Online Baptist Community
  • Newest Sermon Entry

• By Jim_Alaska in Jim_Alaska's Sermons & Devotionals
      Closed Communion
      James Foley

I Corinthians 11:17-34: "Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's Supper. For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till he come. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come."

INTRODUCTION

Historic Baptists, true Baptists, have believed in and still believe in closed communion. Baptists impose upon themselves the same restrictions that they impose on others concerning the Lord’s Supper. Baptists have always insisted that it is the Lord’s Table, not theirs; and He alone has the right to say who shall sit at His table. No amount of so called brotherly love, or ecumenical spirit, should cause us to invite to His table those who have not complied with the requirements laid down plainly in His inspired Word. With respect to Bible doctrines we must always use the scripture as our guide and practice. For Baptists, two of the most important doctrines are Baptism and The Lord’s Supper. These are the only two doctrines we recognize as Church Ordinances. The Bible is very clear in teaching how these doctrines are to be practiced and by whom.

We only have two ordinances that we must never compromise or we risk our very existence, they are Baptism and The Lord’s Supper.

The moment we deviate from the precise method God has prescribed we have started down the slippery slope of error. True Baptists have held fast to the original doctrine of The Lord’s Supper from the time of Christ and the Apostles.

Unfortunately, in this day of what the Bible describes as the age of luke warmness, Baptists are becoming careless in regard to strictly following the pattern laid out for us in Scripture. Many of our Bible colleges are graduating otherwise sincere, Godly and dedicated pastors and teachers who have not been taught the very strict, biblical requirements that surround the Lord’s Supper. Any Bible college that neglects to teach its students the differences surrounding Closed Communion, Close Communion and Open Communion is not simply short changing its students; it is also not equipping their students to carry on sound Bible traditions. The result is men of God and churches that fall into error. And as we will see, this is serious error.

Should we as Baptists ignore the restrictions made by our Lord and Master? NO! When we hold to the restrictions placed upon the Lord’s Supper by our Master, we are defending the "faith which was once delivered to the saints" Jude 3.

The Lord’s Supper is rigidly restricted and I will show this in the following facts:

IT IS RESTRICTED AS TO PLACE

A. I Corinthians 11:18 says, "When ye come together in the church." This does not mean the church building; they had none. In other words, when the church assembles. The supper is to be observed by the church, in church capacity. Again this does not mean the church house. Ekklesia, the Greek word for church, means assembly. "When ye come together in the church," is when the church assembles.

B. When we say church we mean an assembly of properly baptized believers. Acts 2:41-42: "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers."

The church is made up of saved people who are baptized by immersion. In the Bible, belief precedes baptism. That’s the Bible way.

Acts 8:12-13, "But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done."

When we say properly baptized, we mean immersed. No unbeliever should take the Lord’s supper, and no non-immersed believer should take the supper. Those who are sprinkled are not baptized and cannot receive the supper. The Greek word for baptize is baptizo, and it always means to immerse.

"In every case where communion is referred to, or where it may possibly have been administered, the believers had been baptized Acts 2:42; 8:12; 8:38; 10:47; 6:14-15; 18:8; 20:7. Baptism comes before communion, just as repentance and faith precede baptism".

C. The Lord’s Supper is for baptized believers in church capacity: "When ye come together in the church," again not a building, but the assembly of the properly baptized believers.

D. The fact that the Lord’s Supper is a church ordinance, to be observed in church capacity, is pointed out by the fact that it is for those who have been immersed and added to the fellowship of the church.

E. The Lord’s Supper is never spoken of in connection with individuals. When it is referred to, it is only referred to in reference to baptized believers in local church capacity I Cor. 11:20-26).

I want to quote Dr. W.W. Hamilton,

"The individual administration of the ordinance has no Bible warrant and is a relic of Romanism. The Lord’s Supper is a church ordinance, and anything which goes beyond or comes short of this fails for want of scriptural example or command".

“The practice of taking a little communion kit to hospitals, nursing homes, etc. is unscriptural and does not follow the scriptural example.”

IT IS RESTRICTED TO A UNITED CHURCH

A. The Bible in I Cor. 11:18 is very strong in condemning divisions around the Lord’s table. For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
      19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
      20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

There were no less than four divisions in the Corinthian church.
      I Cor. 1:12: "Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ."

