• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?

• Members

There are many Christians who say we shouldn't celebrate Halloween. There are also many who see nothing wrong with it. Why do you believe we should or shouldn't celebrate it? 

I would appreciate as detailed an answer as you can give if that's possible.  I have my own beliefs/convictions on this and don't need lectures from others...that's not what this question is about, especially since nobody knows what I believe, and I won't be revealing what I believe to keep this on the up and up. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Members

It’s hard to justify it before God - as in to declare it in his name. It’s a very pagan holiday but so is Easter and Christmas however those two holidays are easily declared and justified in the Lords name.

I cannot do so with Halloween. It’s a fun day for children but for an adult believer I can not comprehend their joy for Halloween. 
Yeah I hear of Christians giving tracks out on Halloween but I wouldn’t say those are they who are celebrating Halloween just using it to help spread the gospel. 

If this is your thread and your wondering about others beliefs, it is only fair you share your own.

Edited by Hugh_Flower

• Members
14 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

It’s hard to justify it before God - as in to declare it in his name. It’s a pretty pagan holiday and so is Easter and Christmas - however those two holidays are easily declared and justified in the Lords name.

I cannot do so with Halloween. It’s a fun day for children but for an adult believer I can not comprehend there joy for Halloween. 
yeah I hear of Christians giving tracks out on Halloween but I wouldn’t say those are they who are celebrating Halloween just using it to help spread the gospel. 

If this is your thread and your wondering about others beliefs, it is only fair you share your own.

My own is irrelevant. I'm seeking others OPINIONS. Thanks. ?

• Members
13 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

This thread isn't about mine....it's about other people's. ? 

Isn’t it a conversation? And if I’m asking you and you deny me, a brother yet I fulfilled your need, doesn’t that make our relationship unequal? 
I feel like I am not be treated equal. Sorry brother but I don’t think this is what fellowship and charity is about. 

• Members
4 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Isn’t it a conversation? And if I’m asking you and you deny me, a brother yet I fulfilled your need, doesn’t that make our relationship unequal? 
I feel like I am not be treated equal. Sorry brother but I don’t think this is what fellowship and charity is about. 

If you read the opening post, I stated CLEARLY that I wouldn't be revealing where I stood on the subject. Your attempted coercion in the matter isn't appreciated in light of this. Plus, you're taking this thread off topic. This isn't a "fellowship," it's a question with clearly placed guidelines. Respect them please. Thanks.

• Members
1 hour ago, Hugh_Flower said:

I thought you weren’t voicing your opinions on the topic. ?

Hugh, if your attitude is going to be disruptive, I ask that you not participate in this thread. I didn't voice my opinion...I voiced a FACT...there's a difference. I'm going to be direct here, Brother...if you've got a problem with me, please block me. It would be better for you, and I won't have to waste time responding to you. Thanks.

• Administrators

I don't celebrate Halloween as it seems too much of a contradiction for me to get involved with some of the things Halloween involves.

I understand the paganism in Christmas and Easter, but there some things I can celebrate in those holidays like the birth and resurrection....I haven't found anything in Halloween to celebrate yet. 

I don't look at giving out tracts on Halloween as celebrating the holiday, if they are on my doorstep...they are my mission field.. 

• Members
4 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

I don't celebrate Halloween as it seems too much of a contradiction for me to get involved with some of the things Halloween involves.

I understand the paganism in Christmas and Easter, but there some things I can celebrate in those holidays like the birth and resurrection....I haven't found anything in Halloween to celebrate yet. 

I don't look at giving out tracts on Halloween as celebrating the holiday, if they are on my doorstep...they are my mission field.. 

Do you give them candles when they knock 

• Members
1 minute ago, PastorMatt said:

I can't I have as they usually have flashlights.

It’s hard not to give those cute kids candy. If you do, you will not lose your salvation. I remember when I was a kid I used to go trick-or-treating my bag was my pillowcase.