• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian children and youth turning back to the world

• Members
12 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

In the area I'm in the number seems to be growing. College and career aged people are becoming more active in church, ministries, and in outreach. In the high schools there are many(both public and private) that are increasing. But, in many of the churches where there is no clear vision or clear preaching of the Word of God, there is a decline. Some pastors and churches still believe in discipleship. Others don't. I don't go looking for the negative in churches. I try to exhort and uplift. Others don't. 

I see growth in new churches, with many more activities that are not faith base, but they do have more youth. Can’t we all get along messages, just don’t talk about sins, or faith in Jesus to much, these are growing. Are these the ones,you are talking about. Come as you are, don’t change. We don’t carry Bibles here.

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I see growth in new churches, with many more activities that are not faith base, but they do have more youth. Can’t we all get along messages, just don’t talk about sins, or faith in Jesus to much, these are growing. Are these the ones,you are talking about. Come as you are, don’t change. We don’t carry Bibles here.

I think I made myself pretty clear on the type of youth I've seen. Granted, there are some churches (as I also stated) that have the kind of growth you're talking about. TGL, you seem only to have negative about the church in your postings. This is very disconcerting. 

• Members
On 11/5/2021 at 11:43 AM, TheGloryLand said:

It’s just common sense we cannot serve the Lord and the devil at the same time, you will be with either one of the two at the moment.

If your son or daughter is serving the devil after they except Christ as their Savior the Lord may make them prove their faith, there’s nothing tricky about that.

I know that we do not have the ability to look inside the soul of anyone, only our Lord can do this. However, there are those who can give a false statement when faced with Christ as Lord and Savior. These folks, who insincerely profess are described by Christ in the four gospels several times. If their receiving of Christ's gift of salvation was sincere on their part, they will not suffer the great tribulation. There is some concern over what their meeting with Christ might be like, that is, rewards for faithfulness but, they will be saved none the less.

• Members

Confusion doesn't always equate to "lost." The prodigal was already "a son" and he left his father's estate to live a riotus life. Did it make him any less a son? No. Did it make him a son who had strayed from what he was taught? Yes, indeed it did. Yet, he later "came to himself," and realized that his father's servants were better off than he was and purposed to return to his father, even if it was as a servant. He returned, and was restored. Yet, we find that the brother who stayed was to inherit all that was left in the fathers estate (all that I have is yours). The prodigal had used up his inheritance.  

• Members
On 8/12/2022 at 5:25 AM, BrotherTony said:

Confusion doesn't always equate to "lost." The prodigal was already "a son" and he left his father's estate to live a riotus life. Did it make him any less a son? No. Did it make him a son who had strayed from what he was taught? Yes, indeed it did. Yet, he later "came to himself," and realized that his father's servants were better off than he was and purposed to return to his father, even if it was as a servant. He returned, and was restored. Yet, we find that the brother who stayed was to inherit all that was left in the fathers estate (all that I have is yours). The prodigal had used up his inheritance.  

Can we say that the son, was saved, gone into the World. He repented, and returned back to the father. Didn’t loose his salvation, but lost his rewards.

• Members
9 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Can we say that the son, was saved, gone into the World. He repented, and returned back to the father. Didn’t loose his salvation, but lost his rewards.

It seems to me that this is what is taught here.