Because of these divisions, it was impossible for them to scripturally eat the Lord’s Supper. Division in the local church is reason to hold off observing the Lord’s Supper. But there are also other reasons to forego taking the Lord’s Supper. If there is gross sin in the membership we do not take it. Here is scriptural evidence for this: 1Co 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us:
      8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
      10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

B. At this point, I want to ask these questions: Are there not doctrinal divisions among the many denominations? Is it not our doctrinal differences that cause us to be separate religious bodies?

IT IS RESTRICTED BY DOCTRINE

A. Those in the early church at Jerusalem who partook "continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine" Acts 2:42. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

B. Those that do not hold to apostolic truth are not to partake. This means there is to be discipline in the local body. How can you discipline those who do not belong to the local body? You can’t. The clear command of scripture is to withdraw fellowship from those who are not doctrinally sound.

II Thes 3:6: "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us."
      Rom. 16:17: "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."
      To commune together means to have the same doctrine.
      II Thes. 2:15: "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."
      II John 10-11: "If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."

C. Some Baptists in our day have watered down this doctrine by practicing what they call “Close Communion.” By this they mean that they believe that members of another Baptist church may take communion with us because they are of the same beliefs. Once again, this is unscriptural.

The welcome to the Lord's Table should not be extended beyond the discipline of the local church. When we take the Lord’s Supper there is supposed to be no gross sin among us and no divisions among us. We have no idea of the spiritual condition of another church’s members. If there is sin or division in the case of this other church’s members, we have no way of knowing it. We cannot discipline them because they are not members of our church. This is why we practice “Closed” communion, meaning it is restricted solely to our church membership. 
      So then, in closing I would like to reiterate the three different ideas concerning the Lord’s Supper and who is to take it. 
      Closed Communion = Only members of a single local church. 
      Close Communion = Members of like faith and order may partake. 
      Open Communion = If you claim to be a Christian, or simply attending the service, you may partake. 
      It is no small thing to attempt to change that which was implemented by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 
      Mt. 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. 
      Many of our Baptist churches have a real need to consider the gravity of the act of observing The Lord’s Supper. It is not a light thing that is to be taken casually or without regard to the spiritual condition of ourselves or our church.
      1Co. 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

Roman Catholic Church

• Members
On 11/6/2021 at 10:28 PM, BrotherTony said:

Question...just how does any of this pertain to the Roman Catholic church. Don't get me wrong, quoting Scripture is a good thing...but the ONLY thing in response? Are you actually trying to convey a message here? Thanks.

The author of the topic asked: "When and how did the Roman Catholic Church actually begin?   Google doesn't help..." 

The Scriptures helps: Two thousand years have passed, and today the primitive true church of the Lord in Rome is transformed in a gigantic religious and satanic MONSTER having 7 heads and 10 horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his 7 heads the name of blasphemy according Revelation 13:v.1 written around 65 years after JESUS ascemsion-. Yeah, this is the current body of the former true church of the Lord in Rome - today the Roman Catholic Church - which rides upon the MAN Beast of sea - the Pope, the Papacy . 

History

The first use of the term "Catholic Church" (literally meaning "universal church") was by the church father Saint Ignatius of Antioch in his Letter to the Smyrnaeans (circa 110 AD). Ignatius of Antioch is also attributed the earliest recorded use of the term "Christianity" (Greek: Χριστιανισμός) (in Catalan) 100 A.D. He died in Rome, with his relics located in the Basilica of San Clemente al Laterano.

• Members
5 hours ago, Oseas3 said:

The author of the topic asked: "When and how did the Roman Catholic Church actually begin?   Google doesn't help..." 

The Scriptures helps: Two thousand years have passed, and today the primitive true church of the Lord in Rome is transformed in a gigantic religious and satanic MONSTER having 7 heads and 10 horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his 7 heads the name of blasphemy according Revelation 13:v.1 written around 65 years after JESUS ascemsion-. Yeah, this is the current body of the former true church of the Lord in Rome - today the Roman Catholic Church - which rides upon the MAN Beast of sea - the Pope, the Papacy . 

History

The first use of the term "Catholic Church" (literally meaning "universal church") was by the church father Saint Ignatius of Antioch in his Letter to the Smyrnaeans (circa 110 AD). Ignatius of Antioch is also attributed the earliest recorded use of the term "Christianity" (Greek: Χριστιανισμός) (in Catalan) 100 A.D. He died in Rome, with his relics located in the Basilica of San Clemente al Laterano.

