• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer for my mom, please

• Administrators

So it's time for an update.

Mom went to the oral surgeon today. He told her she could put her teeth in to eat if she's comfortable with it...she can wear an old pair for a bit, but her most recent pair doesn't fit any more. So she's going to need new teeth. But he said that things seem to be healing well. He told her that the pain is from nerve damage and explained how the nerves in the face work. She was glad to learn this.

This past Sunday was the second Sunday night that both mom and I were able to make it to church (I went once in November when someone stayed with Mom, and again in January when hubs stayed home sick). It was so great to be back! We've been able to go to Wednesday night services the last 2 weeks as well. I don't know if that will be the case every week, but I'm so thankful we've been able to get there. 

She is using the walker most of the time at home, and I have gone with Randy a couple of times, leaving her home alone during the day. I've been nervous both times, and I will not leave her home alone at night. But I'm so thankful she's improving. She still has a ways to go - the oral surgeon said it could take up to a year for the nerves to heal. But it's coming!

Thank you for your prayers.