• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?

• Members
4 hours ago, Salyan said:

Excuse me? I did not send you any email...

I never stated you PERSONALLY sent me an emai...the site sent me an email when you made a response...I guess you modified your statement. It doesn't show that you did...yet, most posters on here show it if they modify their statements. 

Edited by BrotherTony

• Moderators

Oh! I didn’t realize it could do that. Hmm. 

The original post I was writing was worded more strongly - although still within the bounds of my authority as a moderator. I decided that the additional words were unnecessary and would be unhelpful, so I removed them. This was not a case of trying to cover something up, but rather trying to be more circumspect with my words. (It’s a little unfair of the site mechanics to mess with that!) I’m not sure what you think forwarding that to the admins will accomplish, but I am perfectly comfortable with them reading the original wording. 

Tony, you need to respect the authority of the moderators as well as the administrators. There is no practical difference when it comes to moderating site activity. 

• Members
29 minutes ago, Salyan said:

Oh! I didn’t realize it could do that. Hmm. 

The original post I was writing was worded more strongly - although still within the bounds of my authority as a moderator. I decided that the additional words were unnecessary and would be unhelpful, so I removed them. This was not a case of trying to cover something up, but rather trying to be more circumspect with my words. (It’s a little unfair of the site mechanics to mess with that!) I’m not sure what you think forwarding that to the admins will accomplish, but I am perfectly comfortable with them reading the original wording. 

Tony, you need to respect the authority of the moderators as well as the administrators. There is no practical difference when it comes to moderating site activity. 

I understand that...but again...If you want to discuss this further, I've already PM'd you once. If you want to discuss this on the open forum, that's fine..I'm comfortable doing that. I DO respect the moderators...but, in your case, you have seemed to single me out, and have since I first joined this site. No offense is meant to you, and I'm not trying to accuse you of being dishonest in your posting...just letting you know what the site did. I've not had any problems with anyone else as far as moderators or administration outside of our two or three interactions since April. I haven't forwarded the email to the administrators. I don't know that I will. But, I made them aware that this is the second time you've singled me out. More consistancy and even-handed action on your part would be appreciated.

• Members
47 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I understand that...but again...If you want to discuss this further, I've already PM'd you once. If you want to discuss this on the open forum, that's fine..I'm comfortable doing that. I DO respect the moderators...but, in your case, you have seemed to single me out, and have since I first joined this site. No offense is meant to you, and I'm not trying to accuse you of being dishonest in your posting...just letting you know what the site did. I've not had any problems with anyone else as far as moderators or administration outside of our two or three interactions since April. I haven't forwarded the email to the administrators. I don't know that I will. But, I made them aware that this is the second time you've singled me out. More consistancy and even-handed action on your part would be appreciated.

I thought you were a moderator at first, brother Tony. Maybe in the future you can be one. I know that there was times you were mad at my post. Like Happy Christian was with me. But I think she has understand me better and left me alone. She do cares, and the Lord is using her. You do show anger sometimes, just don’t take it personal. God can uses you too. I can see you are doing much better. We are all different. Praise God

• Members
1 hour ago, E Morales said:

I thought you were a moderator at first, brother Tony. Maybe in the future you can be one. I know that there was times you were mad at my post. Like Happy Christian was with me. But I think she has understand me better and left me alone. She do cares, and the Lord is using her. You do show anger sometimes, just don’t take it personal. God can uses you too. I can see you are doing much better. We are all different. Praise God

I don't show anger at all. I am, however, quite direct about things. This is often mistaken for anger. Anger is counterproductive. I don't mince words. I have been moderator and administrator of my own boards, and I didn't have a hard time with anyone. I let them know in advance the guidelnes of the site, and if they didn't like them, or violated them more than two or three times, they were suspended. I felt I was pretty lenient. I don't have anything personal against Salyan...how could I? I don't even know her. And no offense was taken concerning your statement, so don't worry. ?