Christians were called "Christians" before this...The Bible states that they were first called this at Antioch, but it doesn't give a year, or the person using the term. It sound like you're using Cathoic history as fact. Herod Agrippa was one of the first recorded people to mention Christians in his conversation with Paul. Sorry, but your explanation here on this just doesn't seem to fly. 

Now, how about proving that the church in Rome is the "Monster having 7 heads and 10 horns," as there are several differing interpretations throughout the Baptist church for this particular passage. It's important that these things be truthfully and properly interpreted. There are far too many people giving their interpretations without any proof of their interpretation being the truth.

• Members

In another posts above I said that the roots of the Roman Catholic Church is really the primitive TRUE Church of the Lord in Rome established by the apostles of the LORD, mainly Paul Apostle, author of the Epistle to the Romans.  But the former TRUE Church of the Lord JESUS in Rome , established by the Apostles, was frequented mainly  by a Jewish community, and the church apostatized itself as a whole and fell in the hands of Satan, and being linked to the influence of the power of the Roman Empire, first it used the term "Catholic Church", literally signified an "universal church" . 

Since then Satan started to develop his church, his body, the Catholic Church, and created a satanic ministry, the Papacy, the 1st Pope was Linus (67-76AD), and the former TRUE church of the Lord in Rome now leaded and guided by Satan, it became the cradle of Antichrist and it still is today.  Since then satan started to develop his church and developed a systematic opposition and persecution around the world against to the true Churches of the Lord which preached the true Gospel of God's Kingdom, preached firstly by the Lord JESUS Christ, and continued by the Apostles and disciples of the Lord, by the way, it is preached still today. They killed the Apostles of the Lord and a lot of believers, there was Neronic persecution against the believers after the death of Apostles, Nero was a relentless persecutor of Christians, and the former TRUE Church of the Lord, now the APOSTATE Church of Rome, the Catholic Church, did grows in power, and idolatries, and followers, for centuries of centuries. 

With the election of the first Pope, Pope Linus, was born the first Beast of sea, "sea" means peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues-Revelation 17:v.15-; Later was added Roman to the name of the Church, now called Roman Catholic Church;  266 Popes were elected until today-year 2021-, thus Satan mantained his religious and satanic structures around the world through the Papacy last 2.000 years, i..e. in Europe, and Asia, and Africa, and Oceania(Australia), North America, Central America and South America, as a whole, in 7 regiões of the Planet Earth.  Thus, the body of Satan, the Roman Catholic Church, developed his 7 heads. 

But the body of Satan, besides the Beast of sea-the Papacy-a Gentile Beast-, and the great whore which rides upon him, the Roman Catholic Church, has also 10 horns and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his 7 heads the name of blasphemy.  Since the beginning of the satanic church of Rome, the apostate Roman Catholic Church, the Jewish community interacted in the development of the devilish and religious structures of the idolater Church of Rome,  Israel that was formed by ten(10) tribes,  always was an idolater nation, the main prostitute was Oholivah, Yerushalayim is Oholivah -Ezekiel 23:v.4 among others.

Now, in the end of the times, the apostate Roman Catholic Church will be linked to the false messiah of the Jews NOT BY POPE FRANCIS BUT BY THE NEXT AND LAST POPE, maybe NICKNAMED Paulus VII , in fact the false messiah is an esoteric, and kabbalistic, and spiritist false messiah(John 5:v.43-47 and 8:v.44-47), a false Christ, another Beast coming up out of the earth; and he has two horns like a lamb (a false lamb, of course), and he speaks as a Dragon. The false messiah will be enthroned in Jerusalem-Israel- and he will exercise all the power of the FIRST and ancient Beast-the Papacy-before him-before the Pope-, and will cause the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first Beast-the Pope-, and he will do great wonders, so that he will make fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, and  deceive them that dwell on the earth(in Israel) by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the Beast of sea, saying to them that dwell on the earth-Israel-, that they should make an image to the Beast, the Beast of sea-the Pope.

Then THERE WILL BE TWO STRONG AND SATANIC BEAST  on the Earth, both will make a deal to build and establish an universal religious and satanic Empire, taking advantage of or using all the structures of the Roman Catholic Church, and the FIRST who will rule the universal and satanic religious kingdom is the Pope for 42 months because the treaty will be for seven(7) years. And the false messiah, the Beast like a lamb, the Dragon, will give to the Pope his Power, and his Throne in Jerusalem-Israel-, and great Authority-Revelation 13:v.2. With this satanic event, the body of Satan, through the Beast o sea-the Papacy-, will be of 7 heads and 10 horns-10 tribes of Israel represented by the esoteric and kabbalistic false messiah, who will be the main guide of the esoteric and kabbalistic Judaism, and ruler of the nation of Israel, the profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end-Ezekiel 21:v.25. This profane wicked and ruthless prince of Israel will rule the 2nd half of 7 years.Woe of the inhabitanters of the earth-Israel-, and of the sea! for the Devil is come down unto you, having great wrath.

