• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Legacy Standard Bible

• Members

I read some reviews on it, but I'm not truly sure if it will be all it's cracked up to be. Some of the people who've read the reviews and excerpts of the Bible itself love it. I'll have to reserve judgement until I know what it's like.

• Members
3 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Does anyone know anything about the new legacy standard bible? I guess it'll be available this fall.

https://lsbible.org/

It's out of John MacArthur's Master's University. It claims to be "in the lineage of the KJV" buts it's just a rehash of the Lockman Foundation's NASB. 

• Administrators
On 10/22/2021 at 8:45 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

I have no need, nor do I care about new bibles. The one I have has served me well since 1977. I had it rebound twice.

While I'm not changing Bibles, I try to be observant of what new Bibles are coming out so I can properly direct others when they ask me questions about what Bible should they use. I know I can honestly say to use the KJV as it's perfectly preserved, but I find I appreciate my KJV Bible more when I study study how other Bibles came to be.

• Members
On 10/24/2021 at 2:02 PM, PastorMatt said:

So what is the point of this new Bible? 

More $$$?

I highly doubt it's motivated by $, they probably just feel like the NASB has some deficiencies and wished to correct them. 

I would be hesitant to ascribe ill motives when we don't know them. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

I would be hesitant to ascribe ill motives when we don't know them. 

I was asking  question if it was $$$ driven, not making a statement. That's why I used a "?" at the end.

• Members
12 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

I was asking  question if it was $$$ driven, not making a statement. That's why I used a "?" at the end.

Sorry, I interpreted your question as somewhat of a rhetorical question. 

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• 6 months later...
  • Members
On 10/24/2021 at 5:02 PM, PastorMatt said:

So what is the point of this new Bible? 

More $$$?

I believe it was translated to be a more conservative alternative to the 2020 NASB. I know that it's supposed to be a revision of the 1995 NASB. From what I've read it appears to support many of Macarthurs beliefs like his, obsession with the word "slave".

I honestly don't see the point of making a new translation either. I do suspect that money is one of the factors too.

I'm sure it is filled with Macarthurs personal beliefs and even though there was a team of scholars doing the translating they were all guys hand picked by John and I'm sure share, similar beliefs.

• 5 months later...