• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How do Pastors of a Baptist church gets paid

• Members

I know that some will say it’s none of my business and that’s correct it is not, but I always wonder because visiting many Baptist churches southern and independent, I noticed that the Southern Baptist pastors or preachers get paid more is there a reason for this. This could be a reason why some pastors prefer to be in a southern Baptist church the wages.

pant suit wow GIF

• Members

I've never noticed a disparity in pay between the IFB and SBC churches. Granted, there are some SBC churches that pay more, but that is usually because the pastor doesn't have a "parsonage." Most of the IFB churches I was a member of had these homes for their pastors in close proximity to the church.

• Members
51 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I've never noticed a disparity in pay between the IFB and SBC churches. Granted, there are some SBC churches that pay more, but that is usually because the pastor doesn't have a "parsonage." Most of the IFB churches I was a member of had these homes for their pastors in close proximity to the church.

I also notice their life stye are more humble, you can say less professional the independent pastors, he will preach in a large tent or building. Air-conditioning or not. 

• Members
1 hour ago, E Morales said:

I also notice their life stye are more humble, you can say less professional the independent pastors, he will preach in a large tent or building. Air-conditioning or not. 

I know of several Independent Baptist pastors who hold tent revivals several times a year. That's not a really common thing with them, but it does happen.

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

I know of several Independent Baptist pastors who hold tent revivals several times a year. That's not a really common thing with them, but it does happen.

There are many good Southern Baptist Preachers that would be great independent Baptist preachers. But they use many versions of the Bible. New is not always better, I am KJ preferred but not only. You can lead a lost person to Christ with other Bibles.

• Members
3 hours ago, E Morales said:

There are many good Southern Baptist Preachers that would be great independent Baptist preachers. But they use many versions of the Bible. New is not always better, I am KJ preferred but not only. You can lead a lost person to Christ with other Bibles.

I'm KJV preferred. I used to hold to the "only" position, but I left it after it seemed to get too rabid.