• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer for my mom, please

• Administrators

Here I come again...

This morning I heard a thump from my mom's room. Called to her, didn't hear anything. She had fallen and was unconscious, bleeding badly from her mouth. Thankfully my husband had not left yet, so he came in. We could not get her to respond, didn't realize she was unconscious. She was on her stomach, with her limbs jerking and she was groaning. I will never forget that sound. We called 911.

Upshot is that she is on her way to the hospital, with a likely face fracture. Please pray for her. Nobody can be with her because of this idiotic state's "response" to the tax-payer-funded-manmade "virus.

My mom is 82, so not young. But she's in mostly great health.  My grandma died from a fall because she developed pneumonia. The paramedic told me she likely won't be left in bed, because she is mostly mobile, so chance of pneumonia isn't likely.

Thank you for praying for my precious mom.

• Members

I'm praying for your mother as I type this, and will continue to pray for her. Keep us updated on her progress. I know how hard it is to have one of your parents go through something like this, or anything that could potentially lead to their homegoing. I got a call day before yesterday from my little brother in Montana, and he told me that my birth father had spent four days in the VA Hospital in Louisville, KY. My brother thought that Pop had Covid, but he had pneumonia. He's home now, but weak. He's going on 80, and dying of emphysema. So, you can be sure I'll be praying for your mother. 

• Members
43 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

A friend who is a nurse thought the same, Jim. She wanted me to ask the doctors to check her brain for it.

Well, I just talked to mom a couple minutes ago. They are moving her to Seattle. The CT showed brain bleed. 

I'm so sorry, LuAnne. I will continue in prayer for your mother. 

• Members
1 hour ago, HappyChristian said:

A friend who is a nurse thought the same, Jim. She wanted me to ask the doctors to check her brain for it.

Well, I just talked to mom a couple minutes ago. They are moving her to Seattle. The CT showed brain bleed. 

May the good Lord bless your mother and the doctors that will help her. Get well soon. Peace to you and your love ones.

• Administrators

So I spoke to the nurse at our local hospital. She gave me a bit more detail. The brain bleed is significant, she has a hematoma, and her left jaw and the left part of her face by her eye is fractured. This is why they sent her to Seattle. Harborview is #1 in the whole state for trauma. 

She is slated for a number of tests and consultations tonight, and the medical team is supposed to call me in an hour or hour and half. She's alert and talking, which is a good sign. But still...

And to top it off, I have a procedure tomorrow for which I am taking prescription today - and I just threw it all up. Ugh...I have a message in to the nurse about what to do. 

I know the Lord is in control. But I must confess to being very sick at heart as well.

• Administrators

I had mentioned the brain bleed in an earlier post. The doc told me that it had stabilized and that the blood would absorb back into the brain.  We are supposed to pay attention to her speech/mouth in case of stroke. Not that they think she's going to have one, but just as a caution.

• Administrators

I agree LuAnne, watch for unusual signs, stroke can be insidious. My wife had a stroke last November while she was waiting in line at a burger joint. One minute she was in line, the next she knew she woke up in the ER. There was no warning.

She had to go through a month of rehab, but fortunately made a full recovery. She was  alone in town at the time, I was at home, almost 50 miles away. They would not allow me in to visit because of Covid, so, I never got to see her until she was released and came home.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

@Jerry, I'm sorry, I just saw this! I've been thinking I need to update because it's been a while. 

Mom is coming along in regards to her fall.  Her face still hurts her, which I guess is normal as the bones knit together. One doc told her it would be six weeks before she could put her teeth in, but another nixed that and said it would be more like six months. She met with her primary care doctor who set up an appt with an oral surgeon next month to get an exray. She's hoping she'll be far enough along to get some teeth. Her ophthalmologist believes she'll have to get new teeth, which mom is fine with. lol

Her ocular break is still not healed. She has another appointment with her eye doc in a couple of months. She is still somewhat unsteady on her feet, so uses the walker in the house. She's gotten to where she doesn't use it at church, but is very careful.

She is still not up to night church, so I can't go on Sun/Wed evenings either. We are hoping and praying that she can return to it in February. It seems that at night the pain and/or discomfort intensifies.

Right now we are all dealing with respiratory issues. I'm keeping her medicated up. ?

One other thing - the lid of the left eye was paralyzed and she couldn't blink. The eye doc though maybe she had an ulcer starting on the eye itself. Turns out it is scarring from the fall, no ulcer. Praise the Lord for that! AND the paralyzing seems to be wearing off a bit as she's able to blink more (which will help with the dry eye issue) and close her eye a bit.

• Members
1 hour ago, HappyChristian said:

@Jerry, I'm sorry, I just saw this! I've been thinking I need to update because it's been a while. 

Mom is coming along in regards to her fall.  Her face still hurts her, which I guess is normal as the bones knit together. One doc told her it would be six weeks before she could put her teeth in, but another nixed that and said it would be more like six months. She met with her primary care doctor who set up an appt with an oral surgeon next month to get an exray. She's hoping she'll be far enough along to get some teeth. Her ophthalmologist believes she'll have to get new teeth, which mom is fine with. lol

Her ocular break is still not healed. She has another appointment with her eye doc in a couple of months. She is still somewhat unsteady on her feet, so uses the walker in the house. She's gotten to where she doesn't use it at church, but is very careful.

She is still not up to night church, so I can't go on Sun/Wed evenings either. We are hoping and praying that she can return to it in February. It seems that at night the pain and/or discomfort intensifies.

Right now we are all dealing with respiratory issues. I'm keeping her medicated up. ?

One other thing - the lid of the left eye was paralyzed and she couldn't blink. The eye doc though maybe she had an ulcer starting on the eye itself. Turns out it is scarring from the fall, no ulcer. Praise the Lord for that! AND the paralyzing seems to be wearing off a bit as she's able to blink more (which will help with the dry eye issue) and close her eye a bit.

Thanks for the update, LuAnne. I'm glad to know your mother is doing better.