Get ready

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

I don't know where you get your theology or church history. There was pope anywhere in the first century. The earliest indications of anything along those lines was with Constantine in 312 AD. But it not for almost 300 more years after that that there was anything along the lines of a universal/catholic pope (Pope Gregory). Anyone stating there were popes in the first three centuries after the start of the church is just making things up to fit their history.

• Administrators

"the primitive true church of the Lord" as you call it was never the Catholic church; which church began almost four hundred years after the first Church at Jerusalem. they are four hundred years too late to be the true church.

Jesus instituted the first church during His personal ministry on earth. You can read about this church in the Bible, it was the church at Jerusalem. We don't have to guess at which church was first, the Bible tells us, we also don't have to make up preposterous stories to try to prove our own pre-conceived ideas.

A Catholic, Cardinal Hosius, was the president of the Council of Trent. He wrote this in the year 1545: “were it not that the Baptists have been grievously tormented and cut off with the knife during the past twelve hundred years, they would swarm in greater numbers than all of the Reformers.”  This should convince anyone that Baptists are not the by-product of the Reformation and are not Protestants in any sense of the term. We predate both the Reformers and the Catholics.

World historian John Clark Ridpath, who was a Methodist, wrote this in 1840: “I should not readily admit that there was a Baptist church as far back as 100 a.d. Although without doubt there were Baptist churches then, as all Christians were then Baptists.”

• Members
On 11/15/2021 at 5:59 AM, BrotherTony said:

Christians were called "Christians" before this...The Bible states that they were first called this at Antioch, but it doesn't give a year, or the person using the term. It sound like you're using Cathoic history as fact. Herod Agrippa was one of the first recorded people to mention Christians in his conversation with Paul. Sorry, but your explanation here on this just doesn't seem to fly. 

My source was history of the satanic church of Rome ruled and guided by the Beast of sea-the devilish Papacy. 

On 11/15/2021 at 5:59 AM, BrotherTony said:

Now, how about proving that the church in Rome is the "Monster having 7 heads and 10 horns," as there are several differing interpretations throughout the Baptist church for this particular passage. It's important that these things be truthfully and properly interpreted. There are far too many people giving their interpretations without any proof of their interpretation being the truth.

English is not my native language, but I tried the best I could to describe how Satan developed his church, his body, since the birth of the idolater and devilish Catholic Church, later Roman Catholic Church, and also how the ten horns will be linked to the body of Satan, the RCC, as soon manifest himself the esoteric, and kabbalistic, and spiritist messiah of the Jews, future ruller of Israel and main guide of the esoteric, and kabbalistic, and spiritist Judaism.  Both Judaism and Catholicism will be united to build the fifth and last UNIVERSAL kingdom of Satan on the Planet Earth, the EPHEMERAL Antichrist's Empire, for 7 years, the last week of Daniel 9:v.2-, the 70th week, whose week will be MANAGED by the ruthless and wicked, and satanic, PRINCE of Israel, the false messiah, the Beast who will come up out of the earth-ISRAEL-; having two horns like a lamb, but he speaks as a Dragon- Satan-.

26 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't know where you get your theology or church history. There was pope anywhere in the first century. The earliest indications of anything along those lines was with Constantine in 312 AD. But it not for almost 300 more years after that that there was anything along the lines of a universal/catholic pope (Pope Gregory). Anyone stating there were popes in the first three centuries after the start of the church is just making things up to fit their history.

List of popes - Wikipedia

• Members
14 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

"the primitive true church of the Lord" as you call it was never the Catholic church; which church began almost four hundred years after the first Church at Jerusalem. they are four hundred years too late to be the true church.

The primitive TRUE Church of the Lord in Rome was established by the apostles of the LORD, mainly Paul Apostle, author of the Epistle to the Romans.  But the former TRUE Church of the Lord JESUS in Rome , established by the Apostles, was frequented mainly  by a Jewish community, and the church apostatized itself as a whole and fell in the hands of Satan, and being linked to the influence of the power of the Roman Empire, first it used the term "Catholic Church", literally signified an "universal church" . 

