• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Climate change in the Bible

• Members
On 11/7/2021 at 7:17 PM, TheGloryLand said:

In the Bible the first climate change was the flood and the Lord said, he will not do this again, but later mentions that the world will be judged by ? is Climate change true, and where does it apply to us in, the last days. Can man do anything to prevent the climate, and any changes. Is it too late to do anything. Finally should Christian care, and pray about this. I never heard a preacher say we need to pray regarding our climate.

Climate Change GIF by GIPHY News

I've heard it said, the results of a world-wide flood of this magnitude and duration may still be felt today. 

• Members

There has always been a fluctuation in temperature ranges throughout history. That is not necessarily a sign of the times. Some years have way hotter summers, and some winters are way colder - you can find that in history books or biographies from the past (for example, in Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House On The Prairie series). Because of volcanic activity (for example), some years have changed temperatures over the whole planet.

God has promised there will always be regular seasons though.

Genesis 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
9 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

The weather has been different lately, do you agree. This post is from the past. Any updates out there.

Blazing Weather Report GIF by INTO ACTION

The weather is different every year....the weather is often different from day to day as well. It doesn't indicate "climate change." Weather goes in cycles...again, not indicating "climate change," or at least not as they mean it today. 

• Members

My family were ranchers in Easter Wyoming. My Granddad used to tell me about the “Winter of ‘49”.

The previous winter was mild and the following winters went back to normal again. 

Normally weather runs in cycles and is predicable enough that the Farmer’s Almanac is not to far off.

(article from: Wyoming/Nature/Catherine Armstrong/May14, 2020)

On the evening of January 2, 1949, a massive blizzard hit Wyoming, Nebraska and the Dakotas with little warning.

This early January storm wasn't predicted to be as bad as it turned out to be, and many people were caught off guard. Unfortunately, the initial storm was just one of many that would pummel the state over the next few months.

The January 2nd storm storm lasted three days and killed nine people in Wyoming. It was a record-setting storm in terms of cold temperatures and snowfall amounts, and the brutal winds made for incredible snow drifts.

Entire towns were snowed in, and all transportation was cut off. 3,300 miles of roads were covered in snow; many people who weren't able to reach their homes in time were trapped in their cars.

Because the roads were impassable, towns began to run out of groceries. Ranches were cut off from travel. The U.S. Army sent bulldozers to clear the roads, but as soon as they cleared them, another storm rolled in and covered the roads with fresh snow.

Thousands of cattle froze or starved to death. The U.S. Air Force dropped bales of hay to starving cattle; in some cases at drop-off points, and trucks disbursed the hay to nearby fields.

For the 45 days following the initial blizzard, new storms just kept coming. The temperature never climbed above zero during that time, and snowdrifts reached 20 to 30 feet tall. Winds raged at 30 to 80 mph. Entire homes were buried to their roofs; towns completely shut down for weeks. 

The storms finally eased off in March, but it would be July until many of the largest snowbanks completely melted. In all, nearly 80 people died across Wyoming, Nebraska and the Dakotas.

Edited by stand forth

• Members
2 hours ago, Napsterdad said:

They will if He wills.

I agree. But will He? Weather has always had it's cycles over the years. Seasons are "mild" or "harsh." Sometimes they are just "normal." All things are according to God's will, and I don't think anyone is disputing this fact. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Napsterdad said:

If we could only go back to the media hype of the 70's...

image.png.c7d2bcfa40218ba42b1c16a4f18e793f.png

I remember 1979 in Central Illinois, and the huge blizzard we had that kept people inside for several days. I was living in Illinois once again when it happened in late December of 1994 and early January of 1995. Again, it made a huge dent in everyones plans. It took nearly five hours for a 25 minute trip from Pekin, IL to E. Peoria, IL for a wedding on New Years Eve that year. My grandfather who lived in Indiana where I was born, told us about several years of blizzards in the Bloomington, IN area when he was a boy, and after he came back years later after working in the CCC camps out West. He told us about the Dust Bowl, and how people thought it was the world changing into a desert....He laughed at how stupid it all sounded, and how he had never bought into the simplistic theories that science had always tried to push on people as "fact." I agreed with him, and still do, though he has been gone these 30+ years.

• Members

I was shoveling the driveway when the blizzard of '77 hit (I was 16). I remember my dad looking out the door saying 'I think you can come in now'. I was only 1/2 way done. SMH ? He had to pick my mother up from work (he had a 4-wheel drive pickup with plow). Even with that we were paralyzed for days. I remember people driving their snowmobiles right over where cars were. We didn't even know until some of the snow got removed.

Images

Edited by Napsterdad
typos

• Members

Oh, there is something to "climate change" that many are not considering because the main stream, mockingbird media will not cover any of it nor have they ever. The facts are easily accessible if you know to even look for them however. I don't mean the "climate change" hoax being perpetuated on common folks to steal more of their liberties. Nor do I mean the inversion of truth the same media proclaims with there little reprobate spokesmen like Al Gore and Greta Thunberg. Who are paid richly to place the blame on the common folks driving their little fords or toyotas; or cow flatulence or CO2 and Nitrogen (which are absolutely essential for crop production) by the way. They blame these things as deflection from the truth in yet more pursuits for total control over the common populations and manufactured famine of course.

Watch this and then read this and decide for yourselves if you think it is real. I live in a pretty dense population center and have watched the chemtrails (not condensation as they invert)for many years now. It is hard not to notice the increasingly unnatural cloud formations after their spraying that leaves chemtrail streaks all over the sky on a daily basis now. It is the robber barons and their puppet politicians/bureaucracies whom deliberately cause this. They have truly weaponized the weather. This gives brand new meaning to the end of this passage:

In addition this could very well clear up what our Lord warns will come with the Trumpets: If our biosphere has been as damaged by their weather manipulation as reported in the links below that opens the earth up to solar storms, asteroids and comets without any upper atmospheric disintegration. 

Biosphere

Intentional collapse

Chemtrails

China in spotlight also

CIA

Paris agreement

Food for thought friends, chew on it or don't but remember it later when the serious calamities begin.

Edited by wretched

• Members

Strange...Seems this is only going on in third world countries...If these people knew how to farm like most developed countries do, one would find that this is just more left-wing propoganda. Climate change is the devils tool to try and unite the world to come under the auspices of the United Nations...One World Goverrnment. 

• Members

As long as mankind - ie. the nations - are rebellion against the Lord God, there will be famines and droughts, and other "natural" or perhaps unnatural disasters as judgments on the world. The OT states these (in general) can be judgments against sin, the NT states that these things will happen the closer we get to the Lord's return, including during the Tribulation period (and in those years, they are specifically stated to be judgements upon the whole world and the Antichrist/his people). Truly, there is no Biblical call to say they are due to climate change. Does climate change turn the seas into blood, cause worldwide earthquakes, burn up all the trees and vegetation, bring plagues? Despite man's advances in technology and medicine, etc. he can't stop these things from happening, nor were they caused by him (though caused by God as judgement on our world during those years).

• Members

So many of these comments are really disappointing. Did God not call us to be good stewards of the earth? This should include protecting that he has blessed us with from toxic chemicals we pump into the air and water and soil.  Did he not call us to take care of one another and provide for the poor?  So this should include helping those 3rd world countries catch up with sustainable farming?  We can take care of this planet without subscribing to left-wing fear tactics.