• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian children and youth turning back to the world

• Members

You raise your child in a Christian home and environment. Christian school, and with Christian love. Now they’re over 18 making their own decisions but not the right ones, and not the ones they were taught, what can you do they are adults now. I know that Many will will say all you can do is pray for them or they will come back to the things of the Lord later. The world or evil is pulling them in and their fellow shipping with non-believers which we know is not a good step. My question to you today is, if the rapture took place today, would your love one be left behind for turning back into the World.

Black And White Dancing GIF by Buyout Footage

Edited by E Morales

• Members
6 minutes ago, E Morales said:

You raise your child in a Christian home and environment. Christian school, and with Christian love. Now they’re over 18 making their own decisions but not the right ones, and not the ones they were taught, what can you do they are adults now. I know that Many will will say all you can do is pray for them or they will come back to the things of the Lord later. The world or evil is pulling them in and their fellow shipping with non-believers which we know is not a good step. My question to you today is, if the rapture took place today, would your love one be left behind for turning back into the World.

Black And White Dancing GIF by Buyout Footage

If they truly accepted Christ as their savior, NO, they wouldn't be left behind! I'm sure that you've heard the terminology "Once saved, always saved." God isn't an Indian giver. Just because a person may be enticed by the world and fall away from their following God doesn't mean they lose their salvation or the promise of God to them. They might, however, want to examine themselves to see if their profession of faith was true in the first place.

• Members

But being left behind does not mean they lost their salvation, but they could face the tribulation. They must publicly confess their faith or die, after they die, if they’re saved like you mentioned, once saved, always saved they’ll go to heaven at a price. I believe it will make a difference that day who you are serving.

Driving See Ya GIF by DriveTribe

• Members
3 minutes ago, E Morales said:

But being left behind does not mean they lost their salvation, but they could face the tribulation. They must publicly confess their faith or die, after they die, if they’re saved like you mentioned, once saved, always saved they’ll go to heaven at a price. I believe it will make a difference that day who you are serving.

Driving See Ya GIF by DriveTribe

I don't know where you're getting your theological information, sir, but it's not from the Bible if you believe that!

• Members

It’s just common sense we cannot serve the Lord and the devil at the same time, you will be with either one of the two at the moment.

If your son or daughter is serving the devil after they except Christ as their Savior the Lord may make them prove their faith, there’s nothing tricky about that.

• Members
1 minute ago, E Morales said:

It’s just common sense we cannot serve the Lord and the devil at the same time, you will be with either one of the two at the moment.

Still, it would REQUIRE one to lose their salvation to be left behind. You've got some strange theology going there, @E Morales

• Members
Just now, BrotherTony said:

Still, it would REQUIRE one to lose their salvation to be left behind. You've got some strange theology going there, @E Morales

You might be right but think about it. 

Of course we do not want to see our love ones going through this or even us going through this.

• Members
1 minute ago, PastorMatt said:

Nope they all would go cuz they'd still be saved. 

Yes, but all at the same time? Are there going to be more judgment on earth after the rapture, many will lay down their lives for the faith after they realize that they were wrong .To not receive the Mark.

• Members
34 minutes ago, E Morales said:

You might be right but think about it. 

Of course we do not want to see our love ones going through this or even us going through this.

Why would I "think about it" when it's not feasible? The only people here to "not receive the mark" would be the UNSAVED!

25 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Yes, but all at the same time? Are there going to be more judgment on earth after the rapture, many will lay down their lives for the faith after they realize that they were wrong .To not receive the Mark.

You're totally misinterpreting Scripture, and that's a dangerous thing to do. There will be judgements after the rapture and the end of the tribulation...but I truly believe you need to study the further. You've got a totally unsciptural viewpoint on this subject.

• Members
4 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Why would I "think about it" when it's not feasible? The only people here to "not receive the mark" would be the UNSAVED!

You're totally misinterpreting Scripture, and that's a dangerous thing to do. There will be judgements after the rapture and the end of the tribulation...but I truly believe you need to study the further. You've got a totally unsciptural viewpoint on this subject.

So you are saying, a saved person now in the world serving evil, will be remove as the one serving God now.

During the rapture, as if it was today.

• Members
Just now, E Morales said:

So you are saying, a saved person now in the world serving evil, will be remove as the one serving God now.

During the rapture, as if it was today.

I believe that is what several of us have clearly stated. 

• Members

If a person is truly saved, God will chastise them for their backsliding (and the final extreme step of that chastisement is taking that believer home) - not abandon them when He comes for His own. If "professing" believers can "live like the Devil" and not receive the chastisement of God, then the Bible/God Himself states that they are not His children - and yes, those will be left behind...

• Members
2 hours ago, Jerry said:

If a person is truly saved, God will chastise them for their backsliding (and the final extreme step of that chastisement is taking that believer home) - not abandon them when He comes for His own. If "professing" believers can "live like the Devil" and not receive the chastisement of God, then the Bible/God Himself states that they are not His children - and yes, those will be left behind...

Backsliding, do you know anyone God has taken home early for backsliding in the bible.

• Members
18 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Backsliding, do you know anyone God has taken home early for backsliding in the bible.

Can you show us there weren't??? Back then Christianity was more or less a life and death proposition. Converts either stayed true, or they returned to their former life. The only other option for them was to be like Paul and to be imprisoned and put to death. Besides the Bible wasn't written/finished during a time when people who were true converts would fall away as easily as they do today. 

Edited by BrotherTony