Since when is Wickedpedia a valid source of truth? Of course they got some Catholics editing their entries to state that there were popes in the first century. Some churches had grown lukewarm in the first century (as the letter to Ephesus in Revelation 2 shows us), but for the most part there were no apostate churches until the time of Constantine (mostly just individuals).*

*Seeing as how I believe Revelation 2-3 has several applications, one of which being that these seven letters were addressed to literal first century churches, then yes, we see several churches going apostate (Thytira, for example), but most of those changes and compromises took hundreds of years to develop before they affected the other churches at large. Jesus' parable of the woman who added leaven to the church certainly fit this, and we see Revelation 17-18 shows us how those apostate churches later became.

Also, right off the bat, Romans was a gentile church, not a Jewish church.

• Members
28 minutes ago, Jerry said:

There were many many Jews in Rome, and the fame of a NEW "religion or sect according was said" planted by JESUS in Israel was spreading everywhere. Three days after he arrived in Rome, Paul called the Jewish leaders in Rome, and as a result, many Jews in Rome came to visit him, and Paul explained that he was arrested because of his faith in Israel's hope. They decided to hear more (Acts 28:17-22), and a large number of Jews gathered at Paul's house, and he tried to convince them about Jesus (28:23) and the Kingdom of God, there was a division among the Jews, some believing and others rejecting the Word (28:24-29).

Paul said to the Jews: Romans 2:v.1-11

1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
2 But we are sure that the Judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the Judgment of God?
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous Judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
11 There is no respect of persons with God.

Then the Church of our Lord JESUS developed itself in Rome, and Satan in parallel worked too. Thus Paul was concerned about the apostasy in the Church of Rome, he took very care for the spiritual development of the brothers in Rome. Paul gave his last instructions and admonitions to the brothers of the Church in Rome, warning them of an apostate movement mainly by Jews among the brothers, even in the Church of the Lord there established by him and other apostles.Rom.16:17-20:
-17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and AVOID THEM.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by GOOD WORDS and FAIR SPEECHES DECEIVE the hearts of the simple.
19 For YOUR OBEDIENCE is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
20 And the God of peace SHALL BRUISE SATAN UNDER YOUR FEET SHORTLY.THIS WILL FULFILL LIETERALLY FROM NOW ON-ALLELUJAH!

John Apostle also wrote about the apostasy mainly about the primitive and true Church of the LORD in Rome, as follow:
1 John 2:v.19 - They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out,that they might be made manifest that THEY WERE NOT ALL OF US.

It is very interesting this revelation of the Apostle John concerning the primitive and genuine Church of the LORD in Rome, which apostatized even in the time of the Apostles, mainly the Jewish believers, and it linked politically to the Roman Empire, and the Church was called Catholic Church, and become a CORRUPTED CHURCH in the hands of Satan.

Again: "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out,that they might be made manifest that THEY WERE NOT ALL OF US"-1John 2:v.19-then they started to persecute the true Churches of the LORD, they killed the Apostles Paul and Peter among others. By the way, notice that Revelation describes(year 95AD and 65 years after JESUS's ascension)the spiritual conditions of the 7 Churches of Asia, but the Church of Rome, later denominated Roman Catholic Church, which would be the eighth, it was excluded because was totally in the hands of the Devil, and would be according Scriptures the Seat of Satan, the headquarter of the body of Devil, the idolater, apostate, and devilish church of Rome.

And now, even now, with the manifestation of the MAN Beast of earth with two horns like a lamb, a false lamb, a Jewish false messiah (John 5:v.43-47) but speaks as Dragon, then there will be two Beasts reigning on the Earth, one in Rome and another in Jerusalem, as Paul apostle warned, saying; 2Thes.2:v.3to12:

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (He who is not of the Lord, Satan will take with him, and there will be battle: Revelation 12:v.7-17 and 16:v.13-16).

And ONE of the 7 heads of the satanic and religious MONSTER guided by the Beast of sea will be wounded to death by the Sword, and his wound will be healed by the MAN Beast of earth, the son of perdition, the little horn, who was born from one of the 10 tribes of Israel, the tribe of Dan, he is already living in his country, and must manifest himself soon. And he, even he himself, will give to the Beast of sea-the Pope-his Power,and his Seat in Jerusalem, spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, and great Authority, and the wound of the head of the Beast of sea will be healed by the false messiah of the Jews-John 5:v.43-47 combined with Revelation 13:v.3.

