• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Signs of the Times....Are we truly living in the last days?

Go to solution Solved by Jim_Alaska,

• Members
9 minutes ago, E Morales said:

All we have to do is watch Jerusalem when the nations start turning their backs and start planning to go at war with Israel, the rapture will be very soon. You can start saying good bye to your love ones, and don’t worry about paying your bills.

No man knows the day nor the hour. Your advice to not worry about our bills and other things is foolish.

• Members

It seems to me that the nation of Israel of present is not being ruled by God. Many Jews will be in the land when the Antichrist shows up but they will be scattered to the four corners of the earth again. Next time God himself will lead them back not the British or UN.  That will be the fulfillment of Ezekiel 37,38.

• Members

Sure, sure, just ignore the Biblical prophecy I showed above that gives 1948 as the date...

Morales, there are many times in history the surrounding nations have turned on Israel - that in itself doesn't mean that the rapture comes right after a specific battle or skirmish.

• Members
17 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Sure, sure, just ignore the Biblical prophecy I showed above that gives 1948 as the date...

Morales, there are many times in history the surrounding nations have turned on Israel - that in itself doesn't mean that the rapture comes right after a specific battle or skirmish.

Possibly true. Can't say I totally agree with you on the prophecy, but can't say I don't either. Too many variables.

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

No man knows the day nor the hour. Your advice to not worry about our bills and other things is foolish.

Okay ✅ I did not say the day or the hour did I, just checking. The Bible says the foolish man, say there’s no God.

48 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Yes it happened in the old testament but we are waiting for it to happen again in the new.

Edited by E Morales

• Members
15 hours ago, E Morales said:

Okay ✅ I did not say the day or the hour did I, just checking. The Bible says the foolish man, say there’s no God.

You might be a little more clear in your posts what you're trying to put out there. What does the last part of portion of your post have to do with any of this...clarificaton, please. I don't recall anyone here saying that there was "no God."

15 hours ago, E Morales said:

Yes it happened in the old testament but we are waiting for it to happen again in the new.

I think the regathering of Israel has already happened in the NT. Nearly every nation on Earth has turned on Israel. The United States is a fair-weathered friend, and under the Biden Administration they are barely supporting Israel. If we go any further left, we WON'T be supporting Israel.

• Members

I was just reading something that quoted a verse out of Matthew 24, and made reference that these were signs to the world/nation of Israel about Christ's return. For those who discount the Jews return to the land of Israel in 1948, what do you think the signs are in Matthew 24, especially in regards to the fig tree? Jesus said that would be one of the ways we would know His return was near.

If the sign has no modern correlation, then it isn't much of a sign - and we are not close to His return, because Jesus said the signs are an indication He is near(er).

• Members
3 hours ago, Jerry said:

I was just reading something that quoted a verse out of Matthew 24, and made reference that these were signs to the world/nation of Israel about Christ's return. For those who discount the Jews return to the land of Israel in 1948, what do you think the signs are in Matthew 24, especially in regards to the fig tree? Jesus said that would be one of the ways we would know His return was near.

If the sign has no modern correlation, then it isn't much of a sign - and we are not close to His return, because Jesus said the signs are an indication He is near(er).

It's possible you're right. I believe that this is the return that was spoken of. There's really not much evidence to prove it's not.

• Members

Hmmmm. Just doing a quick "catch-up" with this thread discussion; and "wow" I disagree with a goodly number of points that have been offered herein.  This seems to happen commonly for me with "prophecy discussions" among Fundamental Baptists.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Furthermore, in order to explain the outpouring of God’s Spirit that was evidenced in the disciples speaking in other languages, Peter quoted Joel saying, “And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions” (Acts 2:17).  Sadly, Rhodes places this prophecy for future fulfillment and thereby misses or dilutes the interpretation of Joel’s prophecy that Peter made when he connected “the last days” to his own day.

• Members

You sound more like you are plugging your book than anything else. That's the conclusion I have come to after reading your long diatribes. No offense is meant, but after looking at your profile, I have questions concerning your purpose in being here

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

You sound more like you are plugging your book than anything else. That's the conclusion I have come to after reading your long diatribes. No offense is meant, but after looking at your profile, I have questions concerning your purpose in being here

If I was a nondenominational, or non IFB. I would probably not be posting here. Most likely, Non KJ. Would not be posting here. Of course I can be wrong too.