• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian children and youth turning back to the world

• Members

I know some examples of people today that others around them think they were taken home early due to chastisement. BUT even if I didn't have any personal examples, God's Word says He would do so - and that is all I need. 1 Corinthians 11, Hebrews 12, James 5, 1 John 5, Revelation 2-3.

Morales, for all your billion questions and conversation starters, you really don't seem to have a high knowledge of God's Word or high degree of concern for it, which is sad.

Edited by Jerry

• Members
35 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I know some examples of people today that others around them think they were taken home early due to chastisement. BUT even if I didn't have any personal examples, God's Word says He would do so - and that is all I need. 1 Corinthians 11, Hebrews 12, James 5, 1 John 5, Revelation 2-3.

Morales, for all your billion questions and conversation starters, you really don't seem to have a high knowledge of God's Word or high degree of concern for it, which is sad.

You’re very funny ? now you are attacking me. I’m glad you’re not a judge. If I did a miracle for you will this make me a high degree of knowledge for you. 

• Members
13 minutes ago, E Morales said:

You’re very funny ? now you are attacking me. I’m glad you’re not a judge. If I did a miracle for you will this make me a high degree of knowledge for you. 

I can fully understand his frustration...I have a hard time understanding how someone who claims to be a Baptist can have such a distorted view of the Bible, Christians, Christianity, etc. I don't believe he or I are judging you, persay, but we ARE showing concern over your knowledge, interpretations, and applications of Scriptures!

• Members

Not attacking you. I gave my honest impressions of your posts. It seems anything goes in your posts, opinions galore, but when it comes to Bible you don't seem to know or give very much of it and seem to argue what Biblical information others give.

• Members
5 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I can fully understand his frustration...I have a hard time understanding how someone who claims to be a Baptist can have such a distorted view of the Bible, Christians, Christianity, etc. I don't believe he or I are judging you, persay, but we ARE showing concern over your knowledge, interpretations, and applications of Scriptures!

We independent Baptist have learned the doctrine to the best of our abilities but we do have the complete understanding and we must be open not agreeing all the time but open to others. The Bible tells us that it is a mystery true and we don’t have all the answers right now. So if I tell you that  I have all the answers right now, I’m a liar.

• Members
9 hours ago, E Morales said:

We independent Baptist have learned the doctrine to the best of our abilities but we do have the complete understanding and we must be open not agreeing all the time but open to others. The Bible tells us that it is a mystery true and we don’t have all the answers right now. So if I tell you that  I have all the answers right now, I’m a liar.

The answers concerning this question are clearly laid out in the Bible Maybe you should study it more. Just a suggestion. If it's clearly laid out, you should know it with no excuses about differences in the Independent Baptist churches. The Bible is CLEAR!

• Members
2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

The answers concerning this question are clearly laid out in the Bible Maybe you should study it more. Just a suggestion. If it's clearly laid out, you should know it with no excuses about differences in the Independent Baptist churches. The Bible is CLEAR!

I have not change anything in this post, Those that are truly Saved will not be left behind. If your are living without any fear of God at this movement, serving the flesh only at the moment of the rapture. I beleve your in danger, this is not in the Bible. You can be left-behind.

• Members
29 minutes ago, E Morales said:

I have not change anything in this post, Those that are truly Saved will not be left behind. If your are living without any fear of God at this movement, serving the flesh only at the moment of the rapture. I beleve your in danger, this is not in the Bible. You can be left-behind.

2 Peter 2:20

20] For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
[21] For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
[22] But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

• Members
4 hours ago, E Morales said:

Actually, ones who are truly saved cannot be left behind. They can be backslidden and still be raptured. The judgement seat tells us that we will be judged on our works (1 Cor 3:12-13), and that if any mans works aren't of gold, silver, and precious stones, instead being of wood, hay, and stubble, they will suffer loss of rewards. The Holy Spirit seals believers, so they can NEVER be lost again. We are  SEALED by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4). 

• Members
2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Actually, ones who are truly saved cannot be left behind. They can be backslidden and still be raptured. The judgement seat tells us that we will be judged on our works (1 Cor 3:12-13), and that if any mans works aren't of gold, silver, and precious stones, instead being of wood, hay, and stubble, they will suffer loss of rewards. The Holy Spirit seals believers, so they can NEVER be lost again. We are  SEALED by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4). 

It will be nice if my reply is wrong. Who wants to see their love ones left behind. I don’t, Jesus does not want anyone to perish, it’s our own choice.

• Members
6 minutes ago, E Morales said:

It will be nice if my reply is wrong. Who wants to see their love ones left behind. I don’t, Jesus does not want anyone to perish, it’s our own choice.

I don't know of ANYONE who wants their loved ones left behind. I have many unsaved relatives, including my birth father, stepmother, several brothers and sisters, as well as many nephews and nieces who don't know the Lord. I've witnessed to most of them many times over the years, but they have rejected Christ. Some have cut us off completely, while others have asked us not to bring the subject up unless they do. I take every opening I get to speak to them about the Lord. Yes...the decision to accept or reject Christ is our own, but once that decision is made, if it was truly made, they are saved, and won't be here to suffer under that anti-Christ.

• 9 months later...
  • Members
9 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

The youth have gotten worse since this older post. Who will take over later…

Why all the pessimism? Do you not believe the Bible when it says that there will always be a remnant? There are a lot of younger people who are serving the Lord.  

• Members
10 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Why all the pessimism? Do you not believe the Bible when it says that there will always be a remnant? There are a lot of younger people who are serving the Lord.  

BT, Will you say the number of the youth in our churches, are growing or shrinking.

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

BT, Will you say the number of the youth in our churches, are growing or shrinking.

In the area I'm in the number seems to be growing. College and career aged people are becoming more active in church, ministries, and in outreach. In the high schools there are many(both public and private) that are increasing. But, in many of the churches where there is no clear vision or clear preaching of the Word of God, there is a decline. Some pastors and churches still believe in discipleship. Others don't. I don't go looking for the negative in churches. I try to exhort and uplift. Others don't.