But the GOD of peace SHALL BRUISE SATAN UNDER YOUR FEET SHORTLY. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

I didn't say there were no Jews in Rome - but it was a Gentile church, and Paul - the Apostle to the Gentiles - was showing how God put aside the Jewish nation and turned to the Gentiles (which makes it the opposite of what you are saying).

Why are you here posting wacky things over and over? No one here is in support of the Catholic church in any sense - and I personally believe the Antichrist will be the Pope/head of the Catholic church for the first three and 1/2 years of the Tribulation period, until he casts off the woman (riding the beast) and sets himself up as God, and gets indwelt by Satan. BUT you are teaching just anything wacky - and to most if not all posters here can't understand the majority of what you are saying. Why not just stick with the Bible, not your wacky theories or religious ideas? Do you get more brownie points in your religion if you flood message boards with a lot of junk?

Edited by Jerry
typed too fast and missed a couple of words

• Members
8 hours ago, Oseas said:

My source was history of the satanic church of Rome ruled and guided by the Beast of sea-the devilish Papacy. 

English is not my native language, but I tried the best I could to describe how Satan developed his church, his body, since the birth of the idolater and devilish Catholic Church, later Roman Catholic Church, and also how the ten horns will be linked to the body of Satan, the RCC, as soon manifest himself the esoteric, and kabbalistic, and spiritist messiah of the Jews, future ruller of Israel and main guide of the esoteric, and kabbalistic, and spiritist Judaism.  Both Judaism and Catholicism will be united to build the fifth and last UNIVERSAL kingdom of Satan on the Planet Earth, the EPHEMERAL Antichrist's Empire, for 7 years, the last week of Daniel 9:v.2-, the 70th week, whose week will be MANAGED by the ruthless and wicked, and satanic, PRINCE of Israel, the false messiah, the Beast who will come up out of the earth-ISRAEL-; having two horns like a lamb, but he speaks as a Dragon- Satan-.

List of popes - Wikipedia

I'm sorry, but having gone to a RCC, and then a Greek Orthodox church for a few years before I was saved because my fiance at the time was Greek Orthodox, I find that your information is more of a RCC nature than of an HONEST, well studied assessment of the Scriptures. Your link to Wikapedia is nothing more than RCC propoganda. English as your first language or not, you've stated your position clear enough that I know it's not a good representation of Christian history, or of the Bible itself.

• Members
17 hours ago, Jerry said:

Since when is Wickedpedia a valid source of truth? Of course they got some Catholics editing their entries to state that there were popes in the first century. Some churches had grown lukewarm in the first century (as the letter to Ephesus in Revelation 2 shows us), but for the most part there were no apostate churches until the time of Constantine (mostly just individuals).*

*Seeing as how I believe Revelation 2-3 has several applications, one of which being that these seven letters were addressed to literal first century churches, then yes, we see several churches going apostate (Thytira, for example), but most of those changes and compromises took hundreds of years to develop before they affected the other churches at large. Jesus' parable of the woman who added leaven to the church certainly fit this, and we see Revelation 17-18 shows us how those apostate churches later became.

If you see well, Wickepedia doesn't say Linus as first Pope. I did not say the first Pope according Wickepedia, My point was to highlight that :

Since then Satan started to develop his church, his body, the Catholic Church, and created a satanic ministry, the Papacy, the 1st Pope was Linus (67-76AD), and the former TRUE church of the Lord in Rome now leaded and guided by Satan, it became the cradle of Antichrist and it still is today.  Since then satan started to develop his church and developed a systematic opposition and persecution around the world against to the true Churches of the Lord which preached the true Gospel of God's Kingdom, preached firstly by the Lord JESUS Christ, and continued by the Apostles and disciples of the Lord, by the way, it is preached still today. They killed the Apostles of the Lord and a lot of believers, there was Neronic persecution against the believers after the death of Apostles, Nero was a relentless persecutor of Christians, and the former TRUE Church of the Lord, now the APOSTATE Church of Rome, the Catholic Church, did grows in power, and idolatries, and followers, for centuries of centuries. 

With the election of the first Pope, Pope Linus, was born the first Beast of sea, "sea" means peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues-Revelation 17:v.15-; Later was added Roman to the name of the Church, now called Roman Catholic Church;  266 Popes were elected until today-year 2021-, thus Satan mantained his religious and satanic structures around the world through the Papacy last 2.000 years, i..e. in Europe, and Asia, and Africa, and Oceania(Australia), North America, Central America and South America, as a whole, in 7 regiões of the Planet Earth.  Thus, the body of Satan, the Roman Catholic Church, developed his 7 heads. 

