to be accursed (he took upon himself our sin and became sin in the eyes of God the Father to be be the one to suffer the curse of our sin to redeem us. We also find that Judas went out and hanged himself in a tree because of the guilt because of his betrayal of Christ, the innocent one 

• Members
53 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'm grateful to the Lord God for providing my salvation, not for the wood (the cross/tree) or the nails or the soldiers that crucified Him or the religious crowd that betrayed Him.

Do you agree that the trees ? are alive, but they do not have a spirit.

• Members
11 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Truly, you've got to be kidding. Of course a tree is alive or it won't grow. Does it have a spirit? No. 

When Jesus got to the tree, the fig tree that did not have fruit, he cursed this tree. Was this tree defective or was this tree with no figs sick, and was cursed for teaching. Or maybe the tree was harvested, fruits removed, before Jesus got to it. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

When Jesus got to the tree, the fig tree that did not have fruit, he cursed this tree. Was this tree defective or was this tree with no figs sick, and was cursed for teaching. Or maybe the tree was harvested, fruits removed, before Jesus got to it. 

Suppositions about the tree, and whether or not certain things were in place before Christ cursed it are fruitless...The fact is that Jesus cursed it for not bearing fruit. He won't bless Christians who don't bear fruit, either. 

• Members
8 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Suppositions about the tree, and whether or not certain things were in place before Christ cursed it are fruitless...The fact is that Jesus cursed it for not bearing fruit. He won't bless Christians who don't bear fruit, either. 

Quote: The fact is that Jesus cursed it for not bearing fruit. He won't bless Christians who don't bear fruit, either. 

This sounds like by works, to me, BT.  

sweat lol GIF by Robbie Cobb

• Members
9 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

No, the context shows that Jesus cursed it because it was not bearing fruit - not that it already bore fruit but it was no longer there.

9 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Works are a prominent part of our Christian lives. They are not how we get saved, but are evidence of our salvation. If there are no good works/good fruit, is a person truly saved? No. (For the record I am not specifying how much or how soon someone bears fruit - but if a professing Christian never has any good fruit to show, their profession is "fruitless.")

• Members
28 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Quote: The fact is that Jesus cursed it for not bearing fruit. He won't bless Christians who don't bear fruit, either. 

sweat lol GIF by Robbie Cobb

After a person is saved, they are supposed to be "working," Morales. The Bible makes it clear that as Christians we are to be actively buidling the kingdom, pointing souls to him. Maybe you need to be reading and studying your Bible more. This nowhere implies salvation by works if that's what you're trying to imply. 

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

After a person is saved, they are supposed to be "working," Morales. The Bible makes it clear that as Christians we are to be actively buidling the kingdom, pointing souls to him. Maybe you need to be reading and studying your Bible more. This nowhere implies salvation by works if that's what you're trying to imply. 

I was just making sure that you were not making people earn their salvation, B.T  some baptist are changing.