But the body of Satan, besides the Beast of sea-the Papacy-a Gentile Beast-, and the great whore which rides upon him, the Roman Catholic Church, has also 10 horns and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his 7 heads the name of blasphemy.  Since the beginning of the satanic church of Rome, the apostate Roman Catholic Church, the Jewish community interacted in the development of the devilish and religious structures of the idolater Church of Rome,  Israel that was formed by ten(10) tribes,  always was an idolater nation, the main prostitute was Oholivah, Yerushalayim is Oholivah -Ezekiel 23:v.4 among others.

Now, in the end of the times, the apostate Roman Catholic Church will be linked to the false messiah of the Jews NOT BY POPE FRANCIS BUT BY THE NEXT AND LAST POPE, maybe NICKNAMED Paulus VII , in fact the false messiah is an esoteric, and kabbalistic, and spiritist false messiah(John 5:v.43-47 and 8:v.44-47), a false Christ, another Beast coming up out of the earth; and he has two horns like a lamb (a false lamb, of course), and he speaks as a Dragon. The false messiah will be enthroned in Jerusalem-Israel- and he will exercise all the power of the FIRST and ancient Beast-the Papacy-before him-before the Pope-, and will cause the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first Beast-the Pope-, and he will do great wonders, so that he will make fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, and  deceive them that dwell on the earth(in Israel) by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the Beast of sea, saying to them that dwell on the earth-Israel-, that they should make an image to the Beast, the Beast of sea-the Pope.

Then THERE WILL BE TWO STRONG AND SATANIC BEAST  on the Earth, both will make a deal to build and establish an universal religious and satanic Empire, taking advantage of or using all the structures of the Roman Catholic Church, and the FIRST who will rule the universal and satanic religious kingdom is the Pope for 42 months because the treaty will be for seven(7) years. And the false messiah, the Beast like a lamb, the Dragon, will give to the Pope his Power, and his Throne in Jerusalem-Israel-, and great Authority-Revelation 13:v.2. With this satanic event, the body of Satan, through the Beast o sea-the Papacy-, will be of 7 heads and 10 horns-10 tribes of Israel represented by the esoteric and kabbalistic false messiah, who will be the main guide of the esoteric and kabbalistic Judaism, and ruler of the nation of Israel, the profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end-Ezekiel 21:v.25. This profane wicked and ruthless prince of Israel will rule the 2nd half of 7 years.Woe of the inhabitanters of the earth-Israel-, and of the sea! for the Devil is come down unto you, having great wrath.

Get ready

Are you going to say a rehashed version of the exact same thing everytime you post?

why not stick with the Bible and what it says about the apostate church of the endtimes? Going on about some cabbalistic nonsense is not winning you any points with anyone here.

Yes, the Catholic church is evil. Why not show how it fits the passages in the book of Revelation, instead of quoting some made up history?

• Members
On 11/19/2021 at 1:02 AM, Jerry said:

Why are you here posting wacky things over and over? No one here is in support of the Catholic church in any sense - and I personally believe the Antichrist will be the Pope/head of the Catholic church for the first three and 1/2 years of the Tribulation period, until he casts off the woman (riding the beast) and sets himself up as God, and gets indwelt by Satan.

Making a recycling of your message, what I can say is that you are right when you say the Pope will be the head "for the first three and 1/2 years of the Tribulation period", but you did not give any Scripture to support your assertion, it seems you say that only by presumptions and speculations, conjectures, imaginations, opinions, you do not cite any Scriptures, so without support of Scriptures the things you say is good for nothing. 

There will be two Beasts:  (1) Revelation 13:v.1 to 10; and another (2) Revelation 13:v.11 to 18.  Which of these two Beasts do you say be the Pope? 

Since the Pope "will be the head "for the first three and 1/2 years of the Tribulation period" as you said correctly,  then tell us who will be the head of the second three and 1/2 years of the Tribulation period, according the Word of GOD?   The Word is GOD, understand?

On 11/19/2021 at 6:41 AM, BrotherTony said:

I'm sorry, but having gone to a RCC, and then a Greek Orthodox church for a few years before I was saved because my fiance at the time was Greek Orthodox, I find that your information is more of a RCC nature than of an HONEST, well studied assessment of the Scriptures. Your link to Wikapedia is nothing more than RCC propoganda. English as your first language or not, you've stated your position clear enough that I know it's not a good representation of Christian history, or of the Bible itself.

If you see well, Wickepedia doesn't say Linus as first Pope. I did not say the first Pope according Wickepedia, My point was to highlight that :
Since then, since the election of one as 1st Pope of the ancient Catholic Church (not called Roman yet),  Satan started to develop his church, his body, the Catholic Church, and created a satanic ministry, the Papacy, the 1st Pope was Linus (67-76AD), and the worse is that the former TRUE church of the Lord in Rome now leaded and guided by Satan, it became the cradle of Antichrist and it still is today.  

Now, you were a Catholic follower,  it seems you still believe that the first Pope was Peter the Apostle, what is a blasphemy preached by the Beast of sea until the current time, or after past around two thousand years.  

• Members
On 11/19/2021 at 5:44 PM, Jerry said:

Are you going to say a rehashed version of the exact same thing everytime you post?

why not stick with the Bible and what it says about the apostate church of the endtimes? Going on about some cabbalistic nonsense is not winning you any points with anyone here.

Yes, the Catholic church is evil. Why not show how it fits the passages in the book of Revelation, instead of quoting some made up history?

Why didn't you post your interpretations on Revelation about the idolater and satanic Catholic Church, instead to censure me? 

I have debated and presented Scripture for my various positions on the endtimes in the past on these boards and others. The issue is you keep repeating the same things over and over in a manner that is hard to read and follow and does not make any sense. I don't have any problem with teaching the truth and showing what Bible passages my various viewpoints are derived from.

Also, what's with the sudden slander now? Just because I don't agree with you (because of your continual rehashing of the same info over and over and because most of what you say does not make any sense) doesn't mean I follow or support the Catholic church or any Pope.

Again, Baptists (historically) do not follow the Pope or the Catholic church, nor believe that there were any Popes for the first few hundred years after the church was started.

25 minutes ago, Oseas3 said:

Why didn't you post your interpretations on Revelation about the idolater and satanic Catholic Church, instead to censure me? 

Why waste my time refuting wild rantings? You are obviously not coming here in search of the truth or wanting to fellowship over the Bible. You appear to be here just to do a hit and run with your propaganda, and keep posting the same thing over and over again - regardless of how anyone responds or whether there is any interest in your stated theologies.

If you want a soapbox to rant on, why not find one in your own language where you can communicate effectively (you have mentioned the language barrier and difficulty in communicating in some past posts) and teach them whatever "truth" you think you have?

Edited by Jerry

Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

• Members
48 minutes ago, Oseas3 said:

Making a recycling of your message, what I can say is that you are right when you say the Pope will be the head "for the first three and 1/2 years of the Tribulation period", but you did not give any Scripture to support your assertion, it seems you say that only by presumptions and speculations, conjectures, imaginations, opinions, you do not cite any Scriptures, so without support of Scriptures the things you say is good for nothing. 

There will be two Beasts:  (1) Revelation 13:v.1 to 10; and another (2) Revelation 13:v.11 to 18.  Which of these two Beasts do you say be the Pope? 

Since the Pope "will be the head "for the first three and 1/2 years of the Tribulation period" as you said correctly,  then tell us who will be the head of the second three and 1/2 years of the Tribulation period, according the Word of GOD?   The Word is GOD, understand?

Since then, since the election of one as 1st Pope of the ancient Catholic Church (not called Roman yet),  Satan started to develop his church, his body, the Catholic Church, and created a satanic ministry, the Papacy, the 1st Pope was Linus (67-76AD), and the worse is that the former TRUE church of the Lord in Rome now leaded and guided by Satan, it became the cradle of Antichrist and it still is today.  

Now, you were a Catholic follower,  it seems you still believe that the first Pope was Peter the Apostle, what is a blasphemy preached by the Beast of sea until the current time, or after past around two thousand years.  

I was NEVER a cathoic "follower." I attended a catholic church with my then fiance...Please, read and comprehend. You still seem to be talking in circles, and it's not making any sense. i have NEVER believed that Peter was the first pope, and it's disengenuous of you to try and assert that I do. You are regurgatatng what you believe to be facts concerning the RCC. The first pope, historically, is believed to be Tertullian in the 3rd century AD. I don't know where you are getting your facts, but they seem to line up more with the RCC's teaching with the exception of you naming Peter as the Pope. The only other possibility would be Constantine after declaring Christianity the state religion.